Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: FS for October - Song for the Undead by Rose and Julie  (Read 20310 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for October - Song for the Undead by Rose and Julie
« on: October 01, 2010, 04:15:41 PM »

Happy October everyone!

I decided to go with a zombie story for the month of Halloween! Hope you enjoy!

Dont forget to post your questions for Rose and Julie in here.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9551

Happy Reading! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for October - Song for the Undead by Rose and Julie
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 04:31:26 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol     
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 04:35:05 PM »

Wow, and you are the 45th story we have featured on AC :) Congrats!

AJBrianFan

• Innocent Bystander
  • My Boys <3
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 04:35:40 PM »

You guys know I love this story! :D
*Mykal-Ann or MA*

"Life is just." - AJ ;D

CHECK OUT MY AJ FIC HERE! ;D (Last Update: 12/2)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 06:06:10 PM »

We're number 45? Yoot!

I'ma come back to fill out the survey in a bit. :) (Since I'm figuring both of us will each do it LOL)

And thanks MA :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 07:04:46 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

Um...Um...well...crap LOL. Ooh, how about the fact originally, Kelly was going to jump on board and write it with us? I don't think a lot of people know that. When the idea first came up, it was myself, Julie, and Dee (nicksgal), and then we asked Kelly. Kelly was originally all for it, but decided against it later on after her computer got stolen. And then, Dee later dropped out.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

We're still going on it LOL. We started writing it in...summer of 2008 if I remember right. And we're only at the halfway point! Oiy  :D

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

When the virus hit, no one predicted what was to come. Death wiped the world clean, with so few of us left to carry on. Ten, as far as we know. We're not sure if there's more. The world as we knew it is dead, and there's no way to tell. Our only wish, was that those who died... had stayed dead.

We no longer fear death.  Death would be welcomed with open arms when compared to the alternative.

This is our story.

Okay, I feel like that summary was crap LOL. But I tried!

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

The Boys would play themselves. I seriously (right now) can't picture anyone else playing their roles. For the females, I can see Kristen Bell as Riley, very easily. For Kayleigh, oddly I can see Miley Cyrus playing her LOL. Not sure who we'd use for Jo or Gabby, but Gretchen, maybe...Mandy Moore? She's a good actress, and I can see her in that part.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

No actually, I know for me, I was bound and determined to keep this story going. Even when things got rocky in the beginning, I was NOT about to let it die. The reason's pretty simple, I love writing this, we both do. I feel like it shows in the story too. :)

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

Julie and I chat and we have an outline roughly showing where we plan to go with it. By chapter, I'd say we're planned out for another 20 chapters... before we get all vague again LOL.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

I have two, actually. AJ and Brian. And I'm pretty sure Julie'll agree with me here.

AJ's POV is just so different in this story, because he's clinically depressed. It lends a detachment in his view of things, and leads to a bit of a warped sense of humor for him. Because of that, writing him is so incredibly refreshing in contrast to the other characters.

Then there's Brian. I love Brian. The reason's pretty mean though haha. We put Brian through hell in this story, and slam him into rock bottom before he can even blink. It really challenges his character, everything he knew, and everything he is. So I love the journey he's currently on in terms of trying to come to terms with the world, his beliefs, and who he is.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

Kayleigh. I hate her LOL, I try my best to be fair to her character. Still, I gotta be honest... she gets on my last nerve.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

All the Boys are included. How could we exclude any when they're needed to help the human race survive? LOL

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol     

Can I name a movie instead? LOL. Cause I can't think of a fanfic, but I can definitely name a movie. Y'all would LOVE the movie Zombieland. I swear that movie is like me and Julie blended together. 

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 09:58:16 PM »

congrats on the story of the month girls!
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 10:47:30 PM »

Thanks Lore :)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 10:59:12 PM »

Congrats on being featured guys!  I have been meaning to check this one out and now I guess I have the perfect opportunity :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »

Thanks! I love your avy btw lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 05:46:52 AM »

Well done on being story of the month, you both know how much I love it!  I think AJ and Brian are my favourites in it too, and of course Kevin.

I can see Miley playing Kayleigh too :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 10:32:13 AM »

Wow, I totally forgot this was happening, so this was a nice surprise!  Thanks again for spotlighting us this month, Mare!  And thanks for the comments so far! :)

Undead has been one of my absolute favorite stories to write.  It's a lot different from the kind of stories I've written in the past, but at the same time, it fits me because I've always been a fan of horror stories and movies, zombies and other monsters, and apocalyptic stuff.  I just had never tried writing it before and, honestly, probably wouldn't have had the guts to tackle this story without Rose and Dee.  It started out as a joke, and then it seemed like such a massive, daunting project, but I'm so glad we went for it, cause I think it's turned out better than we expected, and it's been well-received on AC too.  Thank you guys for that!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 10:46:31 AM »

I'm not gonna fill out the survey too, cause Rose's answers are basically the same as mine.  I would pick totally different people for the casting question, though, which I thought was funny LOL.  I'm not even sure who (I always think that question is tough, unless you start out modeling a character after a certain celebrity), but not the same actresses she picked.  We spent more time developing our characters' personalities and back stories than we did their appearance, so I think even though we know them the same way, we see them differently in our heads.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 06:23:16 PM »

I'm not gonna fill out the survey too, cause Rose's answers are basically the same as mine.  I would pick totally different people for the casting question, though, which I thought was funny LOL.  I'm not even sure who (I always think that question is tough, unless you start out modeling a character after a certain celebrity), but not the same actresses she picked.  We spent more time developing our characters' personalities and back stories than we did their appearance, so I think even though we know them the same way, we see them differently in our heads.

Really? That's funny the answers are virtually the same except for the casting LOL. I'm not gonna lie, I had a hard time trying to cast anyone except Riley/The Boys. When I picture her, I see Kristen Bell/Veronica Mars sort of an image LOL.

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »

I need to buckle down and read this after I finish with By My Side.
Find me @ drivebylove, ac
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7