Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Featured story of the Month for January 2009: Life According to Baylee  (Read 15978 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hey there and Happy New Year!

This month's featured story is one that many people seem to enjoy and have requested to have it featured. Life According to Baylee by alota_cookin.

So enjoy reading and come in and let Kristal know what you think about the story and i'm sure she'll be more than happy to answer any questions and comments that come her way.

Here's the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8958

Happy reading! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured story of the Month for January 2009: Life According to Baylee
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 11:13:26 AM »

Here's a survey for you to fill out! lol

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 08:59:56 PM »

Congrats Kristal!  This one definitely deserves to be featured, from all the good things people have said about it.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 11:12:27 PM »

This caught me by, complete, surprise! I had never expected any of my stories to be featured. It's a very nice surprise, though. Thank you!

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
Um...well...I guess one thing would be that a lot of Baylee's bad attitude moments are loosely based on my step daughter. She has got one hell of an attitude. This is how I got the name for the story, too. We got into an argument, once, about how long pregnancy lasts. She just KNEW it only lasted 7 months and I tried telling her that the average pregnancy is 36-40 weeks (hello...I've had a kid...I should know) but she started screaming, telling me I was wrong and didn't know what I was talking about...this is when I was like "Fine...I guess that's life, according to Kierston." A few days later, I came up with the idea for this story and 'Life According to Baylee' seemed to fit.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
I started writing it in April of '08...so I haven't even been working on it for a year, yet.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Brian and Leighanne Littrell were killed in a horrible car accident when their son, Baylee, was only 9 years old. Baylee is now 15 and under the legal guardianship of, one of, the other Boys. Follow Baylee through life's unsuspecting twists, as he struggles to deal with a rocky relationship between him and his guardian, a family member on drugs, a little cousin that loses his mother, the threat of a custody battle, the pressures of high school, and so much more. Will his relationships with Nick, AJ, Howie and Kevin stand strong, or will he push away the men he has always called his uncles? This...is life...accordi ng to Baylee.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
Uuuum...I have no idea! If I think of anything, I'll get back to you, lol.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
Yep...many times. My readers help to keep me motivated. Plus, I'm pretty attached to the characters, so I can't leave them alone for too long. LOL.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
The characters write it...all the way, lol. I may have ideas that get weaved into the story (such as the current Ashley/Nick/Kevin thing) but I never actually outline anything.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
Yikes...I guess I'll have to say Baylee. I love his character and how his moods change. I have become very attached to the kid, lol.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
Anyone who has read LATB probably knows this is coming...Kevin . I, kind of, took him WAY out of character. He is actually the complete opposite of what Kevin is, in real life.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Brian is the only one, not in the story...but yet he, kind of, is...because of his journal. The reason Brian isn't actually in the story is because, if he was, there wouldn't be a story. LOL.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
"Not So Bad" by Ashley (sweet18_2003) http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4563 This is another story about a bratty teen Backstreet son. lol. Michael has a way worse attitude than Baylee though. At any rate, it's a well written story and if you like LATB, I am sure, you'll love NSB.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 03:22:13 PM »

Aww, Woot for Krystal! I know everyone loves this story, so I'm glad it's finally featured! Congrats hun!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 07:40:09 PM »

Yay!! I'm so happy for you. You and LATB definately deserve the recognition...*squee* so congrats to you. *Does a happy dance for you*

I really like this story because it pulls you in, it makes you think of your own teen years and all the issues that came with that stage in life. Like I've said before, we have no idea what Baylee will be like, but it makes you feel like he's real. So great job Crys!!! Now update I'm hooked!!! *Snicker*  :D ;)

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 08:28:54 PM »

Julie and Kelly...thank you, your comments are appreciated, especially since neither of you have read it. lol.

Erika...I know you're hooked, hun, and I'm working on the next chapter now. It will be up soon, I promise!  :D

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »

Congrats on being featured!  I have read it, but I am behind on updates, this gives me a perfect excuse to get caught up  ::)

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 11:32:02 PM »

Aww yay! I love LATB!! Granted I still haven't caught up... it's still awesome. ;D *two thumbs up* Congrats!
~ Amy.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 11:35:38 PM »

Thanks! I had no idea either of you had started reading!

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 11:39:20 PM »

I read it quite a while back...I'm sure I left you some feedback, I usually review at least a chapter here and there of everything I read!!!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 11:42:02 PM »

lol I hope you left her lots of reviews Darby! And I hope she responded to them all too! Then I won't feel so bad about forgetting that she read and reviewed mine!  :)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 11:43:43 PM »

lol, yeah, you knew I was reading awhile ago. I'm just lame and haven't left reviews. :P Sorry. *sheepish*
~ Amy.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 11:46:47 PM »

I just checked...I did R/R...I knew it, and you responded like a nice writer :)

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 11:47:44 PM »

lol I hope you left her lots of reviews Darby! And I hope she responded to them all too! Then I won't feel so bad about forgetting that she read and reviewed mine!  :)

:P I still haven't forgotten that missy!

lol, yeah, you knew I was reading awhile ago. I'm just lame and haven't left reviews. :P Sorry. *sheepish*

LOL...I don't remember knowing that you were reading. Oops!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5