Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Filiklepto's Updates: let's take a detour to Smut City  (Read 11232 times)

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
Filiklepto's Updates: let's take a detour to Smut City
« on: June 29, 2009, 07:26:49 PM »

Hey, everyone!  This is Chrissy, aka Filiklepto.

So now that I'm going to try to be better about updating, I figured that I better start an update thread!  I'm sure the astute readers out there have noticed that 2/3 of my in-progress fic titles begin with the word "On" (I am so bad at titling my stories  :D)  Here's a little bit of info about my two stories, why you should read them, and news on when they update.

Even if the sky is falling down... rated NC-17 http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11196&warning=5
What it is: first person chick lit, very smutty, about trying to maintain a FWB relationship with (you guess it) Nick.
Why you should read it: Because chick lit can be a very entertaining distraction, and because I figured that if I'm going to write love scenes, that I'm going to go all the way and write lots and lots of them. So I'm going NC-17 with this one. If that sounds appealing to you, by all means, check it out.
Last updated:: November 23, 2013
Next update: planned for around the first week of December.

On Nightingale Hill rated R http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8279
What it is: A fantasy adventure starring an amnesiac Nick and the mysterious child he encounters when transported to a strange land following a car accident.
Why you should read it: A lot of fans have told me that they enjoy ONH because even though it's a fantasy story, Nick is still very much Nick--just in a weird setting.  I've especially gotten a positive response from readers who don't usually enjoy the fantasy genre, so if you're new to or unsure about fantasy, then this may be the fic for you.  :)
Last updated: January 3, 2013
Next update: by January 13th.

On the Rails rated PG-13 http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9453
What it is: A historical fic set in the Great Depression.  Nick Carter is a traveling musician and train stowaway who crosses the country on the catwalks of railroad cars.  He's joined by a girl thrown out of her home who, in order to be Nick's traveling companion, must pretend to be a mute boy.  The closer the two grow as friends, the more they realize that they're keeping secrets from each other.
Why you should read it: I've been writing OTR for a long time and really feel that there is a lot of rich storytelling going on here.  Unlike my other fic "On Nightingale Hill," Nick is AU in this story but he's still as charming as ever.  The other Backstreet Boys also make brief cameos.
Last updated: January 24, 2011
Next update: Now that I've wrapped up the Chicago arc in OTR, I'm going to be focusing on ONH for a while.  No updates planned for the time being.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:42:46 PM by Chrissy »
my muse is such a lush

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Filiklepto's Updates: On the Rails / On Nightingale Hill
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 07:28:13 PM »

Reserved
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:08:43 AM by hachi08 »
my muse is such a lush

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Filiklepto's Updates: On Nightingale Hill & On the Rails
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »

Hey, glad to see you back!  And once again, I'm sooo glad you were able to recover On Nightingale Hill so you could keep updating it!  Patiently awaiting the next chapter of that one. :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 12:19:59 AM »

Haha, I pretty much wept tears of joy when the BF said he recovered those file for me.  That hard drive was so corrupted, I don't know how he ever wrestled the story from its jaws!  I lost a few other things, but ONH was the only thing I regretted not backing up to my external HD.

I'll try to get the next chapter of ONH out as soon as I get this current story arc for On the Rails out of my head and onto my computer screen!
my muse is such a lush

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 03:01:24 PM »

In case anyone missed it, chapter nine for On The Rails is now up.  I'm currently plowing through chapter ten, so hopefully we should see another update within the next week.  I've got the entire next part outlined so it's just a matter of writing all of it :D

As for On Nightingale Hill, I've been thinking about this one too.  I kind of have an idea of where it's going to go next, so once chapter ten is out for OTR I'll get back to writing ONH.
my muse is such a lush

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »

Happy New Year!  This year, I’ve resolved to actually update now that I’ve graduated from uni (yay~) and have time to write something other than my twenty-page thesis.  My goal is to post bi-weekly, whether it’s an update for "On the Rails" or for "On Nightingale Hill."

Chapter ten for OTR is posted, and I already have half of chapter eleven written so hopefully I can get that out soon.  I know I am a horrible updater, but I'm going to try really hard this year!  Feel free to harass me on twitter about updating @hachi08  ;D

Edit:  BTW, I just looked at the results for the 2010 Felix Awards, and I want to thank everyone who voted for On Nightingale Hill for best fantasy.  I'm really shocked (and happy) to get the runner up award as it's been so long since I last updated.  Thanks, guys~
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:09:42 PM by hachi08 »
my muse is such a lush

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 04:17:15 PM »

Well done on graduating!  Looking forward to more updates on both stories :)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 05:11:20 PM »

I was super excited to see an On The Rails update when I opened AC! :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 05:34:29 PM »

Glad to see you on here!  Congrats on graduation and on your Felix award!  I was happy to see it win runner-up too.  Glad to hear you're planning on updating! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 05:36:47 PM »

holy crap! YAY!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 06:29:42 PM »

Thanks, everyone for the warm welcome back!  If Nick is cooperative, I'll have chapter 11 posted by tonight.    :-*
my muse is such a lush

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 06:54:25 PM »

OMG I am so glad you posted in here. I completely forgot you updated! I'm going to catch up on all my reading on the weekend so hopefully i'll have two more chapters to read? LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 07:31:28 PM »

Chapter 11 is up now, and chapter 12 is about a third written.  So maybe I'll have another chapter for you by this weekend?  There's a lot of craziness in store for the next update.  I'm pretty sure it'll top 3K words  :)
my muse is such a lush

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 07:34:01 PM »

Excellent! Well, i'm looking forward to reading it. Glad to see you're on a writing roll!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 06:57:10 AM »

I agree, good to see you on a writing roll!  Loved the new chapter and hope you'll also get an update done for On Nightingale Hill soon :)
Pages: [1] 2