Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Picture Fic Challenge...Picture This  (Read 8319 times)

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
Picture Fic Challenge...Picture This
« on: March 17, 2007, 01:09:12 PM »

I was thinking abt this when I was writing a fic which came about after i saw a picture of Howie. I thought hey, this could be fun for a challenge, lol. So here's a set of pictures. If you find yourself with a story to tell after seeing any of them, take up this challenge and share the fic with us :D it'd be awesome to see how many stories can be inspired by just a picture. Any genre is welcome! Your story can be told based on before, during or after the pic was taken. Anything goes really, lol.

To keep this thread alive (hopefully!), please feel free to comment if you're interested in writing on any of them so we can keep coming back to see if the fic is posted. You can post on chaos and give us a link here and/or share the fic here. Either way, I hope readers will review and comment :D More than 1 fic can be written for a picture, it'd be cool to see how many fics a pic can inspire, hehe.

Picture 7 is the one that inspired me and made me came out with this challenge. You can find it here : http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8341

Hope to see some takers soon :D

ps: i wanted to post this challenge on the issue a challenge thread on Chaos but im not sure how to do it with pictures...sor ry mods!
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Picture Fic Challenge...Picture This
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 04:10:32 PM »

Excellent idea Mers lol do you have a word limit or anything for this challenge? I think i'm going to make a board for this separate and if I can figure out how to move this to that board I will so hang on a sec.

I know Ninjente also had mentioned challenges so let's see...
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 04:21:43 PM »

okay it's been moved whee! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 05:04:36 AM »

Who's in photo nine? I think I will write a story with all fourteen photos in it. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 08:33:07 AM »

I'm not positive but it looks like Howie and Brian in number 9, to me at least.

Another question Mers, lol once people claim their pics can anyone else take the same pic or do you want it to be once a pic is claimed we PM it to the person and remove it? lol

Minus Dee who is using them all?

Also is there a word limit? I think you should probably set a word limit for this as well.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 10:25:31 AM »

Cool idea! I'll go and give this a try soon! ;D
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 01:24:21 PM »

hey! so, i think we're still allowed to use the pics that other people have already written about (at least, i'm pretty sure Mers said that up top!). Anyhoo, I wrote one in the hour and a half I had between classes and I just posted it.  I used pictures 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10.  The story is called, rather unimaginativel y, The Challenge, and it was rather fun to write! Enjoy!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8347
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 05:46:26 PM »

I wrote a fic for #13 awhile ago. Does that count? lol

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=6705

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 06:03:37 PM »

okay it's a toss up between #4 and #2 i'm not sure which one I want to write about lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 06:26:23 PM »

Both?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 06:36:15 PM »

hrmm  I was thinking of doing that but I think I want to just try to write an entire fic on only one.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 08:10:15 PM »

Kay I think i'll try number 4 lol

wow i'm like blabbering on when part of me is saying just shut the heck up and write the stupid thing.

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 11:17:14 PM »

yay!!! im looking forward to reading your fics!! if you've written them, link it here just incase i didnt see it on the fic site ok? i sometimes i miss stuff and that would suck out loud so bad!

Sarah, i just read yours and it rocked! i LOVE it! hehe...left you a review!
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 11:18:32 PM »

I wrote a fic for #13 awhile ago. Does that count? lol

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=6705

that fic seriously kicked ass! you know i love it but it needs to be said, again, lol.

Looking forward to fic with pic #4 :D kevin/nick  :o

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 11:29:26 PM »

I'm not positive but it looks like Howie and Brian in number 9, to me at least.

Another question Mers, lol once people claim their pics can anyone else take the same pic or do you want it to be once a pic is claimed we PM it to the person and remove it? lol

Minus Dee who is using them all?

Also is there a word limit? I think you should probably set a word limit for this as well.

a pic can be used as many times. it'd be fun to read 2 different stories based on the same fic dont you think?

im not sure how much is too much for word limit. i say a short fic. but if any of these fics inspires any of you guys to make a long fic with it, go ahead! i'd love to read :D

is 4000 words too much? lmao. 
Pages: [1] 2