Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The February Challenge  (Read 9614 times)

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
Re: The February Challenge
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 03:50:17 PM »

'K. Just making sure I wasn't making it harder than it had to be  ;D

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 11:46:34 AM »

Done. :woot:

My Mockey Night based on this photo:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 02:50:56 PM »

YAY our first story!! A bit woot! For Chaos!!

WOOT! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 03:05:52 PM »

That was actually a really hard challenge! It was hard to figure out how to make at least most of the characters identifiable using only dialogue. I don't know how anyone could possibly read it without knowing the characters and figure out who the heck is saying what. (Although probably even some who do know the characters will have trouble with that, but eh. lol.)

Edit: And according to "Word" it was exactly 1000 words. When I posted it said only 920, but hey.

It was a fun one! Can't wait to see what next month's is.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 03:07:33 PM by Chaos »

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 03:09:02 PM »

aww. Woot! Awesome challenge response! I love those guys.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 03:10:48 PM »

That was actually a really hard challenge! It was hard to figure out how to make at least most of the characters identifiable using only dialogue. I don't know how anyone could possibly read it without knowing the characters and figure out who the heck is saying what. (Although probably even some who do know the characters will have trouble with that, but eh. lol.)

Edit: And according to "Word" it was exactly 1000 words. When I posted it said only 920, but hey.

It was a fun one! Can't wait to see what next month's is.  ;D

Yeah, that's exactly what I though when I looked at the picture. But like I said in my review, I knew pretty much who was speaking the whole time. You did great at making them identifiable.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 03:13:21 PM »

It is very hard to just write an entire story in dialogue. I wrote a short story like that a few years back for fun and it was one of the hardest things I have ever tried to do.

You diod a great job at making them identifiable, even for someone like me who didn't know who was who. I wasn't too confused.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 03:20:37 PM »

Yeah, that was hard!!! I probably should have picked a picture with fewer characters, but I just couldn't resist trying to make up one for that pic. Glad it wasn't *too* confusing! lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 05:13:24 PM »

Ok. I did mine too. I wanted to change it up a little so I went with a Firefly picture. But AC doesn't have a Firefly category, so I just posted it under original fiction for now. (You think maybe you guys could add one? Steph and I want to write a Firefly fan fic, and we'll need a place to post it...)

Anyhoo, here's my challenge. May be the shortest response I've ever done. It's called Unexpected Company

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9582&chapter=1

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 05:21:04 PM »

I'd be happy to add the category. Woot! New Fandom!

I haven't ever watched that show, but just picked up the DVD set on sale a few days ago. Just have to find time to sit down and watch it.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »

I'd be happy to add the category. Woot! New Fandom!

I haven't ever watched that show, but just picked up the DVD set on sale a few days ago. Just have to find time to sit down and watch it.

Dude! Best TV series ever. You must find time. Watch the show before you watch the movie though. (It's better, and you'll like the movie better if you know the characters first.)

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 05:27:39 PM »

Funny enough that's why I bought the series, so I could watch the movie. I've heard it's supposed to be a pre-quel, but I hate seeing things out of order. LOL.

Plus, okay, a lot of people that I generally have the same taste as have loved the show, so I knew I had to check it out. I was just reluctant because I knew it'd been cancelled already before I'd even heard of it. *grumbles*. (I'm a big fan of Whedon, though, so I knew eventually I'd have to watch.)

Category has been added. You'll have to tell me if I missed any characters--I just went from the IMDB info.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 05:28:58 PM »

Yay! Thanks!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 05:29:44 PM »

I actually liked the series better than the movie. But I won't discuss until after you've seen it.

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2009, 05:34:26 PM »

Spiffy. Maybe I'll even try to convince the fam to sit down and watch at least one ep tonight when I get home. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4