Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Featured story for July - With The Band  (Read 8772 times)

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
Re: Featured story for July - With The Band
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 08:26:26 PM »

Here's an interesting one that someone asked me once that I thought was fun.

On a scale of one to ten, how realistic do you think you wrote the Boys? Like do you think you characterized them differently than they are in real life or do you think you hit the nail on the head?

Someone asked me that about my STDFB story once and I remember laughing so hard that they'd ask that about that particular story, but I've always thought about it in other stories I've written.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 07:02:13 AM »

Here's an interesting one that someone asked me once that I thought was fun.

On a scale of one to ten, how realistic do you think you wrote the Boys? Like do you think you characterized them differently than they are in real life or do you think you hit the nail on the head?

Someone asked me that about my STDFB story once and I remember laughing so hard that they'd ask that about that particular story, but I've always thought about it in other stories I've written.

LoL Wow that's a tough one...I think for the sheer fact that Nick hopped on the marriage bandwagon in WTB so quickly that I'm going to have to say a 5.5 or 6 out of 10 (I don't think he could be THAT much of a Prince Charming -- he's a man after all, lol).  But it's easy to see that Brian and Nick are the biggest goofballs with AJ a close third.  Howie's so straight-laced and I think Kevin has his funny moments but he still remembers to act his age.  :)  I would also say my realistic portrayal of Aaron is about a --5, haha. 

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »

I want to thank everyone for the good questions so far :) I'm enjoying my 'reign' this month!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 10:27:37 AM »

OKay guys! It's coming to the end of the month so now's the time for some of your final thoughts on this story and some final questions :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010, 10:09:53 AM »

I know it's already August, and I don't particularly have any questions but where has Babies and the Band gone to? I just wanted to read it since I pretty much have a lot to catch up on, but when I clicked on the link in my Favorites list, it said this: "Access denied. This story has not been validated by the adminstrators of this site." Or it must be my internet or something else happened.

I don't know if this is the proper topic to ask this but I'm desperate lol!

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 11:17:27 AM »

I know it's already August, and I don't particularly have any questions but where has Babies and the Band gone to? I just wanted to read it since I pretty much have a lot to catch up on, but when I clicked on the link in my Favorites list, it said this: "Access denied. This story has not been validated by the adminstrators of this site." Or it must be my internet or something else happened.

I don't know if this is the proper topic to ask this but I'm desperate lol!

::I will not cry, I will not cry, I will not cry::

I went to post chapter 42 or 43 this morning, there was a fatal SQL and babies and the band disappeared.  I only have the first twelve chapters backed up.  I'm waiting for an update from Julilly who contacted Chaos.  Unfortunately the server backup was scheduled a half hour after the story was lost.  Not sure when the last time the server was backed up.  I MIGHT have to rewrite, so stay tuned.  No matter what those first twelve chapters will be back tonight...and people should then probably reread anyhow but I'm sure events are going to change slightly ::sigh:: I'm hoping someone has a backup SOMEWHERE

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2010, 12:56:36 PM »

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that. :( It's good news twelve chapters can get back up. I reaaaally hope everything will be okay and you don't have to rewrite, (or at least not that much) not for my sake, but for yours 'cause I've experienced it once that tons of chapters of one of my fanfics just disappeared out of nowhere and I had to rewrite them, but I was too pissed because the forum was deleted without any warning. It SUCKS when you have to rewrite. So, really, I hope all will be okay.

I just saw Babies and the Band back, I'm happy it's at least back on the site!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that. :( It's good news twelve chapters can get back up. I reaaaally hope everything will be okay and you don't have to rewrite, (or at least not that much) not for my sake, but for yours 'cause I've experienced it once that tons of chapters of one of my fanfics just disappeared out of nowhere and I had to rewrite them, but I was too pissed because the forum was deleted without any warning. It SUCKS when you have to rewrite. So, really, I hope all will be okay.

I just saw Babies and the Band back, I'm happy it's at least back on the site!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I ran home at lunch and painstakingly worked to get Chapter One posted.  Scary thing was that I got another Fatal SQL error when I tried.  I was even on a computer that's WORKING.  I'm dying because some of my more spontaneous chapters occured between 13-42 and I can't remake that stuff up if I TRIED.  I feel like a whiny little kid today  :-[
Pages: 1 2 [3]