Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for November 2009 - If Tomorrow Never Comes  (Read 2553 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

By Carter- Orange. I think this is the first time we've ever featured two stories with the same name, but both of them are very different.

I read this story while judging the awards and thought it was a very unique and good read and hopefully it will be updated now that it's being featured? lol

It's an historical AU and I hope you enjoy!

As always feel free to ask questions and comment during the month and i'm sure Stephanie will be more than happy to answer. :)

Here's the link to the story: http://talk.livedaily.com/showthread.php?t=672106&page=6

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured Story of the Month for November 2009 - If Tomorrow Never Comes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:51:41 AM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol   
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 11:56:06 PM »

lol I was confused for a moment, but I get it now. And congrats Steph! I haven't read this, but I'm sure it's wonderful. I have an insanely busy month ahead of me this month, but I'm going to try my hardest to check this one out!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 02:04:31 PM »

Oh wow, I can't believe anything of mine is featured!!  So thanks for that, and sorry I've not updated it in ages, but I was only thinking about it the other day and thinking that I must write some more of it.

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
I was inspired by quite a few films and also some of my Grandad's war stories.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
Well, it's not finished yet.  I was updating regularly but then kind of came to a stop a little while ago.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
I can't even remember the summary I wrote for this.  But I'd say it's a love story based in world war two, it tells the story of five men and the other people in their lives, how they cope with war and being away from their loved ones, how they get by when times are rough, etc.  As for spoilers...I plan on killing at least one person off, not telling who though!

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
I don't really know, I'll have to come back to that one.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
I haven't given up, although it may seem that way!  I just need a kick up the arse to get writing it again.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
I just had this idea and made up the rest as I went along.  I never plan what I'm going to write, I just sit at my laptop and see what happens.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
I like Nick, he's sweet and loving and loyal to those he loves.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
Emily, the fool who dumped Nick!

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
They are all in this story, even Kevin.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol   
You might like a short story I wrote called Resistance, it's not BSB (but you don't need to know the guy in the story)as it's AU set in WW2 Poland and I think it's worth a look at, lol.  As for other writers, I'd say Sinister Devotion by Kevmylove as it's another AU one and contains all the guys and is very well written and the kind of story you just want to keep reading!  There are so many others out there too, but I'd be here all day if I listed them.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 06:13:56 PM »

OKay Stephanie, a few questions for you.

1) What made you decide to write a story about this time period and did you need to do a lot of research about it?

2) Most of us are familiar with the Carter part of your SN but tell us a little more about the Orange part and which of those two do you find it easier to write?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 11:08:29 AM »

1) What made you decide to write a story about this time period and did you need to do a lot of research about it?

I just fancied writing something different.  I've seen a lot of films set in that era, and I find it interesting and sad at the same time what people had to go through.  My Grandad also fought in WW2 and was at Dunkirk and used to tell us all his war stories.  He also married my Nan during the war and I thought that was romantic, the way they married on impulse, after only knowing each other a short time.  So my only research so far has been from what I remember from his stories and from films I've seen over the years.

2) Most of us are familiar with the Carter part of your SN but tell us a little more about the Orange part and which of those two do you find it easier to write?

The Orange part of my SN is Jason Orange from the band Take That, not sure how big they are over in America, but they are really successful here and I've liked him since I was a teenager (long time ago!).  I like writing either, and I've probably written just as many Take That stories as I have BSB stories.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

What's your favorite chapter in your story? And do you have any favorite lines or scenes that you'd like to share?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 07:20:12 AM »

I think I'd have to re-read it before I could quote anything from it!  I think my favourite part so far would have to be where they are on top of the hill and the air raid siren goes off and Nick holds her close to him protectively *sighs* lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 10:19:34 AM »

wow, this month flew by! Now is the time for any last comments and questions for Stephanie about her story.

:)