Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: The Felix Awards 2010 VOTING!  (Read 45125 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: The Felix Awards 2010 VOTING!
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2010, 08:29:08 PM »

or people could just stop voting for themselves multiple times. That would help too.  ;)

For real lmao. If people could stop cheating, that'd be awesome!

Especially since the mods are on the verge of outing you. And seriously, could you imagine how embarrassing that would be? LMAO.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2010, 07:40:14 AM »

Buahaha.. This whole thread made me laugh sooo hard. Seriously somebody's that desperate to win? Good God people, be fair.  ::) Like everyone else has said, I don't wanna win because of someone cheating, either! Lame!! I'm happy with just the nom too! Everyone's gotta chill out... lol

Loving some of the comments in this thread tho! LOL And Mare -- you sooo should change that person's display text, that'd teach'em. lol  :D
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »

That is why I didn't vote at all for the category I'm in. I'm not going to vote for myself, but I don't wanna help the competition either - lol.

I doubt I'll win anyway, considering who I'm up against. But it was really nice to see my A.J./Tesia series in the nominations - especially since I haven't updated it in forever.

I think I voted for all the other categories though. :)

Good luck to everybody! (*starts singing Backstreet's Back*)

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2010, 10:32:42 PM »

I see nothing wrong for voting for you competitors if you don't wanna vote for yourself. I know for me, they have stories just as good, if not better than mine, plus it's just friendly competition. But that's just me.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2010, 03:10:22 PM »

Yes, If you truly feel your story was better than the others, than you should have just voted for yourself. Not voting for someone just so they won't beat you is about the same in my book anyway lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2010, 11:07:47 PM »

I voted in my category. I don't think mine was the best anyway. LOL. Totally happy about the nom though.  ;D
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2010, 01:09:19 AM »

I voted in all the categories, not for myself though obviously because where's the fun in voting for yourself!

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2010, 08:03:48 AM »

I voted in all the categories that I submitted nominations for... I didn't have any clue about a couple of the categories so I didn't vote for random stories. One I admit I guessed on, but only cos I know the quality of the author's other work and if its up to caliber with that then it deserved a vote. LOL  :P
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »

I left a lot of categories blank because I didn't want to just blindly vote for a story I have never read.

I at first I wasn't going to vote unless I had read ALL the stories in that category because that's the most fair way to do it, but then I realized I wouldn't be voting at all that way lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2010, 04:57:51 PM »

LOL I know; I was the same way, Mare.  I had read at least two or three of the stories in almost every category, it seemed, and plenty of my favorites were nominated, so I just voted for good stories that I like, plain and simple.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2010, 07:19:45 AM »

Same here.  I've not read all the stories in each category either and just voted for my favourites.

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »

I voted in my category because I think the other nominees in there are better than mine LOL.

Btw, do you still get votes sent in? And do people still cheat, even when we are discussing it in here?

(I still raise my hand for Mare's idea about the display text LOL. Like Pengi said, that'll teach them!)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2010, 04:49:53 PM »

No one has cheated since the last warning I am happy to report! And actually this weekend there was a big wave of people voting, I think about 40 new votes came in.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2010, 06:47:42 PM »

Awesome! Can't wait for the results and see if my favorites won.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2010, 03:43:53 PM »

Just reminding everyone that voting is coming to an end for the Felix awards. You have until the 30th! So if you haven't voted yet, go do it now! :)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8