Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Do you write anything other than BSB fics?  (Read 6669 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Do you write anything other than BSB fics?
« on: February 24, 2009, 06:43:20 AM »

Just wondering if anyone writes anything besides BSB fanfic?  If so, who do you write about and do you post it here on AC?

The first fanfic I ever wrote was a Take That one, not sure if you've heard of them over there, but they are pretty big over here.  I'd read a few fics on a Take That site and wondered whether I could write one, so gave it a go.

I'm also writing a Westlife one, but have kind of lost the plot a bit at the moment, lol.

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
Re: Do you write anything other than BSB fics?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 07:58:46 AM »

but have kind of lost the plot a bit at the moment

Don't you hate it when that happens? I totally wrote myself into a corner on a couple of my fics (one that's being posted, a few that I haven't ever started posting because I swore I wouldn't start posting anything new until it was either completed or until I'd completed some of my other "in progress" stories...lol) and am finding it really hard to get out of it. Hate that!!!

Okay, back to the question, though. LOL. Yeah, I write a lot of other things. My current loves are Scrubs, Psych, and Supernatural, though I'm also trying really hard to get a draft done on my original novel. My other fanfic is posted here on AC (well most of it, anyway) but my original novel is not. Though I will say that the original idea for it did come from one of my BSB fics that I have not completed (and haven't decided whether to take what was written of it offline or whether to keep it up and slap an ending of some sort on it because I hate that I've left it incomplete for so long...*hangs head*.)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 08:42:33 AM »

I've never seen Scrubs but know it's a medical comedy (I think).  I wouldn't mind reading a Supernatural one sometime as I've only recently got into watching that, not seen many episodes but will hopefully catch up on them sooner or later.

Yeah, I hate not being able to think of where the story is going next, it's quite frustrating really.

fracktrain

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 12:44:06 PM »

Yep, hate that too and I use to LOVE take that.The band broke-up,or as least that's what I heard [I think one singer went out on his own]

Back to the question,I love writing so yeah,I have other stuff besides bsb....most of them the tv shows/cartoons I watch.Most stuff in repeat that have ended.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 01:33:35 PM »

Yep, hate that too and I use to LOVE take that.The band broke-up,or as least that's what I heard [I think one singer went out on his own]

Back to the question,I love writing so yeah,I have other stuff besides bsb....most of them the tv shows/cartoons I watch.Most stuff in repeat that have ended.

Yeah, they broke up and then got back together in 2006, without Robbie Williams who left them back in the old days.

I was thinking of doing a fic based on a TV show, but will have to research it a bit beforehand.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 01:43:30 PM »

I write other stuff too. I wrote one Smallville story and A couple of Supernatural stories, and am hopefully going to be writing a Firefly story here soon. All of that is hosted on AC. Mostly though, I write original fiction. I have hosted that over on fictionpress, but am not posting any of my original stuff anymore, and as soon as the awards are over, will be taking my original stuff down.

Sadly, it seems the more I write original fiction, the less I write fan fiction no matter what the fandom.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 03:20:06 PM »

I have written one SN short and that's about it. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 04:25:02 PM »

I don't really write anything but Bsb.  I tried my hand at Harry Potter fanfic back in 2002... even posted the beginning on fanfic.net.  I only ever got to Chapter 3 though LOL.  It was a Marauders fic, and my analness for detail took over, and I was like, "I can't write any more of this until all the books have come out so I know the whole back story."  Of course, at that point, only the first four books were out LOL.  So by the time I knew the whole back story, my ambitions to write a HP fic had long since ended.

I did find it on fanfic.net though, which was fun because I don't have any of it saved on my PC anymore.  Here it is, in all its sad, pathetic, unfinished, barely-started glory LOL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/732675/1/When_the_Moon_Rises
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 05:15:44 PM »

I write other stuff too. I wrote one Smallville story and A couple of Supernatural stories, and am hopefully going to be writing a Firefly story here soon. All of that is hosted on AC. Mostly though, I write original fiction. I have hosted that over on fictionpress, but am not posting any of my original stuff anymore, and as soon as the awards are over, will be taking my original stuff down.

Sadly, it seems the more I write original fiction, the less I write fan fiction no matter what the fandom.

Aww, there's nothing sad about that. It's a good thing you write original fiction! I wish I could motivate myself to write more. Poor Lima has been stuck under the water for so long now i'm sure she's way dead :( lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 07:08:51 PM »

It's just sad that one has to replace the other. I can't seem to do both very well. No more fan fic is kind of sad.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 07:50:33 PM »

yeah it is sad when you put it that way. I guess for me, i'd be grateful if I could motivate myself to write anything at all, fanfic or not. No motivation anymore. :(

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »

Kelly, do you mean you're taking your original fic off AC or off FictionPress?
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 09:21:41 PM »

It's just sad that one has to replace the other. I can't seem to do both very well. No more fan fic is kind of sad.

I consider what I write to be both original and fanfic (for some things) because take out the names and it's fic minus fan.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 09:23:44 PM »

Kelly, do you mean you're taking your original fic off AC or off FictionPress?

Both.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »

For potential-publishing reasons, or other?
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2 3