Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

Which year would you like this story to take place?

1995 - 1996
- 0 (0%)
1996 - 1997
- 3 (20%)
1997 - 1998
- 1 (6.7%)
1998 - 1999
- 5 (33.3%)
1999 - 2000
- 4 (26.7%)
2000 - 2001
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Back in the Day...  (Read 19367 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Back in the Day...
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 11:11:18 PM »

which made me proud! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

kissesxoxo

• Captain of Commotion
  • Like I Did Before The Storm
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 01:25:31 AM »

This could be fun. I would love to do this. :). If I can come up with something.
Thursday September 9th CW Nikita

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 01:56:46 AM »

I'm working on the August challenges and I don't know if I'm going to vote on this one since I don't have a preference - I will attempt to write whatever year is picked.

On a side note, I was looking around for a post where we could throw out ideas for a future challenge but didn't see one. I don't want to create my own challenge and have others do the same, I like the idea of there being a limited number a month in hopes that more will participate in just that one.

While at work today I was kind of day dreaming and thought it'd be cool if people wrote an AU where one (or more) of the guys worked in their career field. I know we have a few teachers, so you guys would write the guys as teachers, or just one. Julilly would do radio DJ. It would carry on with that. If someone was unemployed, the guy(s) would be unemployed. Same thing if someone was a student. Just a thought I figured I'd throw out there. I know some aren't into AUs. I guess if someone absolutely hated their job, didn't want to write about it, then they could do their dream job but I'd try to shy away from that - just write an "I hate my job" fic.
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 04:30:48 AM »

I'm working on the August challenges and I don't know if I'm going to vote on this one since I don't have a preference - I will attempt to write whatever year is picked.

On a side note, I was looking around for a post where we could throw out ideas for a future challenge but didn't see one. I don't want to create my own challenge and have others do the same, I like the idea of there being a limited number a month in hopes that more will participate in just that one.

While at work today I was kind of day dreaming and thought it'd be cool if people wrote an AU where one (or more) of the guys worked in their career field. I know we have a few teachers, so you guys would write the guys as teachers, or just one. Julilly would do radio DJ. It would carry on with that. If someone was unemployed, the guy(s) would be unemployed. Same thing if someone was a student. Just a thought I figured I'd throw out there. I know some aren't into AUs. I guess if someone absolutely hated their job, didn't want to write about it, then they could do their dream job but I'd try to shy away from that - just write an "I hate my job" fic.

I like that idea!  I love AU's so this is something I'd definitely have a go at if it was a challenge.

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 05:36:20 AM »

That's a challenge I would probably participate in! I love the idea! But, I just quit school and looking for a job so unemployed. But my dreamjob is what the Boys are now lmfao! But I will also start a musical theather class soon, so would that count too? It's a step to my dreamjob, heh.

Now, for this current challenge I'm not sure if I'm gonna participate. I'm still a newbie fan so I have noooo idea what was going on back in those days. I guess I have to do a LOT of research for this, but if I'm being really honest, I prefer doing as less research as possible for a fanfic. :hidesface: I will see! But I do hope the idea of Karen will be a challenge someday though LOL!

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 07:44:29 AM »

I'm loving this idea, too! haha, here's a question - if I have a job AND go to school, can i write one boy in my job and one boy in my classes? (picturing Brian at my job and Nick in my school)
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 07:45:12 AM »

LMAO Pengi... Julie got us all pretty good with the word limit once. She had one of the meanest cliffies ever and goes "Word Limit Reached" LMAO.
??? OMG... lmao I would've been forced to murder someone if I got to a cliffhanger and the person ended it there.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 08:33:43 AM »

Anyone can start any kind of thread about challenges. We can have a challenge idea thread. Just like anyone can issue a challenge at any time. I used to do one a month but no one was writing anything so I stopped. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2010, 08:57:05 AM »

You don't have to actually participate if you come up with the idea. I mean it would be nice but it's not something that has to be done. For me personally, I would only issue a challenge that I knew I would want to read all the submitted stories because I think if you issue a challenge you should read them.

I think the AU idea is a great one but I wouldn't issue it because I know it's not something i'd be interested in reading. I'm not really an AU kind of girl, but if one of you wanted to post it as an october challenge, feel free. It would probably fit really well for October with Halloween and the whole pretend to be someone else thing.  :)

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2010, 09:20:58 AM »

I loveee that idea of it being for Halloween... :D
Although I think an actual Halloween challenge would be fun too. We should come up with horror movie elements and do a challenge similar to the fear of flying one where it had to have element 1, 2 and 3 and be __ many chapters or less. It'd be fun. :D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2010, 11:46:28 AM »

I've done a suspense challenge before where you had to end with a cliffy. That's the one that Rose was talking about actually lol

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2010, 12:33:17 PM »

I wouldn't mind pushing it back till November or having a longer challenge so it's more than one chapter. Say make it from September till end of the year. I'm not entirely sure. I'm throwing out ideas to see what people think.

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2010, 12:46:19 PM »

Anyone can start any kind of thread about challenges. We can have a challenge idea thread. Just like anyone can issue a challenge at any time. I used to do one a month but no one was writing anything so I stopped. lol

Ooh, a challenge idea thread is good! Although now I'm like "should I open it?"
I didn't know you could start a new challenge at any time. I thought there was a certain limit each month so I never made up a challenge myself lol. Will think of one sometime now. :)

I wouldn't mind pushing it back till November or having a longer challenge so it's more than one chapter. Say make it from September till end of the year. I'm not entirely sure. I'm throwing out ideas to see what people think.

From September till end of the year sounds fine by me! Agree with more chapters. :)

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 12:50:18 PM »

I'll go ahead and start up a new thread for the AU idea.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 02:47:48 PM »

Hee hee this sounds fun.  Maybe. LOL.  I would have done the bus one but I already have a bus broke down story and so I can't think of new plots.  Besides, my muse is being mean to me.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6