Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: What I Do From Day To Day  (Read 15704 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: What I Do From Day To Day
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 05:16:49 AM »

Mine would be so painfully dull lol No one would read it!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 06:10:45 AM »

I do sometimes see a few interesting things when I log on to customers computers, so I could write that into it.  But my job isn't all that interesting either, lol.  I'll have to make some stuff up to make it sound better.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 10:50:13 AM »

I'm already making notes about mine. It's gonna be fun. I'm going to use one of my old jobs and my current school. I think it's gonna be an interesting combo. I'm torn between using Nick or AJ though.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »

I'm going to be writing about stuff that could happen or has happened at my job. If I wrote about the day to day stuff, I think it'd be pretty boring though everybody tells me "Being a 911 dispatcher must be pretty interesting" all the time.
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 02:05:31 PM »

I was thinking more of writing the characters in my environments, but not me persay...does that make sense?  And, is that what you are looking for?

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 02:23:46 PM »

Are you referring to a coworker?

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 03:32:28 PM »

Not necessarily... but creating a totally fictional story around places and faces I know...incorpo rating personality types, etc. I was just going to add A LOT of imagination...

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »

I think the point is the guys are supposed to live like you do and work your job... not necessarily BE you, but be in your situation.

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 01:49:42 AM »

Pengi is right. My thought process was that you were going to write someone having your job and/or lifestyle ie student, unemployed, etc.

For example, I work at a 911 center. We dispatch all the fire and law enforcement agencies for my county as well as take all the business calls for each one plus the 911 calls that come in. I also take online classes. So while I may write about a fire department or police station, my main focus is going to be the main character managing working at a dispatch center as well as take classes - though I could opt out of having my character being a student because that isn't top priority at the moment.

Does that make sense?

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 12:14:04 PM »

This is interesting but I'm having a hard time picturing any of the guys...maybe Kevin.
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 12:33:23 PM »

I think I could picture Nick in my job :)

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 03:05:04 PM »

For mine, I'll have a couple main characters as the dispatchers then the rest would be side characters that the dispatchers run into from time to time or work with in other departments.

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 07:10:40 AM »

Question: what if you have a job and you have been a student? Can you also use e.g. AJ for the job and Nick as a student?
'Cause I do got a job atm. Well, it's not like an actual job. More like... I have to deliver brochures and newspapers in a certain neighborhood here in my hometown. I have to fold them in first ('cause I have to pick up different kinds of brochures seperately) and then deliver them on my bike. I can TOTALLY imagine AJ stumbling with the bike and heavy packages balancing on his arm, swearing, while he tries to find his way to the mailboxes. Oh yeaaaah. :D (Especially when it's winter. Then the job's a bitch) I could have Nick study as an executive secretary LMFAO! 'Cause that's what I used to study but I quit in the middle of the semester. Oh all the ideas I get now. (: *fantasy goes crazy*

*gives Karen puppy-eyes* Is this okay too?

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 07:46:01 PM »

I asked that too and she said that using multiple boys for multiple aspects of your life was ok. I'm pumped. LOL

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 02:28:51 AM »

Pengi's right. I don't mind if you're doing several activities and want to use more than one guy to do it. You can give them their own personalities, the goal isn't to write you - just write your job/school experience/unemployment troubles or all with one or more of the guys.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6