Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The May Challenge  (Read 10397 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
The May Challenge
« on: May 02, 2009, 09:33:19 AM »

Fanfic Origins...

Yes, i'm copying the X-Men, why not?

Pick one of your own fanfics and create a short story about one of the characters before they ended up in the fic you picked. It could be a prequel to the story or something completely different. Just giving us some kind of a history to explain how your character ended up the way they did.

This one can be any length and even more than one chapter if you'd like. I'm being generous lol Enjoy it because it probably won't happen again.  ???

Of course if you REALLY want to challenge yourself, set some kind of limitation on what you plan on writing or pick a character that you feel the most distant from.

Enjoy and happy writing!

;D ??? <-- lol I like him, I shall call him Wilbur!

I forgot to mention no banners. Stupid me! lol

--------------------------

Mersey's story: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9725&chapter=1

Mare's story: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9728&chapter=1

Rose's story: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9733

Jellicle's story: http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9734
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 06:29:11 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: The May Challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 10:19:17 AM »

Sounds fun!  I might do this one, too.  What, 2 challenges in a row?!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 01:37:11 PM »

^ hey that's awesome as long as you're not the token "Cool, sounds like a great idea, I might do this one." Person who always comes in and says that and never is heard from again. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 04:49:57 PM »

This is something I could actually do too!  I actually have a couple of ideas for this one!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 07:27:02 PM »

^ hey that's awesome as long as you're not the token "Cool, sounds like a great idea, I might do this one." Person who always comes in and says that and never is heard from again. lol

LOL and I was totally that last month. I suck.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 11:26:07 PM »

Hey, I did last month's, didn't I? LOL  I usually don't make any claims about doing them because usually I know I won't LOL; I'm not a big challenge person.  But I already have an idea for this one, so I will do it if I have time.  I have a feeling the "if I have time" thing is gonna be big this month.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 04:19:42 AM »

I tried to do last month's but it didn't come out very good at all, I just couldn't do it.  So I'll have a go this time :)

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 06:49:24 AM »

I love Wolverine (ok Gambit, heh)! Also, this is a good prompt, I should do it. and hello Wilbur! Is he British? lol

Fanfic Origins...

Yes, i'm copying the X-Men, why not?

Pick one of your own fanfics and create a short story about one of the characters before they ended up in the fic you picked. It could be a prequel to the story or something completely different. Just giving us some kind of a history to explain how your character ended up the way they did.

This one can be any length and even more than one chapter if you'd like. I'm being generous lol Enjoy it because it probably won't happen again.  ???

Of course if you REALLY want to challenge yourself, set some kind of limitation on what you plan on writing or pick a character that you feel the most distant from.

Enjoy and happy writing!

;D ??? <-- lol I like him, I shall call him Wilbur!
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »

Is Gambit the one that's played by Taylor Kitsch?  If so, yes!!  I'd see the movie for him LOL.
~Julie

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 10:25:47 AM »

Is Gambit the one that's played by Taylor Kitsch?  If so, yes!!  I'd see the movie for him LOL.

not trying to get off topic here but YES, the taylor dude :D my friends and I even refer to the movie as 'Gambit' instead of Wolverine. haha...

ok back on topic ppl!  ;D
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 02:14:31 PM »

Sure, you don't come in here for years and when you do, you make my challenge thread go off topic, nice! LMAO

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 06:29:25 PM »

not trying to get off topic here but YES, the taylor dude :D my friends and I even refer to the movie as 'Gambit' instead of Wolverine. haha...

ok back on topic ppl!  ;D

Otherwise known as Tim Riggins... :)  Do they show Friday Night Lights the show over there?  Or have you watched it online?  If not, you should... he is so hot on that show, and it's a fantastic show!  No understanding of football required. :)

So yeah... topic!  Um, I do have an idea for this challenge that I definitely want to write; I just haven't had time and/or energy.  Seems when I have energy, I have no time, and when I have time, I have no energy.  Such is life LOL.
~Julie

Sinara

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Unbreakable bonds form in innocence of childhood.
    • Set It Off
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 02:34:21 AM »

Ouch, Mare. I'm hurt. I know I disappeared for several months, but did you have to announce it to the world?

P.S. Oh how I missed you guys!
- Katie -

Live passionately.. . and hold fast to your dreams. Live life with no regrets.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 04:44:33 PM »

Wow this challenge is brining back all the people who have been MIA forever! Welcome back Katie lol

Sinara

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Unbreakable bonds form in innocence of childhood.
    • Set It Off
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 06:25:36 PM »

Awww, thanks, Mare. You know I could never stay away permanently. I missed you guys too much!
- Katie -

Live passionately.. . and hold fast to your dreams. Live life with no regrets.
Pages: [1] 2 3