Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Helloooooo!  (Read 3848 times)

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
Helloooooo!
« on: December 20, 2009, 02:05:13 PM »

Hello there!  :)

My name is Imke, I'm 17 years old and I'm from The Netherlands. (That explains my quite unusual name lol.) If you're like, aaaah! How the hell do I have to pronounce that? Well, you're not the first one lmao! Considering to change my first name to an English or Spanish name later. I love English and Spanish names!
Anywayss... I'm here 'cause I have been reading BSB fanfics for quite a while but never came up with the idea to register on AC and on here for some odd reason.  :banghead: Only to find out that first I was reading unfinished stories which would never be updated. (Still sooo frustrated about that. xD ) But now I discovered how the website works and how I can find the recent stories lmao. xD
Okay, ehm.. I love writing and reading fanfics about BSB. My fave is AJ, as you had probably noticed, seeing my avatar and banner. And well, I have been writing for a couple of years but only started a couple of months ago writing BSB fanfics. Used to write fanfics about another (really not common) boyband but stopped that 'cause their official forum is like totally dead, so nobody who is interested enough to read them lol.

I'm very chatty, mostly happy, quite funny too and well, if you want to know more, just ask!  ;D
Oh, and I just posted my first written BSB fanfic in here. :) Just not too sure if it will be a success. :hidesface: hehe.
Btw, my English can be somewhat crap, so excusez moi in advance.  :bricks:

(PS. OMG I love the smileys here! --> :bsb: haha!)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Helloooooo!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 04:22:07 PM »

Welcome, Imke! :)  Glad to have you here!  Your English is great, by the way!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »

Lol, thanks!  :) Been sort of teaching myself English since I was 11 years old by chatting with foreign people on the internet and such. English class at school here goes way too slow, repeating the same stuff over and over again and eventually not getting any smarter. :crazy: Learnt so much more by myself, gotta love internet.  8-)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 06:06:34 PM »

Welcome to the board! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 03:55:58 AM »

Hi and welcome to AC, your English seems fine to me!

Hope you enjoy it here :)

celinecarterlover

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 11:02:59 AM »

Hi welcome to the forum Imke my name is Celine

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 12:27:08 PM »

Hey Imke! Welcome to the boards! I'm Kelly. You'll fit right in around here. There are quite a few other AJ fanatics. *cough* Krystal *cough*  This board's been a little quieter than normal. (Probably a lot to do with the time of year, we tend to be more active in the summer) But it's always good to have new people around to help keep the chatter going.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 02:16:35 PM »

Welcome, Imke!  I'm Darby... :)

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 10:54:51 AM »

Thanks people! :)

I will definitely enjoy it in here.  8-)

ajsbaby

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 09:50:33 AM »

Hello Imke, I look forward to getting to know you and reading your stories.

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 08:17:31 PM »

Lol, thanks!  :) Been sort of teaching myself English since I was 11 years old by chatting with foreign people on the internet and such. English class at school here goes way too slow, repeating the same stuff over and over again and eventually not getting any smarter. :crazy: Learnt so much more by myself, gotta love internet.  8-)

Wow! I am always so amazed by how many bilingual people there are in the world.  In the US, we know English, and that's usually it.  I know a little Spanish, but their teaching methods in our schools aren't very good (in my opinion).  Instead of teaching us how to speak it/write it, they focus on conjugating the same verbs in 27 different tenses... LoL  Sorry your classes were getting repetative.  Glad you were able to do it on your own.

Anyways, welcome to the site.   :)

Jellicle

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »

Welcome Imke! Hoe gaat het? You have a lovely name by the way!! I hope you'll like the forum!
It's a weird world don't you know it?
It's a weird world and it won't slow down
It's a weird world no matter how you roll it

http://unmistakableinaweirdworld.blogspot.com www.facebook.c om/gosdie
www.twitter.co m/jellicle1904

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »

Hello Imke. I was MIA when you introduced yourself but since someone else posted yesterday and brought this thread back into my "unread posts since last visit" list...I thought I would pop in to greet you as well. I'm Kristal...one of those self proclaimed AJ freaks that Kelly mentioned. I'm an off an on regular...some times I'm here constantly and sometimes I'm MIA...so I'm sure I will see you around. You'll like the boards...thing s can get pretty interesting around here. So, welcome!  ;D

Jellicle

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 07:49:27 AM »

Hello Imke. I was MIA when you introduced yourself but since someone else posted yesterday and brought this thread back into my "unread posts since last visit" list...I thought I would pop in to greet you as well. I'm Kristal...one of those self proclaimed AJ freaks that Kelly mentioned. I'm an off an on regular...some times I'm here constantly and sometimes I'm MIA...so I'm sure I will see you around. You'll like the boards...thing s can get pretty interesting around here. So, welcome!  ;D

That should be me, Kristal! LOL. I'm on and off constantly as well, just like you. Guess life gets in the way more than normal!
It's a weird world don't you know it?
It's a weird world and it won't slow down
It's a weird world no matter how you roll it

http://unmistakableinaweirdworld.blogspot.com www.facebook.c om/gosdie
www.twitter.co m/jellicle1904

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 06:45:19 PM »

Your English is wonderful!!! Welcome to the board :)