Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: The September Challenge  (Read 3169 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
The September Challenge
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:18:26 PM »

Howdy all

This is the September challenge.

Challenge yourself to write on one of my monthly challenges of the past. I decided not to come up with anything for this month because it's usually a really busy month for everyone and since barely anyone participated in last month's challenge, I didn't see the point in putting forth effort in coming up with an idea only to have it ignored.

So, go pick any of the earlier challenges that you may have wanted to do but didn't find time for. Use this thread and tell us which challenge it is and then link us up to it.

Have fun!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:10:32 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

summer03

• Captain of Commotion
  • hmmm....
Re: The September Challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 02:22:47 AM »

Well I have done one already...

Here it is: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9845

I am working on another one.
"I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream." Vincent Van Gogh

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 06:15:26 AM »

Hm... I still wanna do the origins challenge from... May?  I did start on it this summer, but it wasn't really flowing the way I wanted to, so I took a break from it.  I'm not gonna kid myself into thinking I'll actually finish it this month either, but it's an idea LOL.  I had an idea for the June flash fiction challenge too, but it came at the very end of the month, so I didn't have enough time to write it.  I'd love to say I'd write that one this month, but realistically, my sister's getting married in a week, so the next two weekends are going to be busy, and I have two collabs to write parts for, so I doubt it will happen LOL.  Just being honest.  I like the idea of it being a free month to go back and do an old challenge though.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 08:29:36 AM »

I'm gonna take a look back at ones that I missed and see which one I feel able to do, I love doing these challenge stories :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 09:27:44 AM »

I'm going to do the June one.  Can't believe I never saw that one before!

summer03

• Captain of Commotion
  • hmmm....
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 03:17:38 PM »

Ok here is my other attempt to a challenge...

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9847
"I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream." Vincent Van Gogh

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 03:25:37 PM »

I should have clarified that I meant the monthly challenges but i'm glad you're writing, that's awesome!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 03:49:10 AM »

There are a couple of past monthly challenges I missed out on... I'll look into it!

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

Sinara

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Unbreakable bonds form in innocence of childhood.
    • Set It Off
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 11:03:14 PM »

Hopefully I'll have some time now that I'm not traveling every other week. Now that I have an established rhythm in school, I attempt this. I'm sorry about ditching your challenges Mare. I was barely home all summer. =(
- Katie -

Live passionately.. . and hold fast to your dreams. Live life with no regrets.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 04:36:53 PM »

I should try last month's since I did the bad thing where I said it sounded fun and then didn't do it. I should be smited.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

ABizzle

• Innocent Bystander
    • Supernaturalaholics Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 06:43:37 PM »

This would actually be a good opportunity to revisit my second attempt at doing 2008's October challenge. I successfully finished one fairly quickly and felt so sure of myself that I started a second one and it has been sitting half way finished ever since. Hmmm...
Owner/Founder of Supernaturalah olics Anonymous: http://www.supernaturalaholicsanonymous.com

Official Supernaturalah olics Anonymous Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/SupernaturalaholicsAnonymous

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 10:06:20 PM »

Good idea on this one, Mare. Especially for those of us (like me) who have been away from AC for months.

I'm taking Scenario 5 of the June flash fiction challenge.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

BSBfan4ever

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 12:32:49 PM »

I do have an October challenge, from last year and I did get it finished, but I wanted to wait for this years October challenge, to see what it was.