Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Do you write anything other than BSB fics?  (Read 6674 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Do you write anything other than BSB fics?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 10:50:24 PM »

But I love Jamie!

I've been dabbling more into Original Fic myself these days as well... So we'll see what goes down.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 06:19:53 AM »

I actually have a couple of ideas for original fics, the kind that really can't just be made into a fanfic, which is something new for me, but I have enough fanfic projects to keep me busy for the next few years, so I'm just sitting on them for now.  But someday...
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 11:45:15 AM »

For potential-publishing reasons, or other?

Yeah, well I'm almost done with the 3rd draft of Jamie now and I think when it's finished, I'll do one last sweep for any new typos and whatnot since a lot changed in this re-write, but after that I think it will be ready to be sent out. ANd I've done enough research and am going to look for agent representation instead of going directly to publishing companies. I mean who knows if any of this will go anywhere, but after the SKOW awards, I am going to delete my FP account altogether just because I've heard that an agent would make you do that anyway (assuming I could get someone to rep me in the first place.) And then I'll have to take Jamie down from AC if I'm sending it to people, you know? LOL I'm getting antsy. I've done a lot of research and have a list of agents to contact in round one of trying to get repped... Now I just have to hurry and finish the damn manuscript. It's kind of exciting. I'm ready to get my first rejection letter!

I am going to leave my fan fic up though, maybe just make doubly sure that it can't be connected to me in any way, because no one will ever really be able to figure that out if I don't tell anyone. And if they did, who would care?

And Dee, don't worry, I'll put you on my list of people to send the book to for feedback when I finish the second Jamie book - which I've already started! (I decided to put my other projects on hold, because the Jamie sequel stepped in and took over my brain without my permission.  lol)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »

And Dee, don't worry, I'll put you on my list of people to send the book to for feedback when I finish the second Jamie book - which I've already started! (I decided to put my other projects on hold, because the Jamie sequel stepped in and took over my brain without my permission.  lol)

Sweet! ;D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 05:01:46 PM »

I've dabbled in Buffy fiction, none of it ever made it up to AC though. I've debated in reviving it, cause it was like a combo deal between the "worlds" of Buffy/Angel and took place post Season 5 of Angel...but combined Buffy in there...

But yeah, it was also a collab too that never made it lol. But I may rewrite it and post it myself someday.

I do original fiction, I started converting JAD into original, further than what's made it on FP/AC. And I've written OF that I just never felt comfortable posting. BSB fanfic always felt safest for me to post so that's what made it lol
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 09:48:22 PM »

Yeah, well I'm almost done with the 3rd draft of Jamie now and I think when it's finished, I'll do one last sweep for any new typos and whatnot since a lot changed in this re-write, but after that I think it will be ready to be sent out. ANd I've done enough research and am going to look for agent representation instead of going directly to publishing companies. I mean who knows if any of this will go anywhere, but after the SKOW awards, I am going to delete my FP account altogether just because I've heard that an agent would make you do that anyway (assuming I could get someone to rep me in the first place.) And then I'll have to take Jamie down from AC if I'm sending it to people, you know? LOL I'm getting antsy. I've done a lot of research and have a list of agents to contact in round one of trying to get repped... Now I just have to hurry and finish the damn manuscript. It's kind of exciting. I'm ready to get my first rejection letter!

Awesome!!  Let us know how it goes!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 06:46:14 AM »

Good luck with getting your book published :)

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 09:06:29 PM »

Yes, & Yes.

I've written other things, such as [in alphabetical order-lol] Alvin & the Chipmunks, Baywatch, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Full House, Hannah Montana, Home Improvement, Law & Order: SVU, Lizzie McGuire, Ninja Turtles, Walker: Texas Ranger, X-men, etc.

Half are on here, & the other half are either on fanfiction.net or elsewhere - lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »

Hmm, I like x-men!

I'm currently writing something totally out of the ordinary for me, it's a Gary Barlow from Take That fic, and it's kind of an action/adventure type of story, I've even killed off a few people in it, which is something I've never done because I always like happy lovely stuff, lol.  Not sure if it's any good, but I'm enjoying writing it.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 08:40:15 PM »

If I'd known about fanfics like four years ago, I'm sure I would have dabbled in 7th Heaven fanfics.

However, I'm pathetic and don't even write BSB fanfics any more. I've been more into orig. fics and non-fic.
~ Amy.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 09:33:11 PM »

Are you working on some original fic now, Amy?
~Julie

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 10:52:57 PM »

I used to write tons of poetry and short stories, but as of now, no.  I don't really write BSB fic much...before I started Casual the last time I wrote a BSB FF was in 2001 or 2002.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »

It's nice to see writers from the golden age come back!  LOL  I wish more of them would!  But I'm glad there is still so much action on AC, a new generation of Bsb fanfic writers and all that.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 10:57:39 PM »

I agree. LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 11:11:03 PM »

I am old school, I guess  :)...I have always been more of a reader than a writer, but every few years I get inspired!
Pages: 1 [2] 3