Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for June - Illusions of Deceit by Frick24x  (Read 2740 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Happy June everyone!

This month's story is Illusions of Deceit by Frick24x. After this month, i'm going to be giving people second turns at featured author so if you have any requests or suggestions post in the suggestions for featured stories thread.

Thanks and in the meantime, enjoy this story!

Here's the link:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9214&warning=4
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Frick24x

• Innocent Bystander

Aw! Someone had to come and tell me that I was featured! I totally didn't know. That's awesome. Thanks!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Oh excellent! Glad to see you on here :) Now I can put up the little interview lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Here is a questionaire. Fill it out when you have the time, also another question for you. Where did you get this idea from?

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol     

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder

Congratulation s!  I'll have to go and check it out :)

Frick24x

• Innocent Bystander

Thanks again!! I love this story so much. I'm glad that it's been resurrected.

I'll start with Mare's question, because that's kind of part of the answer to a lot of these.

Where did you get this idea from?

I actually got the idea from Brian. We've all heard the story about how Leighanne was supposed to be on one of the planes that crashed on 9/11 (which might be a spoiler... but that pretty much comes out in the first chapter, anyway). As fate may have it, she ended up staying behind and never got on the plane. I always wondered what life would have been like for him had she actually gotten on that plane. Now, I'm not saying that Brian would have become a recluse and completely fallen off the face of the Earth, but I can't imagine that it would have been easy for him. So, basically... I guess I took advantage of his situation. Haha.

I changed Leighanne's name so that it wasn't SO real.

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

Something no one knows... hmm.

Well, there are about fifteen different versions of this story on my computer. I knew the basic premise that I wanted to write. I knew how I wanted to begin and how I wanted to end, but everything in the middle was a surprise, even to me. Sometimes, I let my fingers do the talking and Alexa Owens' story is what came out.

When I'm playing with and idea, I tend to write in script format and flush idea out of that. So, that's where the story started. It was originally written around the time that Never Gone came out and Alexa was a Paris Hilton-type princess. That story developed into this one and I have to say, I'm kind of proud of the outcome. It was the first full story I'd written in years.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

This version of the story only took a few months to write. I'd been flushing the idea out for years though. When I heard Brian talking about how Leighanne was supposed to be on one of the planes, my heart dropped. I worried that it would be insensitive to use that to write a story about, but honestly, I figured that so many years have gone by that this story was worth sharing.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

Wow... another summary. Haha.

Brian Littrell's pregnant wife died on September 11, 2001 when she boarded one of those ill-fated planes to escape the hysteria that was Brian's life as a Backstreet Boy. That day, Brian blamed himself and walked away from the group vowing to never sing again.

Alexa Owens' mother walked out on her family when she was a baby and her father killed himself when she was sixteen leaving her penniless and alone.

Out of high school, Alexa began to work for Ben Silverman, the head of Jive Records as his assistant. When the Backstreet Boys decide that they want to record again without Brian, Ben devises a plan to use Alexa to his every advantage and get Brian back to the group.

(Okay, the real summary is better, but that's the best I could do. Haha.)

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

The original Alexa (the Paris Hilton-esque version) I imagined as Megan Fox, which I now hate, because she annoys me so much. Haha.

This version of Alexa I imagine as someone like Rachel McAdams or Scarlett Johannson because I love them both. I'm a really visual thinker so when I start writing, I tend to picture the heroine in my head and she becomes my muse.

As Brian... well, I'd like Brian. haha. But if I had to choose someone other than a Backstreet Boy... hmm... um. I don't know. The only person coming to my head is Robert Pattinson and that's just wrong on too many levels to count. Hahaha. So, yeah, I don't know.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

This story was my baby. It's finished and I never once thought of giving it up.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

I start with an outline and then I edit from there. I will have moments in my head. The moment in Chapter 19 of Brian and Alexa dancing in the bedroom was one that I knew had to be in there at some point. I had to watch myself and make sure that I don't get TOO caught up in those moments and twist the story to include them.

Once I get to know the characters, they help. I'll start with an idea and then say, 'no, so and so would never say/do that.' So... yeah. It's a process. lol.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

I'd have to say either AJ or Alexa. (It would be too easy to say Brian and he's so damn stubborn in it! Haha) Alexa is my own creation and I love that she has flaws. AJ is so protective of Brian and makes so much sense all the time that I love him too. Bernie is great too, but he's not in it that much. This whole question makes me seem so narcissistic, because really they're all my character's right? hahahaha.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

Um... I'll go the easy route and say Ben. He's the villain and he's kind of awful. The detective in the end was ass-ish too.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

They all have their moments, but the main Boys in the story are Brian and AJ. This was Brian's story and at the time, I had it in my head that Brian and AJ were pretty close...

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol   

You can check out my other stories, but I can't promise that they'll be updated anytime soon! I got caught up and started to rush and pretty much ruined them. I'm looking into the editing and rewriting process of both of the other stories I have posted. They are called: Running on Empty and Beautiful Mess.

As for other's stories... I honestly have to say that I haven't been reading that much lately and when I do I'm an awful reviewer. Here are my recommendation s:

The Frick and Frack Switch by ForeverFrick
Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon by Dani (It's SO close to being finished, but hasn't been updated in forever)
Hawk and a Handsaw by Julilly (which I need to catch up on apparently)

So, that's all from me! If you have any other questions, please let me know and I'd love to know what you thought of Illusions!!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder

I've been reading in work and am up to chapter 8 now, loving it so much!!!  It was hard to tear myself away to get any work done :)

I'll have a think of some questions and get back.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder

OK, I've just finished reading the story and I have to say, I absolutely loved it!  It had everything I want in a story, romance, drama, tears, laughter and of course a happy ending :)

I can't really think of any questions right now though, so I'll have a think and come back when I have.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Just wanted to come in and say i'm sorry you got a little short changed because of the server going down. We'll keep this thread open for an additional week in July as we also discuss July's fanfic :)

So, again if anyone has any comments or questions now would be a great time to post them!