Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: tinyMCE  (Read 13103 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
tinyMCE
« on: July 15, 2010, 06:09:58 PM »

JLynn mentioned she was having issues with the tinyMCE while posting chapters on the site.

Mare has also been having issues.

It's showing up as per normal for me, so I'm just wondering who else is having to post in HTML?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: tinyMCE
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:34:16 PM »

I don't usually use it because it doesn't like copying/pasting from Word, but I changed my preferences to use it, and when I went to test it, it doesn't show up for me either.  It's checked off, but I still just see the regular HTML text box instead of the tinyMCE box.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 10:29:32 PM »

...psst... what's tinyMCE?
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 10:37:23 PM »

when you post a story there is a text box where you can copy your chapter and underneath that it says tinyMCE. If you check that you can edit what you need to from there. Unless you just upload your chapter. When you check it you can edit without worrying about the HTML tags but for some reason, some of us are having trouble with it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 10:58:58 PM »

Oh... I'm probably the only person that actually writes updates in the text box, huh? LOL And when I don't do it that way, I have them typed in a word document with the "<br>" and "<i>" brackets typed in... I didn't know there was another way to do it... lol oops.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 11:05:57 PM »

If you have your chapters already written on word you can just save it as a web page and upload it onto the site. That's what I usually do but for some reason the italics isn't coming out so I did it the old fashioned way this time around lol You actually write in the box? Wow, that's brave of you! Have you ever lost it that way?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 11:21:52 PM »

Mine always looks all glitchy when I try to upload as a web page or use the tinyMCE editor, so I always have to add in all my italics and stuff manually... it's kind of a bitch!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 11:36:12 PM »

Yuck! lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 06:31:56 AM »

I always do the html in Word and copy and paste. I've never used the tinyMCE. Still working on it!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 12:26:28 PM »

haha maybe if I ever actually posted something.   Could it be different browsers? I know a lot of times if something doesn't work for me on Safari, I can usually get it to work on Firefox.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 12:27:53 PM »

I tried it on both Chrome and IE, and it didn't work on either one.  I hate IE, but once in awhile I get to a page that doesn't work right on Chrome, so I thought the same thing, Kelly, that it might be a browser issue.  Who knows.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 06:12:12 AM »

It isn't working for me either, when I added a new chapter I had to use the <i> things instead of just copying and pasting and it all being set out right, like I usually do.

I'm using IE because Firefox doesn't let me copy and paste at all :(

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 08:33:38 AM »

Another thing I noticed while we're at it. When I go to my author page I can only get to the first page of my stories. You know how usually there are page numbers you can scroll? They don't appear for me. I noticed that yesterday when I was trying the I Write like thing.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 08:36:23 AM »

I noticed that too.
~Maple Jellybean~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 02:44:20 PM »

Another thing I noticed while we're at it. When I go to my author page I can only get to the first page of my stories. You know how usually there are page numbers you can scroll? They don't appear for me. I noticed that yesterday when I was trying the I Write like thing.

I noticed that too. I just checked my "manage stories" and they're all there that way. But if I click on my profile like a regular reader, you can't get to the older stories on like page 2.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: [1] 2 3