Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FS for September - Fearful Renegade  (Read 4822 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for September - Fearful Renegade
« on: August 31, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »

Hello and happy September (a little early)

This month's story is Fearful Renegade by Scoobiegang.

Here's the link to the story: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10097&warning=4

don't forget to post your thoughts and questions in here for the month and as always, happy reading!

:)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for September - Fearful Renegade
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 03:37:36 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
    Siannah’s views on AJ’s drinking are my views as well. It was a way to get my point across but it’s still just a story. Oh and Siannah is really a red head.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
     A couple of months but I only posted the first few chapters to get some feedback.  I didn’t post again until the story was complete and I was pretty much the only story I worked on for those two months.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
     Having everything he loved taken from him by a crazed fan, Alex finds a new home in a new country, and little does he know he’s about to find something he lost years ago. Himself. But when the past comes back for him, can this new Alex do something he’d never really done before…
Take control of his life.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
AJ – Marc Anthony (He looks like AJ and I think he is a talented actor plus I think he could really bring out AJ),

Siannah – Juliet Lewis (I love her as an actress, she can play Siannah’s toughness but she has that mature woman look about her, no matter how crazy she acts sometimes. lol)

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
      At one point I did because I felt like it was turning into another Romance and I didn’t want it to be that way.  But realized I kind of needed the romance part to be strong to hopefully really push the suspense more.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
     I start with a time line, character outline, and usually the first five chapters I write outlines for. I write this way for all my stories.  But this is the first story where the time line date stayed very close together.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
     Dewwie!!! AJ’s Great Dane Dew is my fave.  He’s everything a Great Dane is, lovable, sulky, clumsy, loyal, protective, and yet just doesn’t give a shit. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

VeeLynn

• Innocent Bystander
    • Dragon Age: Into The Fire
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:47:42 PM »

Awesome, thanks a bunch guys, hope you enjoy the story.
The writer formally known as ScoobieGang. :D

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 01:30:19 PM »

I enjoyed it :)

Not sure what questions to ask, so will come back when I can think of some.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 09:57:44 AM »

What was your favorite scene to write?

Which character do you indentify with the most?

VeeLynn

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 12:37:48 AM »

What was your favorite scene to write?

My favorite scene to write was the Birthday Night Sia planned for AJ.  It was a lot of fun trying to bring AJ into a Canadian experience and figure out how he would react to it.

Which character do you indentify with the most?

Becca, she's kind of like the fan side of me. I'm mellow but I do have my fan moments and don't deny that even if I was besties with any of them, I would still have my fan moments. lol But I also do relate to Siannah because of her view of AJ's drinking.  It's a touchy subject and I just wanted to get my view across and this was a way of doing it.

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 12:44:13 PM »

I LOVED this story.. It was great!

VeeLynn

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 07:47:47 PM »

I LOVED this story.. It was great!

Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 12:56:22 PM »

Did you do much research for the story?

VeeLynn

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 07:22:48 AM »

Yes I did, Parksville is a real small town on Vancouver Island so I made sure geographically I had it all correct.  I made sure I had the Ferry routes mapped out properly so I would know which would be the more realistic one to take. When Sia goes to see her Dad and Mom she takes the ferry north of town, when she goes to Vancouver she takes the Ferry south of town.  I know they also don't have a hele taxi in Parksville but other towns around there do, so I just put one there for convenience cause explaining 20 min ferry rides would get repetitive. lol I researched as best I could when things went down with the stalker making sure I did a Veterinarian justice lol  and I can now give a dog CPR.  Which is something I've wanted to learn anyways. lol

Honestly though I did a lot less research in this story than I have for my others because it was all based in Canada, in Vancouver and I know the area, the feel of the country.  When I'm usually writing the guys/AJ are in their element, their country so I have to double check a lot of things.  I really enjoyed pulling them out of the States, out of California and not doing it because of a Tour or something along those lines.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 04:47:39 PM »

Was there anything you found you wanted to change about the story or the characters?

So you have afavorite chapter or line that sticks in your mind?

What was the most difficult scene for you to write?

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 01:41:46 AM »

Just wanted to say congrats, Scoobs. You know I love this story. Very interesting storyline and I love Dewie as well. Any reason why you made him a Great Dane?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 01:43:42 AM by luna610 »
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

VeeLynn

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 09:17:37 AM »

Was there anything you found you wanted to change about the story or the characters?

So you have afavorite chapter or line that sticks in your mind?

What was the most difficult scene for you to write?

If there was anything I would have changed it would have been the POV.  I wanted to do first person, it had been a while (since highschool) that I had written that way but I was very nervous of perseving AJ realisticly.  So I chickened out and went third person.  The sequel is in First Person (Siannah's view) and it's turning out really well.  So I do kind of wish I took the risk and wrote it from AJ's POV.

Umm I would have to say my little homage I pay to Song for the Undead in a chapter near the end.  Rose and Rok are great writers and the moment was just to good to pass up. lol

The most difficult scene to write would probably be when he would interact with his Mom and the guys.  They were set in there ways about AJ's drinking for a purpose and it was very aggravating trying to explain in AJ's dialogue how he had changed, over and over again.  I felt just as frustrated as he did in the story. lol

Quote from: luna610
Just wanted to say congrats, Scoobs. You know I love this story. Very interesting storyline and I love Dewie as well. Any reason why you made him a Great Dane?

Thanks hun! I wanted a not so average dog.  When people think guard dogs or protective dogs they think, Shepard's, Rotties, Pitbulls, etc.  But ever seen a Great Dane in real life? They're pretty intimidating.  Plus I knew a Great Dane would really fit well with the relationship I wanted AJ to have with his dog.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:21:20 AM by Scoobiegang »

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »

How did you come up with the concept of this story? To have AJ move away, basically off the map, because of stalker?

VeeLynn

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 11:54:09 AM »

How did you come up with the concept of this story? To have AJ move away, basically off the map, because of stalker?

The concept was pretty easy, I like to challenge myself secretly by taking the most over used points of FF and re-writing them to show that you can be different even though people have done that type of story 80,000 times.  I did it with Illicit Gentleman, AJ meets Stripper, pretty basic, but I like to think I took it way off course.  It was the same with FR, famous guy vs stalker but usually the stalking happens on tour, during off time when they're home, or you know during some epic moment in their life.  With moving AJ so far away, well that's AJ right? Always taking things to the extreme.  He panicked, freaked, and took off because it wasn't affecting just him anymore. So I thought it would be a great opportunity to take him out of the States, out of the usual element.
Pages: [1] 2