Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help Posting?  (Read 3976 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Help Posting?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 10:38:35 PM »

Yay!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 10:45:25 PM »

Glad it worked!

I haven't tried using tinyMCE in forever, but I remember it not posting my stuff the way I wanted it to.  It might have just been the fact that it posts extra spaces between paragraphs; that drives me nuts.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FricksBabyGurl

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 10:47:22 PM »

I thought I was so stupid for not being able to figure it out. The odd thing is it used to work for me then all of a sudden it starting screwing up my spacing and crap. But it's all good now, thank goodness there are so many nice people on AC who are willing to help. :) I always come here when I have crappy days and it's like a freaking family. I just have to read a story or one of these boards and I smile.
School uniforms- $2,500.
School supplies and fees- $1,000.
"From this day forward, you are an LSU Tiger." -Priceless.

November 10, 2009- Greatest day of my life, the day I read those words. ^^

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »

Aww!  I feel the same way about this board.  I'd be lost without it!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 11:11:02 PM »

aww  :bighug:
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 01:12:23 AM »

Glad you got it working!

Copy and paste still doesn't work for me.  I use word, but have tried typing in microsoft works too, but still no luck.  And that tinyMCE hasn't worked for me since the AC blackout :(

So I'm saving my document as a .html file and adding the document rather than copy and paste.  That works for me and keeps all the formatting.  Just means I have to have my chapters as singele files rather than all in the same file.  But that's no big deal.

FricksBabyGurl

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »

Aww!  I feel the same way about this board.  I'd be lost without it!

When it went down I seriously cried. My mom thought something seriously bad had happened like someone had died. Although in a way, it was just as bad. I freaked when I thought about all my favorite stories not being there anymore. I cried again when it came back up, I love this place.  :bighug:
School uniforms- $2,500.
School supplies and fees- $1,000.
"From this day forward, you are an LSU Tiger." -Priceless.

November 10, 2009- Greatest day of my life, the day I read those words. ^^

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 09:28:21 AM »

Glad it's working now!

Heh, I remember my moment of frustration and how freaked out I was when I noticed the black out. Until I saw the message that it would come back. This place is my sanctuary! Also 'cause it helps me improve my way of writing and my English!  ;D

But there are times (like these) I don't visit AC or this board that much, simply 'cause I have to focus more while reading an English story, 'cause it's not my native language. If I focus too much, I get headaches, so that's why.  :-[ (well, that's also because I have concentration problems) These days I just have a tiny break. Although I started reading a bit more lately 'cause I need a lot to catch up on. I reaaaaally have to admit that atm I'm only reading the Coaster Series by evergreenwrite r (forgot the number that's usually in the nickname and forgot your real name lol) 'cause of the reason I mentioned above. I think I have at least 4 or 5 other stories that I haven't read in ages. I feel bad 'cause I'm abandoning them while the stories are so good! But planning to start reading the others real soon. :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:30:49 AM by TheDistantHeart »
Pages: 1 [2]