Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The story of the moment game....  (Read 11641 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
The story of the moment game....
« on: July 29, 2009, 11:33:21 PM »

Not sure if you'd call this a game. More of a fun 'idea' lol

What you need to do is click on the story of the moment which you will find on the AC main page. Not to be confused with the featured story. Those are two different things. The story of the moment is constantly changing.

Click on the story of the moment and go to the first chapter.

Scroll down until you see the first sign of dialogue and then post that dialogue as you see it. Using the entire paragraph of if it's really long at least the first four quotes from it.  

I'm going to give you an example:

Story of the moment: Her Forgiveness by Mel C

The dialogue:

"Nick?" He didn't speak, he grabbed her and pulled her into a deep kiss. "I'm sorry, baby. Don't go?", he whispered softly. She pulled away, "how can I forgive you? You cheated on me! You know that was the ONE thing I HATED!", she screamed at him. Tears ran down her face, she didn't know how to react. She was angry and at the same time, happy he came back. Nick came over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I love you, or I wouldn't have come back." Her back tensed, He knew she was crying. "If you loved me you would have never left..." Her voice was full of sorrow. He held her tighter.

Okay so the next person that posts needs to repost what I just copied and then add their find on the story of the moment list to this one. (Starting a new paragraph please!)
We're going  to end up making one giant conversation based on all these stories lmao should be entertaining and very Mad libs-ish.

Don't forget to mention the story it's coming from either.

If you happen to get the same story just either refresh for a new one or go down to the next set of quotes etc...

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: The story of the moment game....
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 12:35:58 AM »

"Nick?" He didn't speak, he grabbed her and pulled her into a deep kiss. "I'm sorry, baby. Don't go?", he whispered softly. She pulled away, "how can I forgive you? You cheated on me! You know that was the ONE thing I HATED!", she screamed at him. Tears ran down her face, she didn't know how to react. She was angry and at the same time, happy he came back. Nick came over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I love you, or I wouldn't have come back." Her back tensed, He knew she was crying. "If you loved me you would have never left..." Her voice was full of sorrow. He held her tighter.

“Are you ready for the big day?” David asks her while tapping on her shoulder.

(The last paragraph is from "Lucky" by Backstreetgirl y.)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »

“Store open yet?” she asked.

(last line from The Listener by Jane Eyre)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 02:37:53 PM »

“Thank you. You’ve been a great audience. Have a happy and safe Holiday.” The Backstreet Boys took a final bow before running off stage.

(LOL... last line from "Baby's First Christmas" by Lissa)
~Julie

fracktrain

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 03:04:45 PM »

“Thank you. You’ve been a great audience. Have a happy and safe Holiday.” The Backstreet Boys took a final bow before running off stage.

Nick was once again left alone in the den to think... [last line from Lose it all by dragonstar]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:06:33 PM by fracktrain »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 03:23:30 PM »

Nick was once again left alone in the den to think...

“C’mon Nick…do it, say something!” Nick mumbled to himself.

(Last line from Wish You Were Mine by Gravity 721
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:17:40 PM »

"Hey kid" He moved his hat away from his eyes, now that a man was keeping the glare of the sun off of him. He sat up, leary of returning the greeting. "Hey kid did you hear me?" The man said again now smiling. This made the boy smile. Okay he thought, maybe this guy was nice after all.

(Last Line is from Resurrection by Mare )
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 11:13:21 PM »

"Hey kid" He moved his hat away from his eyes, now that a man was keeping the glare of the sun off of him. He sat up, leary of returning the greeting. "Hey kid did you hear me?" The man said again now smiling. This made the boy smile. Okay he thought, maybe this guy was nice after all.

“Azizam?” (Darling?) My grandmother walked in and called out. I used my left hand, my right one still on my nose, and held it up to say ‘hold on a second’. I was thankful when I finally found a box of napkins, I took one out quickly.

("Slowing Down Time" by A_broklover)
~Julie

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 09:15:38 AM »

“Azizam?” (Darling?) My grandmother walked in and called out. I used my left hand, my right one still on my nose, and held it up to say ‘hold on a second’. I was thankful when I finally found a box of napkins, I took one out quickly.

'Get a grip, Kim. It's only thunder, you'll live.'

(One Stormy Night by CartersBitch)

fracktrain

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 10:04:46 AM »

Nick Carter tossed a plush brown basketball at his friend. After the ball deflected off his head, Brian bent over and picked the ball up and chucked it back at Nick as hard as he could.

[chemistry 101 by jenna]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 04:04:25 PM by fracktrain »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 03:15:19 PM »

Nick Carter tossed a plush brown basketball at his friend. After the ball deflected off his head, Brian bent over and picked the ball up and chucked it back at Nick as hard as he could.

“Babygirl?” I put down my pen and quickly turned around. My eyes lit up and I threw my arms around my cousin.

("Family Ties" by ResaD)
~Julie

fracktrain

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 09:01:38 PM »

“Babygirl?” I put down my pen and quickly turned around. My eyes lit up and I threw my arms around my cousin.

Nick smirked as he slowly slid his hand free of her grasp, “Maybe I’ll…see you later?”

[Avalon Hotel by  FrickFrack32]

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 09:51:09 PM »

Nick smirked as he slowly slid his hand free of her grasp, “Maybe I’ll…see you later?”

“Where the hell is Nick?” I remember asking clear as day when we were just about to leave and head back to the hotel.  [Strange Day at Dance Studio A by Mare]
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

fracktrain

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »

“Where the hell is Nick?” I remember asking clear as day when we were just about to leave and head back to the hotel.

My family and me aren’t exactly normal, sure we like to think we are but truth be told we aren’t. Many people will assume I’m talking about our jobs but no we are all down to earth about that or at least we like to think we are; some would disagree mainly those who don’t know us. [The price of fame by sorcha]

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 09:57:38 PM »

hey fracktrain... Dialog hun. You're supposed to put the first line of dialog. (That's the stuff in quotes " "  ;) )
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: [1] 2