Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: responding to reviews  (Read 3031 times)

yorkielover88

responding to reviews
« on: October 02, 2010, 06:55:35 AM »

I have come to notice (while working on my collaborations) that if I am not the one to post the chapter then I cant respond to a review left for that chapter even if my name is listed as a co author. Is that normal?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: responding to reviews
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:29:08 AM »

Yes, I think it is. I think the only person who can respond is the person who created the account.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 10:20:30 AM »

Yep, that always happens with collaborations .  What I've started doing with my collabs is creating a joint account that both/all authors can sign on to to post the story and respond to reviews; then we just add our individual accounts as co-authors.  It works out fine; the only annoyance is having to log in and out between two accounts instead of being able to do it all on one.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 05:20:37 PM »

I have no idea if this has to do with any changes that have been made to the site in trying to figure out the other glitches, but it actually let me respond to reviews for Song for the Undead under my own RokofAges75 account today.  Normally I would have to log out and log back in as Rose's and my joint account, Double Rainbow.  I had been responding to reviews for my other story and was still logged in when I checked the new reviews for Undead, and lo and behold, the respond link was there and worked.  It hasn't worked like that for any of my collabs in years, so that was a nice surprise!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »

wow, something good happening for once. Very nice to know. When I saw this bumped up I ughed thinking that now people couldn't respond to their reviews anymore. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 05:30:45 PM »

Yeah, something good!  I'd just gotten used to having to log on and off, but it's way more convenient this way!
~Julie