Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm published!  (Read 4378 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
I'm published!
« on: July 06, 2010, 03:06:51 AM »

Yay!

Sorry, just a little excited. My book released this week. I wonder if that makes me feel better about not having written any fan fic like like a year or whatever it's been now....

*thinks really hard*

Nope. I still suck. But I'm excited to see so many people writing again! Is it the summer break you think? Or is the the tour tha's caused all the inspiration lately?

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: I'm published!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 05:56:39 AM »

Congrats again!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 06:16:18 AM »

For me, it's the tour AND summer break. I have NO idea how I'm going to keep writing once school starts again...I work full time and I'll be going to school 3/4 time.  If I ever want to see my husband I think I'm going to have to stop writing.  :'(

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 06:16:42 AM »

BTW...congratu lations on getting published!!!

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 06:58:58 AM »

YAY Kelly! That's wonderful news! Congrats...big time! :D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 07:11:46 AM »

Congratulation s, Kelly!  It's so awesome!  You don't need to write fanfic when you're a published author!  (Though I wish you still would. :))

It could be the tour, but it's definitely more summer vacation for me.  Having lots of time and few other commitments or things to stress me out is huge.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 07:16:04 AM »

Congratulation s Kelly, I'm hoping I can get your book somewhere here because I love your writing!

VeeLynn

• Innocent Bystander
    • Dragon Age: Into The Fire
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 09:26:51 AM »

Awesome Congrats hun!!  8-)
The writer formally known as ScoobieGang. :D

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 01:50:40 PM »

What's your book called? I'll check it out next time I'm at Borders. :)

I think more people are writing because it's summer. I know I stop writing when I'm swamped with homework and regular work and life in general. Although I'll admit for me it was also the tour, I started writing while I was sitting in the chair waiting for the concert in Boston to start, lol.  ;D
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 02:18:37 PM »

I didn't answer your question about writing. For me it was definintely seeing them in concert that caused the inspiration, even though it didn't really work the last time they were on tour. That and I think regaining my freedom. A combo of them both.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 03:27:36 PM »

What's your book called? I'll check it out next time I'm at Borders. :)

The book is called Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram!

The new website is up and running now. It's till beingjamiebake r.com it just has stuff up on it now. Including the whole first chapter and a book trailer. The links are all on the website, but I can post them here too...

Book website: http://www.BeingJamieBaker.com
Book trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQLtkV7G6cE
Paperback edition (and kindle edition coming soon): http://www.amazon.com/Being-Jamie-Baker-Kelly-Oram/dp/0615377548/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278349140&sr=8-1
All other eBook formats: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/17089

Unfortunately the book won't ever really be in the physical stores since it was a print-on-demand deal. You have to order it online. But soon it should be available at most major retailers in their online stores.

I'm hoping that now that it's finally out there, I can hang up my Jamie gloves and get back to writing something else. I have been doing a little writing, but not too much considering summer for me just means more work instead of a nice fat break. I might be one of the few people on this site who looks forward to school starting in the fall!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 03:42:32 PM »

Although I can't buy the book (because it's not on Amazon.co.uk), I think I could get the Ebook :) Will have a look on payday if it's available here!

summer

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 03:47:40 PM »

Wow, congratulation s! That's wonderful!

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 04:30:28 PM »

Congrats!!! That is so exciting!!! :)  :)  :)

And I'm not sure about the writing surge.  I guess for most people it is summer break.  I'm taking summer classes, so I can't say that I've gotten to write more lately.  Well, I am writing, but its 3 page essays several times a week instead of fun writing! Haha.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »

:( I was going to buy it but since it's not amazon.ca they want to charge me a stupid amount for shipping.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: [1] 2