Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Howies Girl Updates  (Read 6405 times)

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
Howies Girl Updates
« on: June 21, 2010, 12:38:56 AM »

Hey guys been a while since i updates stuff. At the moment i decided to repost Shatered Hearts Reunited Souls, it is one i have been tormented with. it's been going through the rewrite mill for a while, and i hope i got it right this time. Please let me know what you think. I crave reveiws so if you have read my story please post a small review so i can post more updates and you can get me excited about it. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:14:18 AM by Howies Girl »

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
Re: Howies Girl Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 07:22:39 AM »

Updated my stories. Please i really want to know what people think of it. So please review after you have read it.

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 09:01:28 AM »

Updated Shatered Hearts in the process of revemping a family apart. Hopefully i can get back in the zone. Oh and i need to know how do i remove a warning from my story i have been trying to remove the slash M/M because i decided not to use it on this story.

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 01:53:13 PM »

I don't mean to sound like a Deby Downer but, I would really appreciate it if I got constructive critisism. I really want to know how good or bad I am. That way if my story is really bad, I can just pull it off the site and re-write it until it's better. Sometimes i wounder if my stories get read and I feel like i'm not a good enough writer to have my stories on here. I really don't mean to sound like this but i guess it is how I feel. So please review my stories and let me know what you think.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 09:52:55 PM »

Hey there,

I know how discouraging it could be when you get little to no feedback. You are a very good writer, from what I read anyway. I did just go and read the prologue for your Shattered Hearts story. It's very well written and flowed nicely. :) I don't really read a whole lot of fanfic. Everyone on here knows that lol and romance and slash and Howie fics just aren't my thing.

I think in all honesty the only reason you haven't gotten many reviews is just because it's a slash story. Right now, for whatever reason, slash isn't something that a lot of people are reading. It's an aquired taste. I would suggest maybe posting that you updated not only in here but maybe some of the bigger boards as well like the new LD board or on the Dark Side. Because even though many people on AC may not enjoy slash on those bigger boards you will probably get a few new readers. Just a thought!  But keep writing. The reviews will evenutally come! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:49:28 PM »

it's something i have been trying to change because, Howie isn't the one doing slash. It's one of my unknown characters who  I decided to just keep as a secondary instead of a main character.  I feel i screwed myself over with that warning lol. but it's stuck on there because i have no idea how to take it off.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 10:53:41 PM »

I might be able to remove it for you. I could try if you want.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 11:04:30 PM »

Hey Vanessa,

I think there's definitely something to what Mare said.  It's not fair, but there are certain combinations of genre + Boy that are really popular and certain ones that aren't.  If you write Nick romance or drama, for example, you are guaranteed an audience, as long as your writing is coherent (and sometimes even if it's not LOL).  Romance and drama have always been popular genres, and Nick's the Chosen One, so it makes sense.  Group suspense stories are another kind that usually do well.  Slash, just like visuals, is one of those genres that people either love or hate, so that automatically probably cuts your readership by at least half... and then the fact that it's a Howie story and not, say, a Nick story is also going to keep some people from reading it.  Like I said, it's not fair at all - a good story is a good story, no matter who the main character is or what kind of warnings it includes - but that's just the reality of it.  You have to just write what you love and know that someone out there is going to love the same thing and enjoy your story.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 11:06:43 PM »

I can definitly remove the slash warning, I just tried but because you clicked something there I have to replace it with one of the other warnings lol I can't get it to say none. So let me know what you want on there instead.

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 07:19:52 AM »

Is there a warning for language? I'm sure if there is a scene where the kids are out of ear shot I can put in some language. lol.   

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 07:23:03 AM »

I can get it so there's none, no worries. My only concern is that even if it's not Howie involved in the slash, but there is still slash, then the warning should stay there. The warning is not intended to apply just to the main character, but the story as a whole.

Now, if the slash is implied and not described graphically then a text warning on the chapter would suffice.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 08:27:21 AM »

That's what I was going to say about the slash as well. you might want to just put a warning up in the chapter it happens as long as it's not a graphic scene or anything like that.

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 08:29:12 AM »

I decided to not mention any of the secondary characters inner workings. it's just that The secondary character is Gay and I thought it would be appropriate to mention it but now i'm not sure. I think i'm just  :crazy: but then again everyone in my family is about as crazy as I am lol.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 08:35:20 AM »

If it's just a gay character you totally don't need a slash warning. I'll get that off for you! :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 08:40:50 AM »

and then you need to tell me how to do that lol I couldn't get the highlight to go away.
Pages: [1] 2