Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Featured story for March 2007 - Love of A Child  (Read 12833 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured story for March 2007 - Love of A Child
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 06:21:56 PM »

Thanks for the answers ladies :) and I agree with you violet, I love reading about how writers come up with their ideas etc...

It's so neat that the two of you have been able to work so well together.

Did that bring you closer together? Or were you already great friends to begin with?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 06:43:37 PM »

Did that bring you closer together? Or were you already great friends to begin with?

I know Anastacia is going to slaughter me for this, but... she became my best friend the moment she first IMed me, to be totally honest. We became very fast friends, and even though it's only been just over a year, it seems she's always been there, you know? /end gushing about Anastacia/

To answer your question, yes it has brought us closer together, at least on my end it has. As she said earlier, it seems we've got the same wavelengths in our brains, and I find myself always thinking the same thoughts she does at certain things. I honestly can't imagine co-writing with someone else and having it come out as well as it does with her, but I think that's mostly attributed to the fact that she is one of the greatest writers on the planet. And no, I'm not biased on that. :-)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 06:51:06 PM »

aww after reading that I just want to give you both a big squishy hug!

nothing is better than knowing after one conversation that you have found a great friend for life. That's how it ws for my other two Ms  :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 11:37:54 PM »

aww after reading that I just want to give you both a big squishy hug!

nothing is better than knowing after one conversation that you have found a great friend for life. That's how it ws for my other two Ms  :)

*hugs you* because i missed you on IM tonight and maria is nowhere to be found, i hope her work didnt kill her first, lol...
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 11:44:51 PM »

thanks for answering the question ladies :D it makes me all gooey inside reading how close you both are because of this. isnt it awesome? :D
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 12:22:03 PM »

I'll be the first one to tell you that if it weren't for Absolute Chaos I wouldn't have met my very bestest best friend! *insert cheesy grin*

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 02:13:53 AM »

I know Anastacia is going to slaughter me for this, but... she became my best friend the moment she first IMed me, to be totally honest. We became very fast friends, and even though it's only been just over a year, it seems she's always been there, you know? /end gushing about Anastacia/

To answer your question, yes it has brought us closer together, at least on my end it has. As she said earlier, it seems we've got the same wavelengths in our brains, and I find myself always thinking the same thoughts she does at certain things. I honestly can't imagine co-writing with someone else and having it come out as well as it does with her, but I think that's mostly attributed to the fact that she is one of the greatest writers on the planet. And no, I'm not biased on that. :-)

*points to the part I bolded*

You're not biased, that or I'm biased too lol. Her writing always has impressed me from the get go, in the short times I wrote with her (now mind you this was years ago, when I was...holy crap like 15/16 and I'm now 20 lol...21 later this year) I used to always feel like she put my writing to shame. *blushes since there's no blushing icon*

Just wanted to add that  ;D

Both of you are talented and its cool to see you guys get the special month moment hehe.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Anastacia

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 12:43:50 PM »

*points to the part I bolded*

You're not biased, that or I'm biased too lol. Her writing always has impressed me from the get go, in the short times I wrote with her (now mind you this was years ago, when I was...holy crap like 15/16 and I'm now 20 lol...21 later this year) I used to always feel like she put my writing to shame. *blushes since there's no blushing icon*

Just wanted to add that  ;D

Both of you are talented and its cool to see you guys get the special month moment hehe.

You guys are both completely horrible and totally biased. I don't think my writing is anywhere near what you two claim...

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 02:02:05 PM »

You guys are both completely horrible and totally biased. I don't think my writing is anywhere near what you two claim...

Oh shush, I am not  :P. You're very talented Ana-banana, accept it aready lol
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 06:12:48 PM »

Ladies since your month is winding down I thought it would be fun to pose this question to each other since you are such good friends :)

So, Shrinking Violet, tell us three things about Anastacia that might surprise us.

and Anastacia tell is three things about Shrinking Violet that might surprise us.

:D

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 09:01:41 PM »

Ladies since your month is winding down I thought it would be fun to pose this question to each other since you are such good friends :)

So, Shrinking Violet, tell us three things about Anastacia that might surprise us.

and Anastacia tell is three things about Shrinking Violet that might surprise us.

Could you have asked me a harder question? *sigh*

I'm going to have to think on this and get back with you, lol

Anastacia

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 09:04:14 PM »

First off, this is not simply my month, this is my year! I have seized it and no one could pry it from my cold, grubby fingers...

Secondly, three things about My Posie that would surprise you... Hmm...

1. She keeps our prized golden dildo in a glass case in the center of her room with a light shining down upon it.

2. Though she is a phenomenal writer, she is very insecure about what she writes. She gets nervous, though she shouldn't.

3. My Lovely dabbles in slash and has pulled me into the genre, though she'll probably skin me alive for drawing out that fact, so, thank you for rooting her against me, Mare!

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 09:08:21 PM »

First off, this is not simply my month, this is my year! I have seized it and no one could pry it from my cold, grubby fingers...

Secondly, three things about My Posie that would surprise you... Hmm...

1. She keeps our prized golden dildo in a glass case in the center of her room with a light shining down upon it.

2. Though she is a phenomenal writer, she is very insecure about what she writes. She gets nervous, though she shouldn't.

3. My Lovely dabbles in slash and has pulled me into the genre, though she'll probably skin me alive for drawing out that fact, so, thank you for rooting her against me, Mare!

What she forgot to add to #1 was that I'm pulling out said dildo when she comes to visit... And she also forgot to add that she loves slash almost as much as I do, and she writes it ten million times better than I ever could.

Anastacia

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 09:11:24 PM »

What she forgot to add to #1 was that I'm pulling out said dildo when she comes to visit... And she also forgot to add that she loves slash almost as much as I do, and she writes it ten million times better than I ever could.

I suppose I should also mention that she will be on the recieving end of said dildo even though I'm supposed to be her closet lover and I don't love slash, I'm intrigued by slash, and I am hardly an adequate writer of such. Besides, SHE'S BEEN DOING IT LONGER! The pervert!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 09:34:53 PM »

AHH ladies my virgin ears!!! lmao  ;)

Pages: 1 [2] 3