Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: I've got a case of the staring-at-a-blank-page blues...  (Read 1942 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
I've got a case of the staring-at-a-blank-page blues...
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:59:25 PM »

I have never been this stuck in my whole life. Ever. For weeks I've been staring at a blank page. And every now and then, when I do get something written it's like one scene that doesn't seem to work and I end up erasing it. I have about six stories that are somewhere in progress. Whether it's just an outline, or it's one or two chapters or its twelve... I've opened and read everyone of them in the last few weeks and tried to work on most of them and still... NOTHING. I don't even feel like a writer anymore. Like something happened and I'm just not capable anymore.

So my question to you guys is, do I work through my writers block by somehow forcing myself to get something down on one of my current stories, or do I just put everything stressing me out aside and start over from scratch. Do I dare start another story? What would you do in this case?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: I've got a case of the staring-at-a-blank-page blues...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:36:42 PM »

I find when I'm stuck I'll pop out a couple of quick short stories just to get the creative juices flowing.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 08:08:23 PM »

You shouldn't be forcing yourself to write or eles you won't like writting at all.I say just give yourself a break and go back to writting when your good and ready.Just take a rest,it may help. ;)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 09:57:20 AM »

Maybe it's because you've got a lot going on right now.  I wouldn't give up on them just yet, but don't force yourself into writing something just because you feel you have to.  I'm sure your inspiration will come back to you, probably when you least expect it.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »

ugh, I hope so because I have a brilliant idea for a fun new story and I really want to write it, but then I sit down and ... ... ... Yeah I'm hoping that after the book release and the baby I will get some sanity back.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:24:15 PM »

Something that always inspires me to write is reading a book that is sort of similar to what I want to write about.  Maybe in the same genre, or even an author with a similar writing style to mine.  I don't think you'll be able to force it and come up with what you want.  Writer's block is so frustrating! I'm sure you'll get through it though!