Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Whose Nick is this? Game one  (Read 12183 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Whose Nick is this? Game one
« on: November 15, 2010, 07:22:44 PM »

Okay, I made an experimental version of this game. It actually took a lot longer than I wanted it to lol

I only used 8 stories and copped out and used one of mine but now that we kind of get how to do it, feel free to make your own just call it the Who's Nick is this Game 2 etc...

I have several lines and quotes from various stories and you need to match the story with the correct Nick.

Here are your choices:

A: Pengi's Nick from Fix

B: Evergreenwrite r83's Nick from Babies and the Bane

C: Julie's Nick from Broken

D: Rose's Nick from Remember Me This Way

E: Jazz's Nick from All That Glitters

F: Carter- Orange's Nick from Rewind

G: Mare's Nick from What Lurks Around the Corner

H: Tantilisinteas er's Nick from I Can Save you

Here are ther lines:

1) So here he was, on his fortieth birthday, all alone, no friends, no family, and no nothing. He’d driven everyone away one by one over the years. He sat there in his tatty whiskey stained t-shirt and worn jeans, contemplating life, wondering what the point of it all was. Would anyone miss him if he just vanished off the face of the earth? He doubted it, he was insignificant. His life wasn’t meant to turn out this way, but fate had had other ideas.

“Another” he called to the bartender when he’d drained his glass.

“You got money for this Carter?” the bartender queried, having been caught out previously.

“Sure I have” Nick replied and emptied his pockets.

He downed a few more whiskies and then staggered home, the night was bitterly cold but he hadn’t bothered with a jacket.

“Hey, didn‘t you used to be Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys” called someone from across the street. Nick looked over to where a small group of teens were congregated opposite him.

“No, not me. I’m a nobody” he replied, his speech slightly slurred. He hated being recognised

2) She saw the flash of anger go through his eyes and had been expecting it. There was nothing this boy liked less than feeling embarrassed. He was so protective over his pride and she often worried that Parker would grow up to be the same way, always protecting himself and flying off the handle when threatened. She should have just known that there was only one outcome to this situation. Nick wasn’t used to not getting what he wanted, and he put up a fight if things didn’t go just how he had expected them to.

3) “We uh broke up,” he shrugged not really wanting to talk about it not that it was anything different, nothing she hadn’t heard before. She wanted him for his money and his status not for who he actually was, it had taken him a while to see it but eventually she had shown her true colours and as soon as that happened it had been adios Casey. He didn’t want to fill his life with women like that, not purposely, but somehow he always wound up with them anyway, he was just about to give up all together.

4) I thought about it a moment. She had been the one to give me the pill, hadn't she? The whole scene in the club was a little hazy in my head and I was suddenly not sure. Maybe I had gone and found it myself. Maybe I'd tried to give it to her. I bit my lower lip. Was I seriously this messed up that I could blame Krys for a whole week for giving me the drugs when it'd been me all along that had tried giving them to her?

5) His robe felt unusually loose on him, and while the tub filled, he took notice of his scale, which lay neglected in the corner. He was sure he had lost weight during the tour; night after night of jumping around on stage would do that to a person. Curious to find out exactly how much, he shed his robe and climbed onto the scale. When the digital red numbers appeared, revealing his weight, he gasped aloud in shock and delight. He had lost twenty-five pounds! No wonder his pants had been so baggy on him lately… they must have been at least a size or two too big. How had that happened? Though he always lost weight when he was touring, he had never lost twenty-five pounds in a month before.

Guess I must be doing something right, he thought with a grin, turning off the water. As he climbed into the tub, he banged his shin on the rim. Cursing loudly, he fell into the tub with a splash and sat gripping his leg and rocking back and forth, while pain coursed through it. He was such a klutz lately.

6) I have never been on a riding bull, but I didn’t think it could be that hard. I’ve ridden a lot of things in my life. Mostly women, but some of them bucked pretty damn hard. I swung my leg over and hoisted myself up.

It would be great if I could say that I wowed the crowd with my amazing abilities and that in my next life I’m going to come back as a rodeo cowboy. In reality, I landed so hard and fast on the mat that I really can’t remember the bull even starting. I got up and gave the finger to the bull much to the appreciation of the crowd. I walked back over to the guys; Kevin was fanning the twenty in front of his face.

7) He hated this. He did. The doctor had warned him that he could travel, tour, do his career just fine for now. However, the unfamiliarity was going to likely throw him off a bit, and that he’d have to be patient with himself. He wondered if the drugs were even doing him any good. They had to be right? He hadn’t forgotten the songs recently, much to his great relief. He’d just been getting confused on where his things were, something Nick knew he had to get used to if he was going to pull this off.

8) When I was a little boy I had this stuffed pig that I took with me wherever I went. The thing might as well have been attached to my arm as a third hand. At least that’s what my mother always told people. It made me feel safe and warm, even as a little baby. I think that’s how long I had it. Mom said I used to sleep with it in my crib and whenever she took it away to be washed, I would scream and cry so loudly, she would give it back to me before she even had time to put it in the dryer.

That pig was my best friend. I never let it out of my sight until one day it just up and disappeared. I wish I knew what happened to it.”

So go ahead and guess by matching the lines with the correct story and i'll be back to give you the answers in a few days! :) NO CHEATING!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:21:01 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Who's Nick is this? Game one
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 07:31:26 PM »

Are we just supposed to post our guesses here?

I know most of them, but I may have mixed up a couple.  I'm putting them in a spoiler box so others can have the fun of guessing too.  Mouse-over below to see.

.............. .............. .............. ..............
[spoiler]1) Carter-Orange's Nick
2) Jazz's Nick
3) TantalisinTeas er's Nick
4) Pengi's Nick
5) My Nick, of course!
6) Evergreenwrite r's Nick
7) Rose's Nick
8) Mare's Nick[/spoiler]
.............. .............. .............. ..............
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:33:44 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »

Wow that was hard!

I'll spoiler tag mine too.

[spoiler]
1.Carter-Orange's Nick from Rewind
2.Jazz's Nick from All That Glitters
3.Tantilisinte as er's Nick from I Can Save you
4.Evergreenwri ter83's Nick from Babies and the Bane
5.Julie's Nick from Broken
6.Pengi's Nick from Fix
7.Rose's Nick from Remember Me This Way
8.Mare's Nick from What Lurks Around the Corner
[/spoiler]
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »

Man, this game would be so much easier to play if I had read any other than mine. I'm going to sit back and enjoy everyone's guesses for now LoL

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 08:30:26 PM »

It's funny because I recognize most of them but am finding it difficult to place them with the correct story.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 09:01:46 PM »

^ I was doing that with one of them too.  I was like, "I know I've read this, but..."  I think I figured out which story it was by process of elimination though.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sevily

• Innocent Bystander
  • The drumbeat is the sound my heart makes.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 09:05:55 PM »

I know the ones from the stories I've read, but I'm ashamed to say that's only three of them.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:31:31 PM by Sevily »
"My best dreams and worst nightmares have the same people in them."

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 09:10:04 PM »

[spoiler]
1. F: Carter- Orange's Nick from Rewind
2. E: Jazz's Nick from All That Glitters
3. H: Tantilisinteas er's Nick from I Can Save you
4. A: Pengi's Nick from Fix
5. C: Julie's Nick from Broken
6. B: Evergreenwrite r83's Nick from Babies and the Bane
7. D: Rose's Nick from Remember Me This Way
8. G: Mare's Nick from What Lurks Around the Corner[/spoiler]

That was a LOT harder than I expected lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »

Yeah, It was hard trying to come up with stories since I don't really read too much fanfic.  That's why maybe someone else doing this may have more fun than I did. I have only read three of them too plus my own which I haven't even read lol

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:22:54 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 09:24:22 PM »

[spoiler]1) F: Carter- Orange's Nick from Rewind
2) H: Tantilisinteas er's Nick from I Can Save you
3) E: Jazz's Nick from All That Glitters
4) A: Pengi's Nick from Fix
5) C: Julie's Nick from Broken
6) B: Evergreenwrite r83's Nick from Babies and the Bane
7) D: Rose's Nick from Remember Me This Way
8) G: Mare's Nick from What Lurks Around the Corner[/spoiler]

Had to make some educated guesses. LOL Haven't read all of these.
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 11:04:08 PM »

hahaha :D

I only know mine and the Babies and the Band one.... lol
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 11:09:55 PM »

hahaha :D

I only know mine and the Babies and the Band one.... lol

I'm sad cause you've read mine :( so you should know mine LOL

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 04:02:57 AM »

I had to guess at two of them, but the rest are all stories I've read :)

[spoiler]
1) My Nick from Rewind
2) Jazz's Nick from All That Glitters
3) Tantilisinteas er's Nick from I Can Save You
4) Pengi's Nick from Fix
5) Julie's Nick from Broken
6) Evergreenwrite r's Nick from Babies & The Band
7) Rose's Nick from Remember Me This Way
8) Mare's Nick from What Lurks Around The Corner[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:48:01 PM by Carter-Orange »

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 07:56:20 AM »

I'm sad cause you've read mine :( so you should know mine LOL

I'm next to positive I know which one yours is... but I wasn't 100% positive.
I'm like 99.9999%

lol I gotta catch up on yours :( its so good. I hate school, I never have time for fun reading. LOL I have like 14 books sitting on my nightstand and like a billion stories I wanna read. Bahhh.

Uhoh. Bahh? The zombie sheep have gotten me. *runs away*
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 12:25:57 PM »

I'm next to positive I know which one yours is... but I wasn't 100% positive.
I'm like 99.9999%

lol I gotta catch up on yours :( its so good. I hate school, I never have time for fun reading. LOL I have like 14 books sitting on my nightstand and like a billion stories I wanna read. Bahhh.

Uhoh. Bahh? The zombie sheep have gotten me. *runs away*

It's cool, I'm behind on stuff too. Damn school LOL.

Pages: [1] 2