Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Featured story for July - With The Band  (Read 8693 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Featured story for July - With The Band
« on: June 30, 2010, 11:22:59 PM »

Hey guys and Happy Fourth!

As many of you have suggested, With the Band is your July story. I hope those of you that have recommended this one come in and tell everyone why. Also i'm sure Jenn will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have!

Happy Reading!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10059&warning=4

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
Re: Featured story for July - With The Band
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 06:38:38 AM »

Woot Woot! I'm Miss July! Sweet! Bring on the questions...I'm ready for them :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 07:27:28 AM »

Congrats :)  I really loved reading this story!

Did you research a lot for this story, or is photography and media stuff something you are really interested in?

How long did it take you to write the story?

Who was your favourite character - apart from the main two - to write?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:27:56 AM »

Here is a questionaire. Fill it out when you have the time, also another question for you. Where did you get this idea from?

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol     
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 07:54:57 AM »

Congrats   I really loved reading this story!

Did you research a lot for this story, or is photography and media stuff something you are really interested in?  I didn't do a great deal of research for this - one of my minors in school is speech and media and so I've picked up a little bit along the way.  At work, I am pretty much the photographer for events and I maintain a portion of our webpage.  I also do a video every year to promote Summer Reading.  So Liv's created from my ideal that nerdy is cool. :)

How long did it take you to write the story?  It took a month to write, give or take a few days.

Who was your favourite character - apart from the main two - to write?
This is a REALLY tough question because it changes with each story.  I'm going to say for With the Band that my favorite character to write aside from Nick and Liv was probably Brian.  In Cruise Control my favorite secondary character is probably Aaron (even though he doesn't have a big part).  For Voodoo and Vows it's Angel.  For my upcoming book I'm already going to say AJ. :)

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 08:12:34 AM »

Here is a questionaire. Fill it out when you have the time, also another question for you. Where did you get this idea from?   It came to me in a dream...No, really! It did come to me in a dream.  My favorite guy is Brian but Nick invaded my dreams one night and well... ::)

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?  Ooh, this is a tough one...well, my initial version/notes of the story had Brian as the father of the baby.  Brian went into uncharacterist ic denial and refused to man up.  The original ending of WTB had Nick there for the whole delivery.  Liv's mom had NO idea Liv was pregnant until she got the call and flies in the day after the birth.  Before she even goes in to see the baby, Nick stops her in the hall and tells her that he's the father and that he wants to marry Liv (he doesn't propose in Canada like he did in the printed version).

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?The series is far from over.  I keep saying that I have (insert #) of books to go, but that number keeps changing because secondary characters are tugging on my sleeve begging me to write more in depth on them.  I know for sure what the LAST book is going to be about.  I'm now on the fence about another plotline that I was really excited about.  I still might do it though. :)

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.  Ugh, I HATE summaries!  Honestly, I don't think I can do any better on my WTB summary, lol

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?  Well, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and cast Nick Carter as Nick.  And then I'm going to be even CRAZIER and cast all the other guys as themselves too, lol.  I really like Rachel McAdams, I think she's so pretty...so I'd cast her as Liv!  I'd probably cast Rupert Grint as Hunter cause they're both ginger and I love Harry Potter, lol.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
I never gave up on WTB.  That one came SO easy to me.  I did almost give up on Nowhere to Go and that's only because I have such a hard time writing two stories and once and Cruise Control was the more interesting of the two at the time.  That's why I wrapped it up as neatly as possible and I'm going to weave the characters back into an upcoming story.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
I'll go with I'm Tonja and I plagazrized for 200, Alex.  Haha just kidding.  I do have an outline, but sometimes as I'm writing the characters will pull me in a different direction.  I'll come up with a new idea that changes the course of the story in one way or another.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
My favorite character is Liv.  She's not perfect by far but she has a good heart.  It's nice to know that when I'm having a crappy day at work I can come home and at least make HER day a little better.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
Howie is alluding me.  He's really hard to write and sometimes I find that he just disappears so I have to bring him back to the forefront again.  I think I've had more problems with this in CC and Voodoo than WTB but still...c'mon Howie!

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
All the boys are in this one, even Kevin.  I knew from the beginning I didn't want Kevin to be excluded.  I still have dreams that one day he will come back - like for the 20th anniversary tour.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol    
If you love this story you're going to like Cruise Control, Voodoo and Vows, Sweetest Day Sniffles, and Nowhere to Go.  They're all branched off of With the Band.  I have two other stories on here, an AJ one called Life in the Fast Lane and a Howie one called The Boy is Mine.  They were written about eight years ago and I'd like to think my English and writing proficiency has improved since high school. :)  I posted them as a reminder of where I was and where I am now. :)  But you're welcome to read them too, of course!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:13:35 PM by evergreenwriter83 »

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 02:11:39 PM »

Okay: I just started reading the story after hearing all the raves for it to be featured for July. It's excellent so far! I'm on Chapter 6. I gotta know: what inspired the GENIUS McDs Playland scene???  :D That had me rolling on the floor! Excellent job so far! I'm looking forward to finishing it and coming up with more questions, too. *thumbs way up*  
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 02:20:59 PM by Pengi »
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 02:27:09 PM »

Oh geesh I forgot about the McDonald's playland scene!  Since you just started, I won't give anything else away.  What inspired me?  Hmm...well I love McDonald's and I think ball pits are the devil's playground.  Somehow I can just SEE Nick getting frustrating and belly flopping in.  LoL.  Sometimes the images that come to mind are WAY too vivid not to write about. :)

fracktrain

• Fledgling
  • It's A Backstreet Thing, You Wouldn't Understand
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 05:05:38 PM »

McDonald's playland scene LOL the best part! I too have just started and the story is  great!!!!!!

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 05:12:24 PM »

LoL thanks for reading FrackTrain!  If you have a moment drop me a review or two...I still check the story to see if anyone new has commented :)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 04:54:39 AM »

Does her telling you she likes it not count as a review? lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 07:41:25 AM »

LoL Julilly, it absolutely counts as a review.  But she's only on the first six chapters...I'm sure she'll have more to say later on!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 06:40:29 PM »

Congrats Jen  ;)!!! I absolutely love what I've read so far from WTB. I still have a lot to go though, but I shall finish it soon. Just wanted to let you know you are an awesome writer and the story totally sucked me in. I went to bed really late two days in a row reading. I will be back with questions later.  ;D

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 10:48:20 PM »

Congrats!!  You updated With The Band faster than I could read it lol.  But I did finally finish that one and now I still need to get caught up on all the others :)

Great job with it though - it was a really original idea with very fresh characters.  I liked it a lot!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 07:15:21 AM »

Congrats Jen  !!! I absolutely love what I've read so far from WTB. I still have a lot to go though, but I shall finish it soon. Just wanted to let you know you are an awesome writer and the story totally sucked me in. I went to bed really late two days in a row reading. I will be back with questions later. 

Aww thanks!  Anytime I'm responsible for late night reading, I consider it a big accomplishment .   :D  I'm just happy so many people are enjoying my stories!
Pages: [1] 2 3