Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: interesting blog about villians lol  (Read 2722 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
interesting blog about villians lol
« on: April 25, 2007, 07:49:38 AM »

I thought this was neat, even though I haven't read a lot of what was mentioned lol
Thought i'd share.

What do you think about villians? Do you think they help make a story exicting? I think for me the answer is yes. I tend to stay away from stories that do not have a villian in some capacity.

anyway, here's the link to the blog:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/books/2007/04/bad_characters_good_reads.html
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: interesting blog about villians lol
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:01:31 PM »

I love bad guys ... they totally make the story. If there is not an good bad guy the story sometimes is no good. I say sometimes because you can have one without a villian and still be good, but I love those with villians... love to get angry at people and I find they are more interesting sometimes.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 07:20:43 PM »

And sometimes the villian of the story isn't actually a villian so it can still work. In my new Nick story (as much as it pains me to say it) Brian is sort of the villian of the story. Not intentionally of course but still, he's the one standing in the way of the hero (Nick in this case) and you definately get frustrated with him so he's sort of the Villian, if there is one.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 07:21:53 PM »

And sometimes the villian of the story isn't actually a villian so it can still work. In my new Nick story (as much as it pains me to say it) Brian is sort of the villian of the story. Not intentionally of course but still, he's the one standing in the way of the hero (Nick in this case) and you definately get frustrated with him so he's sort of the Villian, if there is one.

Of course that's a "villian" honey!!  And I find them extremely fun to write, but none of you knew that ;)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 08:28:25 PM »

Aww I think we all knew that because you always mention your love of villians Lore. lol

I love writing them too, I think they are a blast to write.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 09:26:18 PM »

Interesting villains are good. :) My favorite villain I've ever written is Damon, maybe if you saw my comic while it was up... The orange haired one. He's super. :)

And I like demons. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 09:43:34 PM »

Aww I think we all knew that because you always mention your love of villians Lore. lol

I love writing them too, I think they are a blast to write.

heeheee....
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 10:20:45 PM »

Yes, yes he is. Lemme smack him some more! *smacks Brian-giggles* I may smack him, but by smacking him, I get to 'touch' him - hehe.  ;)

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!