Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Featured story for July - With The Band  (Read 8808 times)

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
Re: Featured story for July - With The Band
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 07:16:30 AM »

Congrats!!  You updated With The Band faster than I could read it lol.  But I did finally finish that one and now I still need to get caught up on all the others :)

Great job with it though - it was a really original idea with very fresh characters.  I liked it a lot!

Hi Sakabelle!  I know I got on a writing spree for awhile and really forged ahead.  I daresay that I might be slowing down now.  Again.  Or at least until my next Backstreet Boys concert!   8-)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 08:36:06 AM »

I wish I could write that fast!  Enjoy your next concert :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 06:43:06 AM »

Hey guys, don't forget about this thread! :)

Here's a question or two for you

What has been your favorite scene to write in the story? And which if any chapter did you really find yourself struggling to write?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 09:57:32 AM »

Congrats on being featured!  I will have to check it out...I haven't been reading (or writing) in a LONG time :o)

myconfession

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »

I haven't read the story yet, but plan to. I love the song "With The Band" by Dierks Bentley and from what I can tell, it deals with photography, which I love. (Wrote a story about a photographer following BSB myself kind of lol)

Question, are you guys into photography? If so, what kind of cameras do you have and do you do any professional work?

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 09:36:34 AM »

Congrats on being featured!  I will have to check it out...I haven't been reading (or writing) in a LONG time :o)

I look forward to hearing what you think! 

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 09:38:21 AM »

I haven't read the story yet, but plan to. I love the song "With The Band" by Dierks Bentley and from what I can tell, it deals with photography, which I love. (Wrote a story about a photographer following BSB myself kind of lol)

Question, are you guys into photography? If so, what kind of cameras do you have and do you do any professional work?

Oh, I've been out of the country music loop for about a year...I didn't even know Dierks had a song called With the Band...lol.  I'm not a professional photographer by any standards but I LOVE taking pictures.  One of my hobbies is scrapbooking so before you can do that you have to have pictures to use. :)  As for the second part of the question...my camera died a painful death at the BSB concert I went to in June.  It crashed onto the floor.  Luckily I had my dad's camera with mega zoom and my mom's that takes great video as backup :)

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 09:39:49 AM »

Hey guys, don't forget about this thread! :)

Here's a question or two for you

What has been your favorite scene to write in the story? And which if any chapter did you really find yourself struggling to write?

My favorite scene in With the Band was the chapter told from Nick's POV in Vegas (don't want to say anything else for those that haven't read it yet!).  I think the hardest chapter to write was the first one just because I labored over every word.  I hadn't written anything in so long that it took me awhile to get back into the 'groove' of things.

Krys1984

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »

How do you find feel about the story once it was posted on AC? like was there just that ONE thng you wanted to change after it was posted that you felt you though to do but never did?

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 07:06:16 PM »

How do you find feel about the story once it was posted on AC? like was there just that ONE thng you wanted to change after it was posted that you felt you though to do but never did?

I'm really proud of the story.  I think I would have liked to add in more about Liv's background as a librarian...I really set her up to become a tour mommy but I know she's capable of much more.  Luckily I have more stories to rectify that situation. :)

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 10:12:02 PM »

I just wanna say how much I love this story...and all the stories that I've read so far. I know I randomly started reading the newest story and then realized that I was way behind. LOL. I've been reading them nonstop. You're a great writer and I was literally laughing out loud at parts!
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 02:02:16 PM »

Hey Jen I finally thought of a question, which I hope hasn't already been asked. Although I haven't gotten even close to the end of any of your stories, I notice they you have finished them all. So, my question is, in regards to the ending of your stories...do you already have it in the back of your head when you start writing? Or do you just let the characters make out the end? How do you do it? I have four stories a chapter or two away from their endings and I can't write them, even though I already know what I want.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 05:09:32 PM »

Hey Jen I finally thought of a question, which I hope hasn't already been asked. Although I haven't gotten even close to the end of any of your stories, I notice they you have finished them all. So, my question is, in regards to the ending of your stories...do you already have it in the back of your head when you start writing? Or do you just let the characters make out the end? How do you do it? I have four stories a chapter or two away from their endings and I can't write them, even though I already know what I want.

Awesome question!  For With the Band I had no clue exactly where I wanted to end it.  Cruise Control was much more thought out as was Voodoo and Vows.  I have a feeling Babies and the Band is going to be another one where I don't know exactly where I'm going to end it.  Books five and six have a definite beginning and ending planned out.  Nowhere to Go, the Kevin spin-off didn't come with an exact ending either, but I'm pretty happy with the epilogue because it helped bring it back to the main series.  :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 06:35:08 PM »

Who in your story represents you the most as a person?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 07:25:13 PM »

Who in your story represents you the most as a person?

Hands down, Liv...in more ways than one.  I like to think that I've represented some of my own insecurities and worries into her and yet made her a strong person with interests very similar to my own. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3