Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Featured story for the month of July 2009 - Unexpected Love by AJsKellyMouse  (Read 3675 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Happy July everyone!

I decided on Unexpected Love for the month of July since I know Kelly is a busy teacher throughout the school year. I'm not sure how much she even comes onto the forum so truthfully, I'm not really expecting a lot of author participation but hopefully someone can let her know we are disucssing her story this month.

The second AJ centered story in a row. See? Who says everyone just writes about Nick? lol

Don't forget to come in and leave your comments and questions for Kelly and i'm sure if and when she does make it over here, she'll be glad to answer them for you.

Enjoy!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8866&warning=4
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary

Aw, I hope she comes back to see this!  Congrats Kelly!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sinara

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Unbreakable bonds form in innocence of childhood.
    • Set It Off

Congratulation s Kelly! =)
- Katie -

Live passionately.. . and hold fast to your dreams. Live life with no regrets.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion

Congrats on being featured!

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem

OMG *squee*  This is exciting!!!!  Thanks for picking me!!!!  I was just informed that my story was chosen, so I had to come in here.  I'm on summer break now, so I should really be in here more, but I've had a busy summer.  Things are quiet now, though, so I'll be in more often.

Anways, I'm so super excited!!!  I'm here to answer questions and see your thoughts and all that.  ;D
~Kelly~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

oh good! I'm glad you found out about this Kelly. I was afriad we'd have a very quiet month.

Now, i'll post the survey. I wanted to wait to see if you were going to show up first lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem

Congrats Kelly!! ;D

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
I write some of this from personal experience.  Obviously its not the whole meeting AJ and falling in love and bla bla bla-but a girl can wish!  I had a Dane in my life.  He wasn't a boyfriend, and it no longer happens, but some of the stuff Katie went through with Dane are things that I went through.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
I'm still writing it.  It's a re-write, so the story line is basically all done, though I have been changing things as I re-write.  I've been doing this one for a while now though.  I originally wrote it a few years back, and I've started re-writing it like a year and a half ago.  I've not updated in a while, but I'm hoping to have updates soon now though, since I'm all featured and whatnot! *squee*

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Okay, here goes...
Katie was in an abusive relationship with Dane, and she just couldn't seem to get herself out of it.  In an attempt to save her best friend's life, Beth called in some favors and introduced Katie and AJ, hoping that a new love would spark.  When that new love sparks, and Katie thinks she finally free from Dane, her world comes crashing down around her.  Will her relationship with AJ hold strong, or will Dane ultimately win?

I know, cheesy summary, I hate writing summaries, and I don't want to give away all the surprises!

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
I would say me and AJ, but that's completely ridiculous, since I can't actof ro crap, and I'd be too busy drooling to actually get anything done lol  So...umm...I don't know, I'll have to think abotu that one and get back to you.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
I've never really given up on the story.  I'd stopped writing for a while, and I've thought about starting something else that I've had going, but I'm attached to this story and I know I need to finish something before I start something else.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
When I originally began writing this one, I think I just kinda made it up as I went along.  At this point though, as I'm re-writing, I have a general story line, and while I move away from the original at some points, I basically have that outline there.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
Probably AJ, I find him quite fun to write.  I like to get into his head...even if it can be a scary place.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
Without a doubt Katie.  I love her, but it was harder getting into her head during a lot of the Dane moments...I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with all of those sections because I had such a hard time getting into that mindset without freaking mylsef out.  It was harder than I'd though it would be when I first re-wrote those chapters.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
They are all in there, and I even give this disclaimer in one of my author's notes that I know they don't all live in the same city, but for mypurposes they did.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
I'll have to get back on this one as well, it's been a while since I've read anything, I have to go back and check out some things before I could answer this one truthfully.
~Kelly~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

YAY KELLY! I hope this resurrects you from the dead! I miss you! Congrats hun!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Okay, trying to think of questions Kelly. lol

I'll start with my generic ones first. What made you decide to use AJ as your lead male? And do you share any traits with your lead female character?

What chapter has been your favorite one to write so far?

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem

Thanks Kelly!!!

And for Mare's questions...I used AJ because he's my favorite-always has been.  I found it easiest to get into his head and write.  I have a Howie story going-ish-I was having a harder time getting into his head.  So yeah, to sum up the confusing-I find it easier to get into AJ's head for some reason.

I think there is some of me in the lead female-Katie.  I think I more see her like I would WANT to be-if I got over my issues-than how I actually am.

I'm not sure about my favorite chapter.  I think it will actually be one of the chapters in the future.  It's not been re-written yet, but I know what's going to happen and I think it will be fun.
~Kelly~

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium

Congrats on being featured, Kelly :) I have a couple questions for you.  You said this is a rewrite.  What inspired you to decide to re-write this?  And what inspired you to write this the first time you wrote it? 
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

And to add on to Stephanie's question, did you make any major changes during your rewrite and if you could go back and make any changes that you haven't as of yet, would you?

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem

Sorry everyone!  I've had internet issues.  I kept getting kicked offline, but I think I fixed it :)

To answer the newest questions-I decided to re-write UL because I really liked this story.  I found it on an old disc I had of some of my work, and I was re-reading it and I couldn't help but thinking "Holy crap woman, could you put a little more cheese into this?  Could you make yourself sound any more...dorky?  So I re-wrote.  I loved the story line, and things in the story were a bit of an outlet for me.  So that's kinda what inspired me to write it in the first place.  I was looking for a way to work some things out in my life, and I'm not much of a journal-er, so this is what it came out as.

As for making changes...ther e have definitel been changes.  A few of the characters names have been changed-I don't want to give anything away with that one, but I do have to thank Krystal for helping me choose the new names for them.  A few different scenes have been added in to explain things better and to change the timing of things.  I felt like I was rushing through things in the first version.  Nothing so major that the storyline was changed at all though.
~Kelly~
Pages: [1] 2