Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Do you write anything other than BSB fics?  (Read 6673 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Do you write anything other than BSB fics?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 11:13:05 PM »

I used to be a crazy reader. I would stay up for hours reading fanfics. I wish I had the stamina to do that again, or the urge even. LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 11:15:07 PM »

I don't read much FF anymore either, I have a few that are still being updated that I follow, but I don't really seek out new stuff. 

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 11:26:54 PM »

That's how I am too... I miss the days of having to tear myself away from the computer cause the fic I was reading was so good, I couldn't stop!  It's been a LONG time since I've had that experience.  There's a few fics I'm following now that are really good, but I can't remember the last fic I just stumbled onto and voluntarily read from beginning to end in a couple of sittings. :(
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 11:28:35 PM »

Same here :( I think way back then, people updated more frequently than they do now, or maybe it's just because I was so new at it and all of the fics I was reading were already finished.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 11:29:19 PM »

^
It's been a LONG time since that happened for me too!  I have trouble getting into stories now...I am picky, I guess...and busy...if I don't engage in the first few chapters I'm out!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 11:40:33 PM »

Exact same here.  And that's a good point; of the finished stories, most of them I've either already read or already tried to read and could not get into.  The ones I'm actually following hardly ever get updated, so I feel like I hardly ever read LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

kaybee988

• Fledgling
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »

I used to sit at my computer for hours reading fic. I had my whole directory of fic websites on my computer. Too bad most of those websites are inactive now.

If any of you like Battlestar Galactica (2003) I wrote a little short one-shot for a fic challenge. That's the fandom I've been reading a lot of fanfic in lately.

All you people, can't you see, can't you see...
Pages: 1 2 [3]