Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Featured story of the Month for January 2009: Life According to Baylee  (Read 15976 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured story of the Month for January 2009: Life According to Baylee
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 05:28:11 PM »

Yay! I love when these threads are nice and active and the people who have read the story participate, it make's Oprah's job a lot easier. LOL

I do have one question for you and I hope no one has asked it yet. How did you decide who would take care of Baylee after Brian died? Did you ever go back and forth with different scenerios in your head like giving him to Brian's parent's?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2009, 07:11:49 PM »

YaY Kristal!!!! You finally got your story featured!!! This is probably one of my all time favorites. There is so much going on, but it all ties together somehow. I love it. Im so happy for you!!! Here is to you and YOUR month!!!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 08:00:37 PM »

Did you ever go back and forth with different scenerios in your head like giving him to Brian's parent's?

Ooh I wouldn't have thought of that. Good question Oprah-Mare!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 08:12:00 PM »

Why did you pick Baylee and not create a fictional child?
I do have one question for you and I hope no one has asked it yet. How did you decide who would take care of Baylee after Brian died? Did you ever go back and forth with different scenerios in your head like giving him to Brian's parent's?

Well...I kinda already explained this a little...but the idea came to me, at work. The original idea was of Baylee being left in Nick's care, after something happened to Brian and Leighanne. Seriously...th at's exactly what I thought and I was like "Holy shit! I don't think anything like that has ever been done!" So, I never even thought of using a fictional child or leaving Baylee with anyone else. I stuck with that concept and just built on it.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 08:23:54 PM »

Sorry, I looked for that answer but didn't see it lol Cat's out of the bag, I guess now you all know I can't read :P

Did you ever worry that readers would get nitpicky (like they do with many stories) and start pointing out the legalities of appointing a guardian that isn't a relative? Or did you figure that creative licence would make people happy enough if they were concerned?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 08:49:27 PM »

It's mentioned fairly early on, that Brian and Leighanne had a will, that appointed Nick to take guardianship, if anything ever happened to them. As you get a little more into the story, Baylee finds Brian's journal. Baylee continues to read the journal (it becomes a pretty big part of the story) and it eventually reveals the reasons behind that decision.

So, I think at the beginning a got a couple questions, as to why Nick was the guardian, but after the will was mentioned, no one seemed to question it any more.

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »

Yay!  I love this story  ;D
I've read it on and off for quite a while when I've had the chance and the chapters never fail to tug at the heartstrings and pull the reader in to the life Baylee now leads as a teen.

I can't imagine how difficult a situation like that would be for everyone involved, but I think you've done a great job at portraying the trials and tribulations.

I look forward to reading more of this story in the coming weeks  :)
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 09:20:40 PM »

Do you see yourself ever writing a sequel?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 09:21:04 PM »

or a prequel? lol

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 10:40:18 PM »

Yay!  I love this story  ;D
I've read it on and off for quite a while when I've had the chance and the chapters never fail to tug at the heartstrings and pull the reader in to the life Baylee now leads as a teen.

I can't imagine how difficult a situation like that would be for everyone involved, but I think you've done a great job at portraying the trials and tribulations.

I look forward to reading more of this story in the coming weeks  :)

Thank you so much, hun, I appreciate the compliments!!! I'm glad that you've enjoyed the story, so far.

As far as a prequel...I haven't really thought about that. Sequel, though, that's a strong possibility. I have some ideas but, it really just depends on if I can develop those ideas enough, to warrant another story.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »

As far as a prequel...I haven't really thought about that. 

You should!  All of this Ashley stuff and the mystery surrounding that are definitely peaking my interest...and if you were to include the actual accident and how it all went down with Nick getting Baylee...that would be really interesting to read!  I see mucho potential!

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »

I hadn't thought about that. The whole Ashley mystery will come to light, soon, though. However, I might consider the idea of coming up with a prequel...I'll have to think on that, some more!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2009, 03:40:34 PM »

LOL am I just asking quesitons everyone else has? Sorry about that.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2009, 05:28:56 PM »

No, Mare...no one had asked about the sequel/prequel thing. I just didn't quote your question on my post.  :D My bad, lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009, 06:07:15 PM »

ah, okay, I thought you were quoting someone else and I was like "Dang! Did I miss this again?" lol

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5