Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Howdy!  (Read 9628 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Howdy!
« on: January 29, 2007, 09:48:15 PM »

So we're going to start the Story of the month feature back up again in February but we still do not have a story of the month to discuss.

I went back over those survey's you filled out and pasted all the answers to your number three questions on it. That was which author or story would you like to see featured as story of the month?

Here is what you said...

3) Name three authors or stories you would like to see as a featured fanfic of
the month:

Eboni (though alas, I believe she may have left the fanfic world...)
Mare
Mersey

the month:

Nicksgal

the month:

Chaos
Mersey
Izzy lol even though dont' think she posts on Chaos.

the month:
Julie
Mersey
Anastacia

the month:
Mizpah - Mare
Messing with magic - Purpura Lipstick (I will read the updates when I have more time!)
On the run - Mersey

3. I would love to see the authors, Starbeamz2, Mare, and the fan fic(I don't know her pen name) "Friends and More?" (if Teresa would hurry and finish it -lol)

the month:
Sarah (starbeamz2 on AC)
Rose (also Rose on AC)
Carrie (Jenna or Carrie_Swengli sh on AC)

1- Concrete Angel by LenniluvsBrian(NEVER has a story made me cry, until I read this one.)

2- Learning To Trust by sweet18_2003

3- Major Inconveniences by Chaos(Probably the FUNNIEST thing I have ever read.)

the month:

well, either they already have been or they will be i bet lol.....mare, shrinkingviole t/any collabs she does, and honey (more specifically Not Your Average Cinderella Story)

the month:
This really tough... Of course I'd say Laura for Something Beautiful although you might say I'm biased cuz she's my partner in crime, Julie (RokofAges) cuz I LOVE the Broken series. It had be glued to my computer. And from what I've read of Mare's work she always manages to pull me in.

the month: The Importance of Fly Fishing by Mare; No Matter What by ForeverRebel; I'm With You by Felikia.

the month:

1. Mare
2. Chaos
3. Julie

the month: Anastacia, Forever Rebel and... hmm... me! Heh. <-- that would be starry eyes lol

the month:
Friends and More, Beautiful Stranger, SEXCAPADES!!!! lol

So now I guess it's time for suggestions.

We most likely will get around to discussing all of these stories and that's what i'd like to happen.

This board will be a place to discuss as you read each chapter, very much like a book club. Maybe you can ask the author questions about specific scenes or comment on your favorites.

Just a place for you to talk about a specific story each month.  ;D

So i'm open to ideas and suggestions on any of the ones mentioned above.

Really my only request is that the fic be complete. It's very hrd to discuss an in progress fic! lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Howdy!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »

I'd really like to say, pick me I'd be so honored and then maybe people would acknowledge me.... Yes, I am selfish. ;)

But alas, in my best intentions, PBox won't be finished until March.

I leave it to your judement... *bows out*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 10:55:52 PM »

Well wow, being mentioned even once is cool, and unexpected for me lol.  :) how'd I miss that.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 11:49:07 PM »

I just noticed I was mentioned once too.. I'm soo ecstatic that I'd write if it wasn't so late and I needed to get to bed. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow morning ... bleh
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 07:51:58 PM »

Aww, yes a lot of you were mentioned.

I am thinking of going back to the very beginning though for this one. Yes, I am aware that was vague lmao

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 12:27:04 AM »

wow. i finally decided to register and enter the MB, and i have to say i'm SO flattered to have been on that list twice. i don't know that it's fair because i've only been writing for about a year...

i think my own choice would be Mare, honey, and MellzBellz just because i love their stuff!
Sarah

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 02:02:16 AM »

Well, if the story has to be finished - I guess that leaves out 2 of my 3 picks. So, Mare - you'd hafta be my vote. Lol. Importance of Fly Fishing - I insist people read! Hehe.

And yay! I got a mention! Lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 03:43:25 PM »

Aww thanks guys! I know i'm really flattered to be mentioned so many times as well, but i'm taking myself out of the running for the first story. I think it's going to be Ground Zero in February. I mean we all know that one, this MB or site wouldn't exist if it weren't for Chaos so I think it's fitting to start with him :)

As your stories are finished though, we'll gladly discuss them. Like I said, we'd love to get to all of the ones mentioned on that list and any others as well.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 05:40:19 PM »

I think that's a good plan, Mare, starting with Chaos. :) We are all in debt to him for this wonderful site we all share. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »

That's what I thought you meant by going back to the beginning, and I think it's a great idea, Mare. :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 09:46:19 PM »

Yay Chaos!!! I'ma hafta read or re-read Ground Zero. I dunno if I've read it yet. But I do know I've read some of his fics.  :D

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 11:14:56 PM »

I just re-read most of Chaos' BSB stories over winter break, and I love Ground Zero to itty-bitty bits! I'm glad there was a sorta update on the blog for No One Can Walk It For You!

thanks for the site and the amazing stories, Chaos!
Sarah

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 05:48:48 PM »

hey guys! I'm a little late to the party... Haven't been on the board for almost a month... yeesh! Anyway, was totally shocked (and flattered)  to see that I made the list, but mt Cinderella story is not quite finished... sad I know but I working on it as fast as i can. I'm excited to see what stories end up being featured though. I think its a great way to discover the really great stories!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 06:02:26 PM »

Hey guys don't forget to go into the Ground Zero thread and comment lol

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 12:00:15 PM »

wow. i finally decided to register and enter the MB, and i have to say i'm SO flattered to have been on that list twice. i don't know that it's fair because i've only been writing for about a year...

i think my own choice would be Mare, honey, and MellzBellz just because i love their stuff!

Aww... Thank you Sarah! It makes me excited when someone says they love my stuff. From what I've read of your stuff I usually really like it a lot! My fav is defnitely Proving Them Wrong.

Haven't been on here in a while myself. I think that picking Ground Zero is very appropriate. I'm gonna have to go read that one though, cuz I don't think I ever have.

Maybe this will give me some incentive to haul ass on my story since I'm kind of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with it LOl j/k
Pages: [1] 2 3