Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Featured story of the Month for January 2009: Life According to Baylee  (Read 15979 times)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
Re: Featured story of the Month for January 2009: Life According to Baylee
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2009, 09:25:22 PM »

It's weird trying to picture Baylee that old. lol I just see that small kid's head on a teenagers body.

Guys there's only one more week left to feature this one, so if anyone has any questions for Kristal, now's the time!

How about I pose this to the LATB readers.

Tell us what your favorite scene of this story has been and why?

I actually have two favorite scenes in the story, well two that stand out...

The first one is- Is when Howie visits, he's not as innocent as we all think he is. He and AJ take Baylee ghost hunting and when they get home, Nick is waiting and scolds them. But they are busy making fun of Nick...it just made me laugh through the chapter.

The second one is- When Baylee, Morgan and Sean are at their favorite hang out and all of a sudden they start talking about the male reproduction system and poor Morgan is stuck with two boys talking about themselves...I just thought it was cute and funny. Something that teens would somehow end up talking about. lol!!

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2009, 10:27:37 PM »

I actually have two favorite scenes in the story, well two that stand out...

The first one is- Is when Howie visits, he's not as innocent as we all think he is. He and AJ take Baylee ghost hunting and when they get home, Nick is waiting and scolds them. But they are busy making fun of Nick...it just made me laugh through the chapter.

The second one is- When Baylee, Morgan and Sean are at their favorite hang out and all of a sudden they start talking about the male reproduction system and poor Morgan is stuck with two boys talking about themselves...I just thought it was cute and funny. Something that teens would somehow end up talking about. lol!!

Ha ha...not only so they take Bay ghost hunting...they snuck him out, in the middle of the night, to do it!  :D

I had completely forgotten about the second one. How I could forget, I'm not sure...even after we talked about it, I still had to go back and re-read it! How bad is THAT?!? I laughed so hard when I wrote that, too! I'm a dork. lol.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2009, 04:28:20 AM »

So I just read your new update. Question??

Why does it seem like Leighanne was constantly down poor Brian's throat?

*Grin*

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2009, 01:10:44 PM »

Favourite parts so far when they go to the shopping mall where they are all acting like kids on those kiddie rides, Nick is back to being Nick instead of a clone of Kevin.

Also the part where they go away for Christmas to Maine, playing in the snow.

Still not caught up and have a long way to go, but I'll get there :)

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2009, 09:25:47 PM »

So I just read your new update. Question??

Why does it seem like Leighanne was constantly down poor Brian's throat?

*Grin*

Of course...you had to ask! Let's see if I can explain this right, lol.

First of all...if you look at the dates, of the journal, they are pretty spaced out...with days or, even, weeks, in between them.

The journal was more of a venting tool, for him, than anything else. He used it to blow off steam, if something was bothering him...to sort out his thoughts, when he had to make a big decision...and sometimes to describe big events, like Baylee's birthday.

His entries aren't a day-by-day blow of everything, that was going on, in his life. He just wrote about the major things on his mind. I can't imagine he would need to vent about going to a movie, with Leighanne, or her surprising him, with his favorite dinner.

It's one of those things, where you can vent all day long, about everything that's wrong...but, not even think to mention what's right. Like those nights where you and I sit on AIM bitching about our men and everything that is pissing us off...but I forget to mention that mine vacuumed the house, and you forget to mention that yours surprised you by bringing home arm loads of groceries.

Does any of that make sense?  :-\ Do you have ANY clue what I'm talking about?

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2009, 06:43:35 AM »

That's one of the things that I really liked about the journal entries--they really seem like it's a journal. A lot of times when writers use journals within stories, they do seem to write it "blow-by-blow". Now, I guess maybe that is how some people write in their journals, but I know mine are more like Brian's--they're to think things out and vent frustrations that I wouldn't otherwise vent.

This may have already been asked (I haven't gone through this whole thread cuz I'm still reading the story *hides face*. Really enjoying it so far, had hoped to finish by the end of the month but doesn't look like I'll make it. Next month for sure though! LOL) so if it has, I apologize! But I know you said you write chapter-by-chapter, but did you know any of the major events before you started out (not counting, of course the stuff that's the whole premise like Brian/Leighanne's deaths) or how far in advance do you know stuff that's going to happen? For example the trip to Maine, did you know several chapters ahead that they were going to do that, or was it as spur of the moment as it was in the fic?

Do you know how it all ends (for this story, not counting if you do any sequels)?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 06:54:14 AM by Chaos »

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2009, 01:39:29 PM »

When I first started writing LATB...I only really had the main concept. I think I re-wrote the prologue ten times, before I actually posted it. The same goes for the first chapter. Early on, most events were rather spur of the moment. I do write chapter-by chapter, however, I do plan a lot of things out, in my mind, too.

The journal...yeah ...I never planned for that to end up being a continuous part, of the story. I had put the first entry in, just as a one time deal. But I got so much feedback on how well it fit and people were asking for more, of Brian and that was when I got the idea of using the journal, to reveal how Nick became Baylee's guardian. It took quite a few entries, before it got that far, though. So I guess it started as a spontaneous thing...but ended up getting planned out.

The trip to Maine...Nick came up with that idea, lol. I was just sitting there working on it, when it came time for Nick to say something...th at's what popped out, so I went with it. The characters make a huge impact, on the events. Although sometimes one, of them, will come up with something and I'm like "Uh...no." and then delete whatever it was. LMAO!

I won't go into details on these things, as you haven't gotten that far, but things like Morgan's master plan, Ashley, Mason's 'move', the farm, and Morgan's outburst were all planned out at least a couple chapters ahead. Sometimes it's only a chapter, or two ahead...someti mes it's several chapters. Talk about having inconsistent methods!

Do I know how it ends? Is "sort of" an answer?  :-\ I have a few varying ideas, for how this story will end. Nothing concrete though. I am pretty set about the time frame, in which, it will end...but not the exact ending events.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2009, 07:56:12 PM »

Though way late, Congrats on being featured! :D

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2009, 10:34:38 AM »

Thanks, Lenni!  ;)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2009, 10:37:17 AM »

Hope you enjoyed your month Kristal!

I'll be back tomorrow with February's new story! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2009, 11:03:47 PM »

Thanks, Mare. It was definitely an interesting experience.  :D (Beylee even got a few new readers! Whoot!)

YAY, for whoever is next!  :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]