Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New Year, so lets see what we accomplished Last Year!  (Read 22171 times)

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
Re: New Year, so lets see what we accomplished Last Year!
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 07:45:09 PM »

Was summer03 writing a Nick-centered historical romance at some point?  It was set in an Austen-esque time period.  I couldn't find it on her page, so I'm not sure it she took it down or if I'm thinking of someone else.

Yes that is summer03. It was AJ and Nick centered, you are correct. For personal reasons she took down her stories but she is slowly adding them back. If you would like, I can send her an email and tell her you are asking for that story. It's called "Summer Romance".
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:46:56 PM by Sapphire »

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 10:58:08 AM »

Yes that is summer03. It was AJ and Nick centered, you are correct. For personal reasons she took down her stories but she is slowly adding them back. If you would like, I can send her an email and tell her you are asking for that story. It's called "Summer Romance".

I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find that story anywhere! LoL Yes, that'd be great if you could. Thanks!   :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 10:26:52 AM »

Was summer03 writing a Nick-centered historical romance at some point?  It was set in an Austen-esque time period.  I couldn't find it on her page, so I'm not sure it she took it down or if I'm thinking of someone else.

I was reading that one too and can't find it either.

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »

1.  What was your biggest writing- or fanfic-related accomplishment of 2008 2009?

Getting myself writing again at all!

Mare, I totally get where you are right now. I went through such a dry writing-spell (part with health reasons, part just...no motivation...I really thought my fanfic and possibly even my writing in general was over and done with. Even if it is over for fanfic for you, though, I really hope you do continue to write your original stories!

2.  What do you feel was the best piece of writing you did in 2009?  It can be a whole story or just a certain chapter or scene.  Give us a link or, if it's a really short excerpt (like a paragraph), post it here.

Tough call, but I'd go with Unbuttoned. It was my first attempt at a "romance" story, and I thought it turned out really well.

3.  Which of your own stories are you most proud of, and why?  (This doesn't have to be one written in 20082009).

Overall, I might actually still choose Ground Zero.

But for this year, I would have to go with The DiNozzo Experience (TM). I surprised myself with this one (and surprise myself now as I'm choosing it...) It's a story I never imagined I'd write for many reasons (biggest one of which being that it's intentionally slashy, which is closely followed by it's romance at all...) I'm proud that I managed to accomplish both of those objectives and yet managed to keep the characters (almost) completely in character (except for well...the slash, but...erm...th ey're stil really close!)

4.  Give us a link to one of your own stories that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed, and tell us why you think it's worthy of being read.

12 Kisses  I tried to capture the feel of some of the old madcap comedies as the story flows through the 12 kisses between 12 different couples (rather 11 couples and one "threesome"  :o )  

5.  Switching over to praise for other writers, give us a link to someone ELSE'S story that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed.  Again, tell us why you think this story is worthy of being read.

Pieces to the Puzzle by Honey. I thought this was a really well done Castle fic. Kelly manages to capture the characters, and yet also manages to make a normally unflappable character believably vulnerable.

6.  What was the best story you discovered in 20082009?  Provide a link, and tell why you liked it.

There Loomed an Ogre. It was very intense and terrifically angsy without going too over the top.

7.  Name an AC author who impressed you this year (with their writing, their updating, whatever it may be LOL), and tell us why.

I'll admit that I haven't kept up with many here on AC (sorry, just not into Backstreet fic...:( )  But Honey impressed me with her original works!)

8.  Do you have any writing- or fanfic-related resolutions for 20092010?  If so, what are they? Just to keep writing. I'd still really like to finish all the In Progress stories I've left open, but...I admit that it's unlikely that I will find the motivation/inspiration for some of them, and when I've tried to force it, it's only made me stop writing until I give in and write the stories that I do have the inspiration for...

Add on Question: Has anything changed since the last time you answered this? Why? My primary fandom has changed; I finally found a fandom that seems to have virtually unlimited plot bunnies for me to chase after. And I've also started focusing more on writing short stories--which has been very good for me in that endings are usually the hardest for me...and has kept me from starting so many stories that don't get finished. I've given myself more freedom to write what I want to write, and celebrate my successes rather than dwelling on my failures.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 09:08:52 PM by Chaos »

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »

1.  What was your biggest writing- or fanfic-related accomplishment of 2008 2009?

Getting myself writing again at all!

Amen! LoL  That was 2008 for me. I feel like writing is extra rewarding when its been awhile and you get back into it. 

summer03

• Captain of Commotion
  • hmmm....
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 05:49:11 PM »

1.  What was your biggest writing- or fanfic-related accomplishment of 2008 2009?

Hmm... I would have to say finishing Seduction. Because this would be one of my first Fanfic's where it centers around Brian. I am pretty proud of it.

2.  What do you feel was the best piece of writing you did in 2009?  It can be a whole story or just a certain chapter or scene.  Give us a link or, if it's a really short excerpt (like a paragraph), post it here.

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9896&warning=4

My collab with Sapphire I think we did a pretty good job.

3.  Which of your own stories are you most proud of, and why?  (This doesn't have to be one written in 20082009).

I will say My Mona Lisa. Still very proud of that one.

4.  Give us a link to one of your own stories that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed, and tell us why you think it's worthy of being read.

This is hard because I have two... Heart Bandit and Taking back my love... I guess Heart Bandit... I just think its a good plot pretty proud I came up with it. hehe.

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9968

5.  Switching over to praise for other writers, give us a link to someone ELSE'S story that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed.  Again, tell us why you think this story is worthy of being read.

hmm... I've read many here like Bound by honor by Kevmylove....l ove it. Just the way she tells it it gets you hooked.

6.  What was the best story you discovered in 20082009?  Provide a link, and tell why you liked it.

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9891

read answer#5

7.  Name an AC author who impressed you this year (with their writing, their updating, whatever it may be LOL), and tell us why.

Sapphire with Mistakes learned...less ons learned. She's been doing an awesome job.

8.  Do you have any writing- or fanfic-related resolutions for 20092010?  If so, what are they?

I need to write with more detail... or I think.

Add on Question: Has anything changed since the last time you answered this? Why?

Well this is my first time doing it so nope...

I will be posting Summer Romance back on. Thanks for the email Sapphire. I actually didn't think anyone was reading it.
"I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream." Vincent Van Gogh

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »

Aww thanks Patti. I've really enjoyed working with you too! I'm looking foward to more Heart Bandit.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 10:41:39 AM »

wow this thread (and last years thread) depress me.  I basically read/wrote NOTHING last year.  I've lost my love for fan fic altogether and can't write anything original either. I think a lot of my problem is stress. My real life has been more than a little chaotic. If it would just settle down then maybe I could get over the big brick wall in front of me and actually write something. At this point I'd probably settle for even reading a fan fic. Honestly I don't see it happening.

PS. Thanks Steph and Zak. As always you are way to kind to me!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2010, 04:56:18 AM »

Hope things settle down for you Kelly and that you find your writing mojo!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 11:02:08 PM »

hahaha with my husband out of town 90% of the time and baby number three on the way and making me barf 5-6 times a day? Doubtful. But on the bright side, my book is being released this year. I'm hoping that sparks some inspiration. Plus... I'm *supposed* to be writing Jamie 2 .... erm.... yeah... I need to just man-up and write a fan fic. (or update one of my unfinished ones... :-[ ) Anybody want to come over and stand behind me and somehow make me focus?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 04:13:57 AM »

Oh god, that sounds awful!  I hope the sickness stops soon :)

Good news about your book, hope it will be available over here in the UK as I never got a chance to read it when you had it posted up on AC.

I'm sure the inspiration will come back to you, but it will probably be when you are feeling better and have got over the sickness part of the pregnancy.  I imagine the last thing on your mind is updating fanfics when you are feeling like shit!

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 05:14:08 PM »

hahaha with my husband out of town 90% of the time and baby number three on the way and making me barf 5-6 times a day? Doubtful. But on the bright side, my book is being released this year. I'm hoping that sparks some inspiration. Plus... I'm *supposed* to be writing Jamie 2 .... erm.... yeah... I need to just man-up and write a fan fic. (or update one of my unfinished ones... :-[ ) Anybody want to come over and stand behind me and somehow make me focus?

You're publishing a book?  That's great!!  Do you know when this year?  And what is the book about?

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 09:19:28 PM »

You're publishing a book?  That's great!!  Do you know when this year?  And what is the book about?

I'll answer this one in my update thread so we don't get off topic and make Julilly or Mare have to smite us with a sick...  I've been really good about not hijacking threads since Dee left. Hmm....  :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 02:47:16 AM »

OMG Julie that was such a nice compliment! I'm so honored you thought I am impressive lol. I haven't been here very long and I know I'm not the best writer in the world, but I do pride myself on trying to update frequently. This is due to the fact that I have a friend who motivates me into updating....mo stly on my By My Side series. As for Figured You Out, I write that one almost completely on my own. Its something different, I know. But all the nice compliments are great for motivating me to write! So thank you again! You are awesome!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 05:39:19 AM »

You're welcome!  I still admire people who update regularly, and you still do.  It gives me more confidence in reading your in-progress stories, like FYO, cause I know I'm not gonna be left hanging forever.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 2 [3]