Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Problems with Posting on AC  (Read 42229 times)

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
Re: Problems with Posting on AC
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2010, 08:29:03 AM »

I don't have a problem with the updating date, at least not with my own stories. It says that Ice Cold Blood has been updated since October 20th and that's correct.
As for Out of the Ordinary, it's correct as well (holy guacamole, October 14th? Seriously? *slaps herself*)

I haven't updated in a while *shame* but I'll keep an eye on anything weird stuff happening if I do update.

Btw, I also noticed the not being able to favorite a story. I wanted to favorite Great Divide but I couldn't find the button. I thought it was just me lol! Now my review to Jen isn't correct because I said I would favorite the story before I actually did it (because I thought the button would be there lol). Oh snap.

I wonder what's next? lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2010, 08:32:52 AM »

Btw, I also noticed the not being able to favorite a story. I wanted to favorite Great Divide but I couldn't find the button. I thought it was just me lol! Now my review to Jen isn't correct because I said I would favorite the story before I actually did it (because I thought the button would be there lol). Oh snap.

You don't visit the home page often, do you? lol Favourites are turned off right now, it's nothing to do with the glitches. It's part of the process of trying to figure out what all the glitches are.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »

I only visit it for one second then click on either Community or Account Info or something lol. I haven't looked at the Site News for a while.

Btw, I read it and I don't think it affects the email notices because I just see I received an email notice of Jen's Heartbreaker.

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2010, 11:07:35 AM »

i had some trouble lasst night. it posted the chapter twice so I deleted one of them. Now in the Reviews Rec'd section it says there is 1 unread review. when I click it, nothing is there.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2010, 11:33:19 AM »

I only visit it for one second then click on either Community or Account Info or something lol. I haven't looked at the Site News for a while.

Btw, I read it and I don't think it affects the email notices because I just see I received an email notice of Jen's Heartbreaker.

Good to know! I forgot to post an author's note this morning. :)  As for Great Divide...until favorites are turned back on, just check the Most Recent page.  It's the only one of my stories actually making it on there. :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2010, 03:33:53 PM »

It's sad that this thread is 13 pages long lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

colorguard_diva

• Major Disruption
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2010, 09:48:57 PM »

Well, I have never received an email for any story I had as a favorite. I just go on that person's page and check. I don't if that happens to anyone else.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2010, 10:29:52 PM »

^Me too, I have never got an email for a story/author I have listed in my favourites.  I always assumed it was just hotmail being stupid, because I have got emails from the message board saying I have a new PM and stuff like that.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2010, 11:02:34 PM »

Try going to Edit Preferences in your account info; there's an option that has to be checked for you to receive emails when your favorites get updated.  It could just be that it's been unchecked.  Or it could be going to your spam folder, but if you're getting other emails from AC, like for reviews, it's probably not that.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

colorguard_diva

• Major Disruption
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2010, 08:20:46 AM »

Try going to Edit Preferences in your account info; there's an option that has to be checked for you to receive emails when your favorites get updated.  It could just be that it's been unchecked.  Or it could be going to your spam folder, but if you're getting other emails from AC, like for reviews, it's probably not that.

I did have it unchecked. Thanks for the help! :)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2010, 09:42:45 AM »

I had it unchecked too! Thanks Julie :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »

Awesome, glad it worked!
~Julie

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2010, 02:23:46 PM »

I just posted chapter 11 of Ice Cold Blood and it posted the chapter twice. D'oh!

Edit: I deleted one of them, and the other just stayed posted. Problem solved. :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 02:28:14 PM by TheDistantHeart »

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2010, 02:34:06 PM »

I just posted chapter 11 of Ice Cold Blood and it posted the chapter twice. D'oh!

Edit: I deleted one of them, and the other just stayed posted. Problem solved. :D

had that issue to. but i think there is a review there that i can't see anymore. does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of it? or will it always be 1 unread?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2010, 05:48:21 PM »

I wonder if someone left a review and deleted it before you could see it.  Maybe it accidentally posted twice or something.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14