Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Felix Award for Best Action Adventure (1)  (Read 4179 times)

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
Felix Award for Best Action Adventure (1)
« on: August 01, 2009, 05:01:53 PM »

Brian: Thank you all for coming out! We've got a long program for you tonight, so we're going to get right to it.

Kevin: After a really long opening presentation?

Nick: Don't you watch these Award thingies? There's always a big opening number! You can't have awards without a long-ass opening number!

Kevin: Language!

*They advance on each other, glaring daggers.*      

Howie: Guys! The award presentation podium is *not* the place to fight about this. You can argue later!

AJ: Oh they will…they will…                        

Brian: So, first up tonight are the nominees for Best Action or Adventure Fic!

Howie: Which Kev and Nick were just demonstrating for you by acting out a fight scene!

Nick and Kevin: Acting…yes…  

Brian: The nominees are:

All I Wanted was some Cough Medicine by Mare,    A Forgotten Nightmare by LenniluvsBrian,  In the Shadowsby Starbeamz and Honey, On the Railsby Filiklepto, 00Carter by the Carter girls and On the Run by Mersey

AJ: And the Felix goes to…

All: …                        

Nick: Hey, Jay? The Suspense Award isn't until later in this program thingie.

AJ: Um…yeah. Guys, we've got a problem.

Kevin: Problem? Come on how hard can it be to read the winner?  

Nick: I hate to agree with Kev, but--  

Kevin: Why do you always have to argue with--  

Howie (steps between them): Just read it. Quick!

AJ: Okay, but you're not going to like it. And the Felix goes to "GottaBeMimi" for "Deviation of Affection"

Brian, Howie, Kevin: …  

Nick: What's the problem?  

AJ, Brian, Howie, Kevin: …

Nick: I don't get it.

AJ: That wasn't one of the nominees, you Doof!

Nick: Huh? Oooooh!  

Howie: So how did it win? These are the judged portions of the awards, right? The stories were all read, commented on, and scored based on a judging rubric.  

Kevin: Right. It was set up in a way to try and prevent any favoritism or ballot-stuffing from occurring.  

Nick: Psssst, Brian. What's a Doof?  

Brian (ignores him): So how did a fic that wasn't even nominated win?

Nick: Because it's just that good?          

Ziva David of NCIS: I must hold a protest!    

Tony DiNozzo of NCIS: I think you just mean you want to protest.    

Ziva: Whatever. I am misinterpreted completely in that…'story'.

Tony: Misrepresented . Oh, I don't know, Ziva. You had a thing for me in it, right?

Ziva: If you value your tongue, you will not continue that plane of thought. I do not under any circumstances imaginable 'blubber' and am not 'boy insane'. And I seriously do not believe that Gibbs would ever 'snivelate'.

Howie: Train of thought, and I think you meant 'boy crazy'. *winks*

Ziva: Is there something wrong with your eye?    

Brian: Excuse me. Not this isn't really exciting, and all, but we're trying to conduct an award ceremony here.

AJ: But Brian…how are we supposed to announce the winners if someone has tampered with the results? They're all like this! Best AU, "Getcha head in the game" by GottaBeMimi. Best Cliffhanger…We can't present these!

Shawn Spencer of Psych: I do believe I can help.  

Detective Carlton Lassiter of Psych *groans*: Spencer…so help me if you're behind this…

Shawn: Don't be a hippo-sillysquater! If I had to guess, which I don't since I've got the whole divination thing going for me and all, I'd say that the  one who did the tampering would be this "GottaBeMimi" individual.

Kevin: So…you're some sort of psychic? Where do we find this GottaBeMimi girl so we can get the correct winner envelopes?  

Shawn: I can only divine one piece of information and right now I'm seeing…*raises his hands, placing a finger on each of his temples*…the Felix for Best Action/Adventure goes to:  

And the runner up:

Tony DiNozzo:  Well, it seems that Starbeamz is running a bit late tonight, and Honey is down in the infirmary being patched up from the opening number mishap, so I'd be happy to accept this award on their behalf.  

Tim McGee of NCIS: Of course you would…    

Tony: First, I'd like to thank--

Ziva: You don't need to make a speech. Just take the award, we'll give it to them when we see them in Interrogation. *she glares out over the audience*.    

Tim (quietly, but a mic still manages to pick him up): Er…Ziva? I don't think anyone will consent to an interrogation. And we really don't have any suspects yet. So. Um. Maybe just some interviews?  

Tony: Ooh! Like Red Carpet interviews. I always loved those. Getting to meet and greet all the stars. Everyone all dressed up and classy…The occasional wardrobe malfunction…

Ziva: Uch. We have a problem with that idea, Tim. I do not believe there is any carpet in here.

Tim: It doesn't have to literally be a Red Carpet. You see there's a tradition for award shows that the nominees and members of the Academy to get interviewed on their way into the theater. So…uh...if you don't mind, we'll be pulling people from seats and conducting some belated interviews on the Red Carpet.

Olivia Benson of L&O SVU: We conducted a few interviews already. We'll supply the tapes and help out with the investigation. (*Elliot hands a piece of paper over to Tim with Darby's name underlined on it*)

Aaron Hotchner of Criminal Minds: And my team would be willing to put together a profile.

Gil Grissom of CSI Las Vegas: And my CSIs can--

Kevin: Didn't you quit?

Gil: Didn't you?

Kevin: Point taken...

Tim: We better get started. *He motions for Ziva and Tony to follow him*

Tony: But…I have a speech prepared!

Ziva: Why? You were not nominated for anything here tonight!  

Tony: DiNozzo Rule # 17. Always come prepared to accept an award…  

Kevin: We'll consider it accepted. Thank you…NCIS? Is that something like CSI?                                                    

Tony, Tim, and Ziva glare at him.                                                                                            

Kevin: Right. Well. Thank you for your help, anyway. Now on to the next award.                  

Go on to the Next Award

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 06:07:30 PM by julilly »

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Felix Award for Best Action Adventure (1)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 06:11:18 PM »

Congratulation s to our first winners!

Feel free to put your own congratulation s in these threads! :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 06:14:18 PM »

LMAO I am cracking up at the awards show so far. I haven't posted cause I wasn't sure if I could lol. Kevin finally got his revenge on Kelly lol.  :D

Yay for Sarah and Kelly winning! Woot! You guys totally deserve it.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 06:28:32 PM »

Congrats to Sarah, Kelly, and Filiklepto!  You guys are all great!! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 07:02:15 PM »

very nice.. congrats!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 07:28:36 PM »

aww, yay! Thanks guy. Sorry, Sarah and I didnt get our speeches written. *waits for my headslap* But thanks! And congrats Filiklepto!!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 07:29:47 PM »

Congrats to you guys!  I am totally making a list of fics to check out after this~

And I had no idea there were runner-up awards  ???  I am pretty speechless, thank you!
my muse is such a lush

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 09:25:04 PM »

Congrats everyone!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 09:45:30 PM »

congrats girls!  I love the commentary so far, this is great :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 09:52:56 PM »

Congrats!!!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 06:12:40 AM »

Congrats :)

Sinara

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Unbreakable bonds form in innocence of childhood.
    • Set It Off
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 04:10:23 PM »

Yay Honey and Sarah!!! (Maybe this will be motivation to FINISH your story! Because I know we all love it!)

Congrats Filiklepto!
- Katie -

Live passionately.. . and hold fast to your dreams. Live life with no regrets.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »

Well I have started the next chapter... but then, I did that before the awards and was supposed to be finished with it on friday... Hmm...
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.