Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: FS for October - Song for the Undead by Rose and Julie  (Read 20314 times)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
Re: FS for October - Song for the Undead by Rose and Julie
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 02:30:34 PM »

YAY! I love this story! I can't wait until your next update *HINT COUGH NUDGE*

Also, Zombieland is so this story! Half of the references are things I read in your story and couldn't believe that someone else actually had the same idea as you two lol I love both Undead and that movie :)
Sarah

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 04:14:06 PM »

Thanks! I love your avy btw lol

Thanks Rose :) I heart The OC!

I have read the first couple chapters of this so far and they are really good!  I really enjoy the first person bit at the beginning before the actual chapter content, I think that's a really nice touch.  I'll be back with more comments as I read more of it.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 06:21:32 PM »

Thanks Rose :) I heart The OC!

I have read the first couple chapters of this so far and they are really good!  I really enjoy the first person bit at the beginning before the actual chapter content, I think that's a really nice touch.  I'll be back with more comments as I read more of it.

Ditto :)

Thanks! When we were planning this out, we were kinda torn on what POV to use. So we thought a "Babysitters club" type set up would be a good compromise LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 07:24:19 PM »

Thanks Sarah and Steph!

We're hoping to update at least a couple times this month before Halloween.  Rose has already started the next chapter, and then I have the next few after that.  We'll try not to leave you hanging too long!

Yeah, we thought it would make sense that our characters would be keeping journals as a record of what they're going through, so the intros to each chapter are their journal entries, and the rest is third person.  It made more sense, for consistency's sake, to write the actual story in third person, because switching between ten different points of view could get hard to keep track of.  This way, you get a little peek into each character's thoughts, but the flow of the story isn't compromised.  And yes, like Rose said, very Babysitter's Club Super Special LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 08:21:03 PM »

Hrm, babysitters club is called to babysit a group of unruly zombies this halloween. Will Kristy, Mary Ann, Staci, Mallory, Jessie, Claudia and the others survive what the children have in store for them.  

I like how those were written from the different girl's point of views in the Super Specials.  I really have been meaning to read this.

(yes I pulled their names off the top of my head. I LOVED that series)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:24:55 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »

I was a huge BSC fan too!  Stacey was my favorite.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 09:12:22 PM »

Stacey was awesome, Kristy was too bossy for my taste.

I would say Kevin would be the Kristy in this LOL

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 10:50:56 PM »

I just wanna say congrats on the feature. You both know how much I love this story. I love the way that you decided to write chaps from different perspectives. I have to say that my favorite character to read is AJ :) Surprise! As well as Nick and Brian.
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 11:02:40 PM »

Thanks Sel! :)  We so appreciate your reviews; it's flattering that you like it so much!  We enjoy writing from the different perspectives; it keeps it interesting to change it up that way.  AJ is definitely one of my favorite characters, along with Brian.  Rose writes all the AJ parts, so that is totally her brilliance at work!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 11:05:25 PM »

:blushes: Well thank you Julie. And thanks Sel! I love how much you love the story, and the perspectives keep the story fresh and fun in terms of writing it. It makes it harder for it to ever feel stale.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 04:07:57 AM »

Every time I see a new chapter, I look forward to seeing which persons perspective it's from.  Love it!!

I'd love to see this turned into a book or film (obviously with different characters).

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 08:54:50 PM »

Okay... so I have totally been out of the loop the past two months with the craziness of my new job and the multitude of assessments and evaluations I have to complete on 3 year olds... but I am SOOO glad to see this story chosen and Julie, Rose and Dee getting recognition for what has been (and hopefully will continue to be until finished *wink wink*) such an enjoyable, interesting and all around great story to read.

The descriptions are great, the characters are convincing and the situation is so awful and horrifying that it's pretty unbelievable in so many ways except for the fact that they do a terrific job at making everything so very believable.

I definitely look for updates pretty much daily and can't wait to read more.

Kudos on an awesome job!!

:cheers:
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »

Thank you!

Honestly, it's SO nice hearing all the praise it's gotten. Julie and I work so hard on making this story as believable as possible. You guys wouldn't believe all the research we put into this, because it's such an out there concept. We figure that since it's so unbelievable, we should keep everything as close to reality as we can.

And when we started it, we actually figured it would go kind of ignored LOL. Just cause it's AU, it's zombies, and there's 5 original characters starring front and center with BSB. The reception since day one has been completely surprising.

Oh...and btw, expect an update within the next week or so.  ;D

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 09:16:09 PM »

And feel free to ask any questions you want guys, I know we'll both be up to answering em :)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 12:37:24 AM »

Roooooooseeeee e. I know you finished a chapter of this yesterday! Don't make us wait a whole WEEK for the update! That's just cruel and unusual :P
Sarah
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7