Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Poll

When you post stories do you....

Sit on the chapter for a while before you post it and edit it a thousand times until it's just perfect
- 3 (21.4%)
Finish the entire story before you start posting it
- 0 (0%)
Post it up without editing it
- 1 (7.1%)
Post it as soon as you are done writing and editing it
- 10 (71.4%)
Designate a posting day (post every Monday etc..) Even of you have a lot of chapters done or even the entire story completed
- 0 (0%)
other
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Posting Stories  (Read 5738 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Posting Stories
« on: February 17, 2007, 10:22:48 AM »

Hey there!

Just thought i'd start another topic for everyone to dicsuss lol

I was just curious about everyone's posting patterns so even though it's a poll, i'd also love for you guys to explain why you picked what you picked.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Posting Stories
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 12:02:37 PM »

I like to post chapters soon after they're finished.  Not RIGHT away, but within a couple of days, once I've had a chance to let someone else read it and get their opinion, as well as skim it over myself.  I'm too impatient to wait any longer than that.  I like to get feedback on it while it's still fresh and exciting to me, and I find that I'm more motivated to write the next chapter if the one before it is already posted.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 03:56:59 PM »

I post as I write, unless it's old... Then I attempt to set a day and stick to that. :)

As soon as I'm happy with where the chapter's at, up it goes. :) Because I'm too curious to see how everyonw feels. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 05:23:40 PM »

Post as soon as I'm finished and done editing. Usually my friend Lucky kind of looks over it for me. But yeah, I don't wait much longer than that. Too impatient
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 06:24:16 PM »

I could never pick a day and stick to it... I'm way to chaotic for that. I guess I usually write and then after I've had the chance to read it over a couple of times then I post it.   
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 08:03:53 PM »

I voted for posting as soon as you're done writing and editing. I used to have posting days when I found myself posting regularly and chances are in the summer I will go back to that lol but for me I usually finish it and then give it a day to edit and reread before posting it up.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 11:18:06 PM »

I post as soon as I edit it. I'm very impatient, so the moment I finish I'm itching for feedback on it. Usually as I go along 'm havin friens beta read the critical parts anyway.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 12:14:55 AM »

My posting ways kinda vary. Sometimes I'm just posting up stories that are already finished & elsewhere. Sometimes, I'm writing & posting as I go. And other times, I write a chapter, then let it sit for a while [usually, I forget about it or am trying to get another written] & then post it. Or, I write a chapter & don't post it until I've one or two after it finished or at least started. All kinda depends on what mood I'm in really. And sadly, right now, unless the fic is already finished, I'm not really in the mood to update anything. Sorry y'all! You may hafta wait a while longer for Elliot's Girl & Little Sister.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 02:07:47 AM »

totally random, but every time I see your sig Lenni, I think... "Is that a promise Mr. Littrell?" I'd mess with you Lenni just so that Brian would mess with me! mmm mmm mmm. sorry now I'm having impure thoughts again. Thanks a lot Lenni!   ;)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 04:35:56 PM »

I post when I'm done editing and writing the chapter. With AIL I was already done with the story once I started posting and posted so quickly. SWIB is more like what I do now.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 01:52:57 PM »

totally random, but every time I see your sig Lenni, I think... "Is that a promise Mr. Littrell?" I'd mess with you Lenni just so that Brian would mess with me! mmm mmm mmm. sorry now I'm having impure thoughts again. Thanks a lot Lenni!   ;)

Roflmao!!!!! I always figured the "messing with Brian" bit would be him telling you off - though, he DOES look extremely hot when he's ticked. Lol.

Oye, impure thoughts.....o ooh! Thank-you! Now I'm thinking them too!!!! Whoot!!! Lol.

And yes, it is a promise [I wish-lol].

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 07:13:22 PM »

hehe lenni! I do love your siggy, it's very brian, and he looks gorgeous as usual!
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 09:38:57 PM »

The second the chapter is finished I post it, otherwise I'll forget (kind of like how I forget to write) and it'll never see the light of day. Of course, then after I've posted it and read it on AC I end up editing it a thousand times.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »

The second the chapter is finished I post it, otherwise I'll forget (kind of like how I forget to write) and it'll never see the light of day. Of course, then after I've posted it and read it on AC I end up editing it a thousand times.

I have a really bad habit of that too lol. And now with 00Carter lol once Julie posted the first epi I read through it and had the urge to add on, knowing I couldn't lol. It did me some good cause I know once its up...its done. And it keeps me from tweaking it 743897584320 times lol :D
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 11:42:50 AM »

I have a bad habit of posting the first chapter of a story when it comes to my head... then I'll be okay for the next couple of chapters... then I get stuck! Grrrr...

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.