Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The February Challenge  (Read 9618 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: The February Challenge
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »

Plus, okay, a lot of people that I generally have the same taste as have loved the show, so I knew I had to check it out. I was just reluctant because I knew it'd been cancelled already before I'd even heard of it. *grumbles*. (I'm a big fan of Whedon, though, so I knew eventually I'd have to watch.)

Yes, it was so unjustly canceled before it ever even had a chance to live. (Stupid Fox morons...) But it was soooo awesome it just wouldn't stay dead and it became the only cancelled TV series ever to be made into a major motion picture. It's actually quite the cool story. There's a little about it on the Movie DVD that's worth checking out when you get that far.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2009, 06:12:07 PM »

Yay another completed challenge of which I know nothing about the characters! lol Although I did watch a few episodes of this one when there was a scifi channel mini marathon going on.

I should write a Highlander or Numb3rs one lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2009, 06:54:25 PM »

OOoh! I'd love to see a Numb3rs one. That'd be a hard fandom to write, I'd think, but it'd be cool.  ;D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »

I don't know if i'd be able to do a Numb3rs one with just dialogue. I'm afriad to do a normal one because of all the math lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »

LOL. Yeah that'd be my problem with Numb3rs, too. I mean I can do the research for stuff like CSI, etc, and bluff my way through it, but when it comes to talking math...just don't think I'd be good at that--at least not making it *interesting*. I haven't read much from that fandom, but there are a few good fics out there. Most of them use the characters but ignore the math. lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 02:20:08 PM »

LOL I would probably end up being one of those people.

ange.to.the.la

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2009, 11:48:27 PM »

You can use whatever pick you'd like. Doesn't matter of it's the boys or not. Have fun :)

Thanks. I'll see if I can come up with something.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 05:53:55 AM »

I've read the challenges posted so far and whilst I don't know the characters, I thought the challenge stories were great.

So, if it can be about any picture I'll have another go and see what I come up with :)

fracktrain

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 08:50:43 AM »

Okay here's my picture.....http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=284719884&albumID=739613&imageID=8135455

------------------------------Smallville

"Lex,Are you okay?"

"I'm fine dad."

"You don't look fine to me."

"If you must know,I had a fight with Clark."

"Clark?..Didn't I tell you to stay away from him!"

"Your not my keeper!"

"Lex,Clark's not the kind of person you should be around!"

"Goodbye dad!"

ange.to.the.la

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »

Hmm. I was thinking of doing a Smallville one, but I couldn't find a picture I liked. Yours was short sweet and to the point. (Kind of like a lot of Smallville scenes haha. THey're always showing up unannounced on that show, then say five words and abruptly leave again.) Good job! I found a good picture for the office, but it's harder than I thought it would be, so I haven't written anything yet. Maybe I'll try a Roswell picture. I know that show better.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2009, 07:43:10 PM »

It is hard to write in all dialogue, isn't It?

Good job so far everyone! Kudos to you all!

exclusive

• Fledgling
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 03:49:54 PM »

Okay, so I need a little help. I'm trying to post something for the challenge and I'm just trying to italicize one word. I do this: <i>me<i> and it italicizes everything. I've seriously tried every other variation. Can anyone show me how to do it? lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 04:08:07 PM »

You're forgetting the slash in the second tag.  It should be:

<i>me</i>

The slash closes the italics, so then it will go back to regular text.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

exclusive

• Fledgling
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2009, 06:39:04 PM »

Oooh, gotcha. It takes me a minute to get all of this online jazz down. I swear I think I'm the most comp. illiterate 22 year old out there, either that or I just don't care enough. lmao Thank you so much for your help though!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2009, 06:41:41 PM »

LOL no problem; it took me awhile to master the whole HTML tag thing too.  I had the "Oh no, why is everything in italics??" problem too LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4