Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: High School sports???  (Read 3351 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
High School sports???
« on: January 10, 2009, 02:40:43 PM »

Hey does anyone know much about the timing of high school sports? Specifically, I'm wondering about basketball. It's a winter sport, right? Does anyone know When the season starts? Or when teams would begin practicing? And when does it end? Or when would like regionals and whatnot start if your team were to make it that far?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: High School sports???
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 02:58:43 PM »

Basketball is a Winter sport. Games start in December, so I imagine practice starts October/November. Finals are in February/March.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 03:31:06 PM »

The best place to go to be sure for the area you're in (or writing about) would be to check a high school's website... most of them have a link to the basketball schedules.  I checked around here and found the same basic schedule Dee said - they started practice at the beginning of November, first game was a tournament over Thanksgiving weekend, started having regular games in December, their last regular game is at the end of February, and the finals are in March.

This website is pretty cool for looking up different schools' sports: http://www.highschoolsports.net
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 08:39:52 PM »

merci, ladies!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.