Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: It's that time of year again  (Read 2942 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
It's that time of year again
« on: July 14, 2009, 09:59:31 PM »

I still have plenty of featured stories lined up (At least until February) but every once in a while I like to start a thread like this to make sure I am not forgetting anyone.

So, if you want to recommend a story to be featured (whether it is yours or someone else's) please mention it in this thread AFTER reading the rules. It will drive me crazy if you mention a story or author that has already had a chance. Take a minute and look at the list of stories already discussed (which is the first thread on this board,) and then read my little guidelines. If after doing that, you feel like a story should be mentioned, feel free to mention it.

My guidelines

~ The author cannot have already been discussed. (This unfortunately applies to people who co-write. Meaning if your co-writer has had a turn, your story can't. Sorry, but it's not fair if you get two chances just because you write with someone else. In time, this rule will change but I want to make sure everyone gets a chance before we hand out seconds.

~ The story should have at least 10 - 15 chapters complete. It's really hard to discuss a story that's only 5 chapters long and nowhere near completion.

~ The author should be an active member of AC and preferrably the forum. They don't need to be on the forum but it kind of takes all the fun out of it when they aren't around to discuss their work.

~ The story needs to be posted on AC and has to be edited. If it's a mess and hard to read, i'm not going to feature it. Also if it's not following our rules (Which means a banner the size of Texas) I won't feature it.

Thanks guys! And recommend away! :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:01:17 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
Re: It's that time of year again
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 05:09:27 AM »

Hey there Mare...I'm imagining that the story I'm going to mention, is somewhere on your list already. But just in case...

On Nightingale Hill by Filiklepto

I really love this story, like I've mentioned before I love Christine's attention to detail, and the way she can pull you into her stories, even when you think it might not be your cup of tea. I think that On Nightingale Hill is great and deserves a month. LOL!  ;D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 07:28:20 AM »

Aww yes and no to that one. Author yes but different story. We'll see though. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:10:18 PM »

I would agree with On Nightingale Hill, but I know she's working on On the Rails too.

I'm trying to think... it seems like all my favorite AC stories and/or authors have already had a month...
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 01:10:13 PM »

I know, it's getting harder to find new people. I'm hoping some of them might speak up in here. lol Because I'm sure i'm missing stories or authors. In most cases I have the author in mind but not sure which story to use. (After February lol)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »

I'm going to suggest Kentuckychickr k. She is a wonderful author! My favorite story of hers, of those I've read, is definitely Someone's Miracle. Excellent story!! I'd love to see it, or at least her, featured.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 09:36:36 PM »

^ Yes, I agree with that too, if she's not already on your list.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 10:18:15 PM »

;)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 01:33:17 AM »

Aww yes and no to that one. Author yes but different story. We'll see though. lol

OH yeah...I just started reading that one too.  :)