Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: A challenge for the New Year  (Read 2973 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
A challenge for the New Year
« on: January 01, 2009, 11:35:49 PM »

As we begin this new year, I challenge you to read something new on AC.  But, because this is a challenge, there's a slight catch.

Don't just go to AC and pick something off the Recent Updates list or The Tens to read.  Instead, go to the thread on the Author Inquisition board called "Let's ring in the new year with some praise!"   Read through the responses.

I challenge you to read at least one story that was mentioned in that thread, or any story by an author who posted or was mentioned in the thread.  It should be a story you've never read before.  If you want to REALLY challenge yourself, make it a story you would not normally read, or a story by an author whose work you've never read before.  Read it, review it for the author, and then post about it in this thread.

Hopefully this will be a chance for us all to discover some great fiction!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: A challenge for the New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »

and hopefully more people will post in that thread. Where is everyone lately? I feel like it's just us anymore.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »

OK, there are like 4 stories mentioned in that thread that I need to read. But I'm familiar with almost all of the authors mentioned there, so more people need to post with some of the newer stuff and newer authors that I don't know yet!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:01:08 PM »

That's the problem. We need to get some of the new people to post. :) lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »

I think we're all recovering from the holidays.  ;D
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 02:19:49 PM »

I've read one of the fics mentioned in that thread.  It's by a writer called your_ill_july (I think that's right).  It's an incredible story, so beautifully written.  I just hope she updates it cos I need more!!

I'm going to find the time to read some more stories too, there is so much talent here :)

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 02:34:57 PM »

Don't just go to AC and pick something off the Recent Updates list or The Tens to read.  Instead, go to the thread on the Author Inquisition board called "Let's ring in the new year with some praise!"   Read through the responses.

Hopefully this will be a chance for us all to discover some great fiction!

I agree, I am definitely planning on reading some of the stuff that was mentioned in there...

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 07:40:38 PM »

I need to try reading something in there. Once I have time lol
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury