Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: ages and albums question  (Read 3785 times)

yorkielover88

ages and albums question
« on: August 01, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »

Nick was 22 in 2002 right? Well what album or songs would have been big for the boys during that time or year?

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
Re: ages and albums question
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 02:53:38 PM »

you can always google it

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »

Nick was 22 in 2002, yes. At that time, he was working on releasing and promoting his solo album. The Boys themselves were on hiatus. The most recent BSB song at that time would have been "Drowning" (released October 2001). Nick's first single was "Help Me" from "Now or Never" and that's what people would've known him for in that time period. Once the album itself didn't do as well as Justin Timberlake's CD (which would've been the big fan drama and Nick's career obsession at the time, by the way, was the comparison between the two), he kind of sunk out of major media headlines, but the next two singles - "Do I Have to Cry For You" and "I Got You" - did sort of okay. You'd have to look up numbers to see how "ok" or "not ok" they did. I know Help Me was the most successful of Nick's solo singles, though.

There ya go... a BSB history lesson in a nutshell.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

yorkielover88

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 04:17:26 PM »

awesome thank you again!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »

you can always google it

Seriously LOL. There's all sorts of things to be found in google. Something like that would be easily found on wikipedia, as a matter of fact.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

yorkielover88

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 09:39:11 AM »

i tried that and found allot of conflicting stories. I wanted to be 100% certain and I knew some of you guys where fan crazed enough to know. Never hurts to be REALLY REALLY sure!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re:
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 10:42:24 AM »

You dont need to be fan crazed to do the math lol. Just saying
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »

i tried that and found allot of conflicting stories. I wanted to be 100% certain and I knew some of you guys where fan crazed enough to know. Never hurts to be REALLY REALLY sure!

*wonders if a sane person would be offended by being labeled as "fan crazed enough"* ... luckily I'm aware I'm crazy, LOL
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 02:27:42 PM »

I'm hardly fan crazed and even I knew all of that lol

When my students always ask questions when the answers are so easy to find, I purposely give them the wrong ones. I always know that the kids who do the research will call me out on it and then I say, "Ooh see, it's better to just look this stuff up yourself otherwise you might have failed that test!" lol I'm so bad.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 03:23:36 PM »

I no crazed fan either!

Google is the answer to everything :)

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 03:34:22 PM »

When my students always ask questions when the answers are so easy to find, I purposely give them the wrong ones. I always know that the kids who do the research will call me out on it and then I say, "Ooh see, it's better to just look this stuff up yourself otherwise you might have failed that test!" lol I'm so bad.

LoL You SO get the teacher of the year award from me.  I love that outlook.  I hate when kids come up to my desk at the library and practically want me to do their homework for them.  :)  I tell them I'm in cahoots with their teacher....

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 05:14:49 PM »

LOL thanks. I give them an assignment about, let's say the Beatles, and i'll always have the one lazy kid come up to me and ask are they all still alive? Or what are their names? And I always say oh they all died in the 1800s and all there names were Gus. They were Gus 1,2,3 and 4! lol I make it so they know i'm being a smartass and that i'm not going to help them.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

yorkielover88

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 12:08:14 PM »

Dont I get an E for effort? I tried but found conflicting information. Oh and I meant "crazed" in a really good way. I'll be the first to admit I am! I still scream when I see them on TV. My husband hates it.

Oh and I always liked the teachers in school who answered a question with a question. Like: What song was big for backstreet boys in 2002 and the teacher replies: when did their albums release?

I dunno I'm kinda into the whole clues and mysteries thing.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 07:56:10 PM »

That's how I was when I was subbing and a student teacher.  I swear kids thought just becuase you were  substitute you would give them all the answers or something.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-