Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Character Challenge  (Read 2028 times)

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
Character Challenge
« on: June 12, 2010, 11:49:10 PM »

Surfing around, for lack of anything better to do, I noticed someone participated in Chaos' Character Building Exercise #2. I went back and re-read my own posts for this, as well as part 2. After remembering my dear character Happy Lovie Pebbles, I decided that I'm going to attempt writing a short story about this character.

So the challenge is to complete the two exercises Chaos posted, if you haven't already done so, and write two short stories based on that character.

The first story should be based on the character as they are in the first exercise and the second story based on the character as they are in part 2 of the exercise. (This makes sense, once you do the exercises, LOL) I suppose you could actually count it as one story and just have each part as a separate chapter.

Both stories should be in this character's POV...after all, the whole point of it is to develop this character.

You should incorporate as much as you can, from the exercises, into the stories.

Other than that...just have fun with your new character!

So, in case anyone needs them...here are the exercise links...
http://absolutechaos.net/fictalk/index.php/topic,1642.0.html
http://absolutechaos.net/fictalk/index.php/topic,1656.0.html

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Character Challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 02:19:10 AM »

Good challenge!  That character exercise was really interesting... I couldn't remember my character till I went back and looked, but I remembered it was fun to make up all those details about her and make her different from what her name sounded like.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Character Challenge
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 10:57:18 PM »

Oh this is going to be fun, I think.  I've done the first part of the challenge and created THREE characters... haven't written their stories yet, but I will.  I'm intrigued to see what their stories will be.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury