Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for March 2009: Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon  (Read 5285 times)

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion
  • I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine

Steeeeeeph! Oh how I love thee! Left and Leaving is a fantastic story, just like all of your stories are. I wanted to just flat out say "Read all of Sakabelle's stories" but I figured I'd pick one that was the most angsty and sad. I appreciate your friendship and your views so much. You are my first and most loyal faithful reader. You've been with me since nearly the beginning of UAS, and I love you dearly! I'm happy you've stuck with me for this long lol :)

Question time!

I knew that I had to find some sort of counsler for the two, just cause Brian and Leslie needed to be reminded of the fact that they're little world wasn't completely closed off. Their actions could and were affecting the people around them. I picked AJ because out of everyone, I figured he'd understand where they were coming from before anyone else because he just seems like an open guy. And he's definitely quirky. I thought he could keep a level head by staying objective, but trying to help push them in the right direction too. His part in the story was definitely planned. I wanted Brian and Leslie to get caught, and I knew I wanted it to be AJ (cause of the counsler thing) but from then on I winged it.

And I'm so happy you mentioned the musical/quote aspect of this story! That makes me SO SO SO happy! And the fact that you see that it sets the mood for that particular scene/chapter just thrills me to no end, because that's what I try and do. Kinda like for a movie or TV show. I figured it heightens what I'm trying to get across. Music inspires me to write (I mean hell, I friggen based the whole story on the piano piece Leslie plays in UAS). I know you love Almost Lover, I just didn't know it branched further than that. Thanks Steph!! You've made my day :)

Thanks so much for the question and the comments!  ;D
Becca: I *so* flirt with you in math.
Evan: Tell me about it. I - same-sies.
~Superbad

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

First off - congrats for being featured this month!

I have read this! (two in a row now lol) So I can actually comment :)

Why did you make Leslie an employee? Why not just a tag-along?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion

Thanks Julilly! :)

I made Leslie an employee because it gave her a better justification for being on the tour. I wanted her and Nick's relationship to be very new, and I thought it would be super unrealistic for her to drop her whole life to go on a world tour with her new boyfriend. Plus, I figured making her a dancer was a great catalyst for Brian's developing feelings. It was through dancing with each other that Brian and Leslie really started feeling chemistry. So yeah!

Thank you for the lovely question my dear!  ;D
~Superbad

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

How long did it take you to find the perfect lyrics to go with every chapter or did you have the lyrics in mind and then wrote a chapter around them?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion

Thanks for the question Mare! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I've been super sick, and now I just have the most annoying nagging cough in the world, but I'm alive!

It doesn't take me long to find lyrics for each chapter. I listen to music constantly, and normally I'm inspired to write by certain songs that come on through shuffle, though sometimes I do have certain songs in mind that just fit the scene I'm trying to work at. It's mainly random lol. Definitely puts me in the right mindset to write emotional scenes and whatnot.

:)
~Superbad

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. *sends you some chicken soup with Nick in an apron* lol

At any point while you've been writing this story, have you changed your mind about where you'd like it to go?

Do you see yourself writing a sequel when this one is over with? And how much more of the story is there to be written?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion

lol I wouldn't be able to concentrate on eating the soup if Nick brought it to me in an apron, but BONUS! Thanks Mare :) :)

I have definitely changed my mind on where I want it to go. Just with the ending mainly. I've had a couple endings in my head and I just wasn't sure which one I wanted. I've noticed with all the stories I've ever written, I've had a hard time with endings, but I know where I want this one to go, it's just getting the motivation to write it is all lol. I've been working on the next chapter, so hopefully I'll crank more out soon.

I don't have any plans for a sequel once this one is over and I think it'll be better that way. Plus, this plot is so intense on an emotional level that I wouldn't even know where to go with another story with the same characters. And I'm almost done with the story! I'm nearing the end, slowly but surely. Maybe 6 or so more chapters. I'm excited! It's always a great feeling when you finish a piece of work. Very satisfying :)

Thanks for all your great questions Oprah Mare!
~Superbad

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Can't go wrong with Nick in an apron. I think that motto needs to be printed on tee-shirts. lol

Another question for you as your month winds down. If there was only one scene in your entire story that you could produce on a stage, which one would you pick and why?

I lied, I actually have two questions for you lol

Was there any point in this story that actually drove you to tears as you were writing it?

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion

Thanks for all your questions Mare! I appreciate it :)

The scene I'd want to see produced on stage would probably have to be the end scene in the Chapter 'Our Story Stops Here Sweetheart' where Brian goes to Leslie and tells her that they can't be together, but won't tell her why. It's the first emotional scene I wrote for the story and for me, it's the most memorable, because it truly starts Brian and Leslie on their heartbreak rollercoaster.

And honestly, I have never been driven to tears while writing any of the chapters. Sure, I get in a state of mind to write something super sad, but I've never teared up, so when I see that my readers cry during certain scenes, it's really flattering cause I didn't know it would generate that big of a reaction. Makes me feel like I'm doing a good job and that I'm accomplishing what I want to accomplish, which is for my readers to connect to the characters.

~Superbad

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

No problem Dani. I hope you've enjoyed your month. If anyone else has any questions for Dani or comments, now would be the time!

:)
Pages: 1 [2]