Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Felix Awards Season 3 -- Nomination Form!  (Read 37514 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Felix Awards Season 3 -- Nomination Form!
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2010, 02:59:38 AM »

I probably sound really stupid asking this, but does it have to be stories written this year?  Because there are a few which I'd nominate which are a couple of years old and some which were started ages ago and not finished yet.  Just want to be sure before I send in my nominations :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2010, 06:17:02 AM »

Ok thanks! And wait..we can nominate more than one story for each category? I'm an idiot and it's my first time participating in the awards. Lol

You can nominate two different stories for the same category, as long as they're not by the same author.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2010, 06:18:25 AM »

I probably sound really stupid asking this, but does it have to be stories written this year?  Because there are a few which I'd nominate which are a couple of years old and some which were started ages ago and not finished yet.  Just want to be sure before I send in my nominations :)

I don't think so.  As long as the story has never won the category you're nominating it for (like Julilly said, check the previous two years' winners threads), it can be nominated.
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2010, 06:36:17 AM »

Everything Rose and Julie said is fact! lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2010, 07:21:19 AM »

Oh wait! They were right on all but one thing...

Two people CAN be nominated for two different stories in the same category. If I nominate Rose for Thriller/Suspense for a story, and someone else nominates her in the same category for a different story both nominations stand. It's not really up to me to decide which nomination deserves to be there more.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

yorkielover88

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »

isn't male pregnancy AU? Even if the boy is in backstreet boys? Wouldn't it be AU simply because its not possible in real life? Just wondering.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2010, 11:57:24 AM »

I don't think so.  As long as the story has never won the category you're nominating it for (like Julilly said, check the previous two years' winners threads), it can be nominated.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure :)

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2010, 12:54:34 PM »

sent mine yesterday!  ;D

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2010, 01:05:12 PM »

You can nominate two different stories for the same category, as long as they're not by the same author.

Yay! Thanks :)
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2010, 01:35:22 PM »

isn't male pregnancy AU? Even if the boy is in backstreet boys? Wouldn't it be AU simply because its not possible in real life? Just wondering.

That's a tough one actually. Usually m-preg would be classified as slash, but since there isn't a category for it I would either say AU or Fantasy.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2010, 03:40:48 PM »

And to answer the co-author question. If you co-authored the actual story then you can't nominate it, but if it's someone you write with but you have nothing at all to do with the story then yes, you can nominate it. I don't think that question was answered. LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

yorkielover88

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2010, 03:47:58 PM »

That's a tough one actually. Usually m-preg would be classified as slash, but since there isn't a category for it I would either say AU or Fantasy.

Maybe next year their should be. I know not many people like it but just us slash writers could nominated and vote for it.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2010, 03:51:06 PM »

There's other things that there's no categories for and not because no one writes it but because not enough people write it. As it is, we won't be able to fill the categories we have now. The more categories there are, the harder it is to fill all of them.

We don't do any awards categories for visuals or slash specifically because it's a PG-13 awards, but that's not to say they can't be nominated in other categories.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:25:44 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2010, 07:22:55 PM »

I would think a slash story could be nominated for any category it fits in, regardless of whether or not it's slash.  Assuming it has some sort of actual plot outside of sex, it could be nominated for best drama, best romance, whatever would fit.  It doesn't need its own category; there isn't a category for Best Het.  Romance could be between anyone.
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2010, 07:26:54 PM »

I would think a slash story could be nominated for any category it fits in, regardless of whether or not it's slash.  Assuming it has some sort of actual plot outside of sex, it could be nominated for best drama, best romance, whatever would fit.  It doesn't need its own category; there isn't a category for Best Het.  Romance could be between anyone.

Yes, exactly! Slash isn't the genre, it's the content. You can have romance, suspense, etc and have it still be slash.
~Maple Jellybean~

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6