Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm the newbie  (Read 6368 times)

btvsjunkie

• Fluffy Bunny
I'm the newbie
« on: February 11, 2007, 02:22:38 AM »

Hi!  Although I'm not so new to the site I'm new to the board.  I feel kinda guilty for never posting a review too, all the stories I've read so far are amazing though.  You all seem to capture the boys characters so well.  I love the suspense category and usually will stay up until 3 or 4 am to read them.  I used to write, but I just can't seem to finish a story.  I run out of ideas or think the idea itself is dumb.  I'm really excited to be a member of this board and hope to maybe get my muse back.  Thanks for the entertainment! ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 02:30:51 AM by btvsjunkie »

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
Re: I'm the newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 02:39:34 PM »

Hi! Welcome to the board!! I hope you do find your muse back.. maybe it has hidden itself somewhere around here?? ;D
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 03:00:50 PM »

Yes hello!

Sorry I didn't come in and say that sooner. :)

Is it possible a big invisible giant bunny stole your muse? Because that is what happened to mine!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 10:10:55 PM »

Welcome to the board. :)

A giant, invisible bunny? Do I even want to know, Mare? ???
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 10:27:59 PM »

Welcome to the board. :)

A giant, invisible bunny? Do I even want to know, Mare? ???

Shhhh he's probably reading this right now!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 12:22:07 AM »

Shhhh he's probably reading this right now!

Does that mean you can't talk about it?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

IwantAJ

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 02:41:39 AM »

Don't worry I feel guilty too...I read and don't always leave reviews...my cousin is also a member and she is always feeling like her writing is not good enough cause she doesn't get enough reviews...she says it's like a ring in here if you don't know each other no one reads your stories...I tell her to just make friends in here...LOL although she did say that everyone on the board is really nice and feel the same way about reviews...not sure why we don't review...usual ly it's so late my mind is blank for writing to someone...but a lot of the stories are really good. romance is my favorite...wel l oh yeah I'm new to this and the actual site...so HELLLLLLLLO  :o ;D :D :) ;) 8)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 05:47:57 AM »

Don't worry I feel guilty too...I read and don't always leave reviews...my cousin is also a member and she is always feeling like her writing is not good enough cause she doesn't get enough reviews...she says it's like a ring in here if you don't know each other no one reads your stories...I tell her to just make friends in here...LOL although she did say that everyone on the board is really nice and feel the same way about reviews...not sure why we don't review...usual ly it's so late my mind is blank for writing to someone...but a lot of the stories are really good. romance is my favorite...wel l oh yeah I'm new to this and the actual site...so HELLLLLLLLO  :o ;D :D :) ;) 8)

Welcome to the board :) as far as reviews, i'm not sure it's a ring exactly. I just think either you are the type of person who leaves reviews or you're not. lol Whatever the case, I hope lack of reviews doesn't hinder your cousin from posting her stuff.

very nice avy by the way lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 03:25:36 PM »

Welcome to the board :) as far as reviews, i'm not sure it's a ring exactly. I just think either you are the type of person who leaves reviews or you're not. lol Whatever the case, I hope lack of reviews doesn't hinder your cousin from posting her stuff.

It might depend.... Most of the people who actually review my writing are my friends, and I conned them into it. :-[

And most of the stuff I review is friends' writing, but really because I don't have much time to read anymore....

So it's not like a ring or anything... It just might end up happening that way.
~*Dee*~

IwantAJ

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 10:35:15 PM »

Welcome to the board  as far as reviews, i'm not sure it's a ring exactly. I just think either you are the type of person who leaves reviews or you're not. lol Whatever the case, I hope lack of reviews doesn't hinder your cousin from posting her stuff.

Giirl I hope not...although she is really excited about the site and the few reviews that she has gotten. She was right about you girls being nice and friendly though...Wait a minute are you the author of "All I wanted was some cough medicine...som ething like that...right.. .sorry if it's wrong...but oh my god it's hilarious yet intreging...I really enjoyed it and read through it all. But it was on another website. Though! Good job Mare!

Where is everyone from?

Oh thanks I borrowed it  ;)...LOL

It might depend.... Most of the people who actually review my writing are my friends, and I conned them into it.

And most of the stuff I review is friends' writing, but really because I don't have much time to read anymore....

So it's not like a ring or anything... It just might end up happening that way.

Hey there thanks for responding...Y eah I guess your right...it just depends on people...some only have time to sceam (However you spell that) through stories and don't get a chance to review. That is funny that you conned your friends into it...I will have to check out one of your stories...as for me I don't write really don't have that great of an imagination. I give all you girls lots of props with all these ideas of yours...I've scanned some of the stories on Absolute and they are really dope! and I was bad and didn't leave reviews, Well chat later, gotta finish reading...peac e out!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 02:22:20 AM »

I think I agree more with Mare. Either you are the type or you're not. Although having friends on here never hurt anyone's review numbers I'm sure. But I tend to leave a review on almost everything I read. Which unfortunately is not enough, but considering I didn't know a single person on here when I started posting stuff, all of my reviews have been from people who aren't my friends. I have a feeling though that more people are reading your stories than you think, no matter who you are because a lot more people don't leave reviews than do. Just look at the number of people who have added your stories to their favorites list and I'm sure it's probably higher than the number of reviews you get every time you update.

we should do a study... -lol  Although I don't know how you would find out because the people who aren't leaving reviews probably wouldn't take the time to fill out any questions on the subject.

Anywho, welcome to the board! Always exciting to see new faces. I'm sure people around here get tired of hearing from like the same seven or eight of us that talk way too much...
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 02:59:20 AM »

Oh yeah, welcome to the board also! I forgot to say that before..... :-[

And I soooo do not talk to much, Kelly. :P

Well... My stories are not very well liked... So yes, yes, I con my friends into reading them. And the qord you're looking for is "skim" I think... :)
~*Dee*~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 12:27:01 PM »

Well... My stories are not very well liked... So yes, yes, I con my friends into reading them. And the qord you're looking for is "skim" I think... :)

Aww Dee... I wouldn't say that your stories aren't well liked! I think that just a lot of people don't give them the chance because it requres too much of their brain power. You know how some readers are. If you don't give them EVERYTHING its too complicated.

Welcome to the board hun! I know sometimes leaving reviews is hard cuz you don't know what to say, but even if you pop up and say great story it just lets the author know that you're reading. As far as "review rings" I'll agree that the more people you know the more likely they'll leave reviews, but by all means I wouldn't say anyone is cliquey. Some group of authors get along better than others, but everyone is pretty open here. If someone leaves me feedback I try to read their stuff and leave them feedback too and I hope that other authors will do the same. It takes paitence cuz everyone lives VERY busy lives.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 11:00:06 PM »

You know what else I was thinking about as far as the ring theory lol I know for me at the moment, the only story i'm reading happens to be Mersey's new one and yes she also happens to be one of my best friends lol The thing is though, even if I didn't know her, i'd be reading that one because that story just appeals to me.

I can tell you that all of the good fanfic writing friends I have made have all come as a result of leaving them detailed feedback not on chaos but via emails. We all got to talking through those emails and as a result became great friends.

When I really like a story and get into them and I just haven't had time to be Mare the reader really, I usually also send emails.

I know that seems like a PSA for leaving reviews lol but seriously that's how I got to know everyone.

:)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 12:19:26 PM »

You know what else I was thinking about as far as the ring theory lol I know for me at the moment, the only story i'm reading happens to be Mersey's new one and yes she also happens to be one of my best friends lol The thing is though, even if I didn't know her, i'd be reading that one because that story just appeals to me.

I can tell you that all of the good fanfic writing friends I have made have all come as a result of leaving them detailed feedback not on chaos but via emails. We all got to talking through those emails and as a result became great friends.

When I really like a story and get into them and I just haven't had time to be Mare the reader really, I usually also send emails.

I know that seems like a PSA for leaving reviews lol but seriously that's how I got to know everyone.

:)

You know, Mare, that is so true.  I have a lot of online friends that I've met through fanfic, and I think I met all of them either because I had read their stories and sent them feedback, or vice versa.  So while it's true that I read and review my friends' stories, and they read and review mine, it's honestly because we've liked each other's stories all along.  Most of them were favorite authors or appreciated readers of mine before I knew them as friends.

Most of my feedback-giving and receiving is also done off of AC, cause I post my stuff on my site first, and most of the stories I read are posted somewhere off AC first too, so I don't give as many reviews on AC just because I'm usually not on there reading.  I know there are tons of great stories there that I haven't read on a different site; I just don't usually have time to explore and do much reading anymore. :(   I do review what I read though.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: [1] 2