Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Feature: AC Awards  (Read 6967 times)

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
Re: New Feature: AC Awards
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 07:34:56 PM »

Well...mainly because I'm lazy and bad at keeping track of such things like the current date ;). once you complete a Mare's Challenge you keep the award. Although I wouldn't rule out in the future possibly making a new one each year.

There will, indeed, be a Felix award (and I'll retro-act that and make a Felix 2008 one as well...)

I'll have to think on the Tens awards...there's nothing to really "alert" me when one of those changes and I'm not observant enough to go back and check and remember that there's someone new on there. lol. (Though the "Top Reviewer" would be *really* cool...if only there were a way to reset that every month or so. Hm. Will have to see if I can figure something out for that...)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 09:42:10 PM »

Yeah, I kinda answered my own question about the monthly challenge when I saw that I already had one LOL.  Works for me!

Good point about The Tens thing, since it can change.  I was gonna say if you wanna do a top reviewer award, maybe just have an award you can put up for hitting a certain number of reviews... but even then, how would you know when someone had hit that?  I guess you could just start a thread for people to "apply" for the award and let you know that they've earned it LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 01:09:21 PM »

This is such a fun idea...I like everyone's suggestions too.  It would be great to have awards for being featured story, featured member, felix awards, 10s, etc...great great!

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 05:59:17 PM »

Wow, that is a really fun idea!  :o  I think it might even motivate me to be more active on the boards here, hehe
my muse is such a lush

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »

hmm. How am I ever supposed to keep it all straight? All that stuff on the side feels a little like having banners at the bottom to me. (Random clutter that distracts me from the actual post.) I think it's a very cute idea to recognize the people who are active on the boards and/or giving out random funny awards, but I don't know how much I like seeing it on every post.

Oh, and HAHA with the binog award. Way to make fun of me and my disabilities.  :P

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: 1 [2]