Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Featured story of the Month for January 2009: Life According to Baylee  (Read 15977 times)

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
Re: Featured story of the Month for January 2009: Life According to Baylee
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 11:48:55 PM »

I just checked...I did R/R...I knew it, and you responded like a nice writer :)

Uh oh...really? *runs off to look*

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 11:52:18 PM »

Uh oh...really? *runs off to look*

You did!  I haven't read since around chapter 41, so I am a bad reader...and I need to catch up!!!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 11:52:42 PM »

Woot! I'm redeemed! (Well a little. Crystal reviewed like every chapter of my story.)

So, those of you that have read LATB, what was it you liked about it? What are some of your favorite parts? Everyone who loves this story, come in here and tell me why I need to read this one. Come convince all of us super-picky/slacker readers that this is a must read.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 12:00:32 AM »

Okay...I see them now...my bad!  :-\ Sorry I forgot.
Of course I responded...I respond to every review!

BSB-Chick-101♥

• Captain of Commotion
  • I've got it bad...and I've got it good!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 08:27:55 AM »

YAY Kristal!! I'm so happy for you hun!! You deserve it plenty!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Um, not really much to say. Hi?

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »

Okay...I see them now...my bad!  :-\ Sorry I forgot.
Of course I responded...I respond to every review!

I honestly forgot too until I went back and looked!!!  And of course you responded, that is what everyone should do when someone leaves a review!!!

IwantAJ

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 09:45:09 AM »

Oh wow your a feature story of the month on AC...you must be very happy. Your out of the cli...(nevermind I wont talk out of my ass) I'm very happy for you congrats Kristal.

I know I haven't read the whole story, but what I have read is really good and I'm loving Baylee. I promise to catch up and leave reviews soon.  ;D ;D

Question for you...
Did you pick Nick to be the guardian, because of his relationship with Brian?
Did you consider any of the other guys at some point?

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:49:37 AM by IwantAJ »

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 12:09:57 PM »

Oh wow your a feature story of the month on AC...you must be very happy. Your out of the cli...(nevermind I wont talk out of my ass) I'm very happy for you congrats Kristal.

I know I haven't read the whole story, but what I have read is really good and I'm loving Baylee. I promise to catch up and leave reviews soon.  ;D ;D

Question for you...

I'm not even going to ask the last of that sentence...be good DJ!!! Hey those are good questions by the way *Wink*

Ok so Kristal...I'm baaaaaaack!! Well I have a question for you and although we talk ALL the time, I dont think I've asked this yet?

Why did you choose Kevin to be the bad guy in this story?

Ok maybe two...

Are Morgan and Baylee ever going to smooch it...darn it??

Ha...ha...you know I've been asking you the second question since I started reading.  ;)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 02:21:54 PM »

I've not read this story yet, but I will :)

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 02:37:25 PM »

Question for you...

LMAO...I'm just as shocked, as you, DJ! But, thank you, I am rather happy.

Now, for your questions...

I chose Nick for a couple reasons. First of all, he's kind of the last one you would expect, seeing as he isn't the most mature, of the group. Secondly, he WAS really close with Brian, and thirdly, I imagine that Nick is probably really close, to Baylee, in real life. Nick is an overgrown kid, himself, and I can picture him playing trains, singing Veggitale songs, having play gun fights, and bonding really well, with Baylee. That's why I figured I could build on that, to make an interesting story line.

I never did consider any of the other guys, because when I first thought of the idea...it was literally of Brian dieing and leaving Baylee in Nick's care. Since that was the original thought, I never strayed, from it.

Ok so Kristal...I'm baaaaaaack!! Well I have a question for you and although we talk ALL the time, I dont think I've asked this yet?

Why did you choose Kevin to be the bad guy in this story?

Ok maybe two...

Are Morgan and Baylee ever going to smooch it...darn it??

Ha...ha...you know I've been asking you the second question since I started reading.  ;)

Why did I choose Kevin?...well...I guess he just drew the short stick, lol. All the guys are taken a little out of character, in this story. Howie and AJ are carefree pranksters that sneak Baylee out, in the middle of the night, to roam condemned 'haunted' insane asylums. Nick is serious and doesn't accept any funny business (at least, for the first 15, or so, chapters). Kevin was taken the most out of character, being the complete ass...there's really no specific reason, for it, that's just how it happened. *shrug*

Aaaah, the oh so common Baylee/Morgan question. LOL. Do you really think I'm going to answer that? If I haven't answered yet, there must be a reason, for it! You'll just have to keep reading, Er.

Ok...next question!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 02:41:01 PM by alota_cookin »

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 03:07:14 PM »

Why did I choose Kevin?...well...I guess he just drew the short stick, lol. All the guys are taken a little out of character, in this story. Howie and AJ are carefree pranksters that sneak Baylee out, in the middle of the night, to roam condemned 'haunted' insane asylums. Nick is serious and doesn't accept any funny business (at least, for the first 15, or so, chapters). Kevin was taken the most out of character, being the complete ass...there's really no specific reason, for it, that's just how it happened. *shrug*

I think the reason it does work so well is that you see them each having characteristic s/playing roles that you wouldn't normally associate with them.  I think that sometimes situations bring out different sides of people. 

I can't think of any questions so I thought I would just put in my two-cents :)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 05:25:41 PM »

Congrats.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 07:36:55 PM »

Oh wow your a feature story of the month on AC...you must be very happy. Your out of the cli...(nevermind I wont talk out of my ass)

I find this very out of place, and would like to ask what you meant, since you obviously meant to mention it otherwise you would have just backspaced.

But on to positive vibes.  :)

Anywho, congrats Kristal. I don't appear much in the featured thread section much, but that's cause it always makes me feel bad that I don't read like I used to lol.

So guys, what makes LATB such a draw in? Why would I enjoy it? Make me wanna read it, like Kelly's been saying lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 08:14:06 PM »

Thanks for the congrats, Dee and Rose.

Darby...you just might be onto something, with your thought.  :D

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 09:20:47 PM »

...que.

If being featured had anything to do with cliques it would be the most messed up group of people ever, if you look at who has been since the get-go lol

Congrats Kristal! I have to admit I'm not very good at reading (or writing for that matter) lately, so I haven't yet "picked up" LATB though I have been meaning to! It's definitely a different concept.

Why did you pick Baylee and not create a fictional child?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5